Giles Co vs Lipscomb

likearock

TSSAA rule.....subsection (4) paragraph (3) a team must have at least six (6) wins to bring or play a bagpipe. TSSAA rule......subsection (5) paragraph (4) losers such as CulleokaCowboy may not pretend to talk or posts about football and pretend as if he/she thinks they know what they are talking about.

And people give the TSSAA so much crap.....those are rules to live by right there!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not taking Lipscomb lightly by no means what so ever.We all know they have a legend of a coach and what he's capable of.Super excited of this classic match up considering the history between the two schools.Big rivalry renewed Friday at the Brickyard.

I think this post says it best, as Lipscomb also respects GC and its coaching staff, and knows this will be a tough game. To answer a few questions that have been raised. The MustangFanPage is not being ignored because of a lack of fan support or shame over a "down" year or two. The MustangFanPage is not a school sponsored or affiliated website. Also, Lipscomb doesn't have a Quarterback Club or fundraising organization specifically for football or the MustangFanPage. This website was started, and run on a volunteer basis, but lately has been without someone stepping forward to commit to the time involved.

I'm not sure what the story is on the guy who played bagpipes. I'll let someone else speak to that. Maybe "he" retired, or broke a lung or finger or such. The Mustangs still have plenty fan support and will bring a good crowd Friday night to be sure. Some of the best football games I've ever seen were between these two teams. I'm hoping Friday will be another one that makes the list.

in a toss up for this match up. on one hand im a big.supporter for 12AA football. would love to see gold ball come back to 12AA. on the other hand i have kin that plays.for lipscomb. Either way i will enjoy the.outcome. Cobb and Baker are.as.good a qb/wr combo.as.any.in.the state. good head on.their shoulders. much respect for.giles and.their program. will have to say im.pulling.for.giles though. if they make it to the big.dance.and.bring the prized.trophy back. its makes our.district look even more respectful. Always nice to know.your playing in of the top.districts with.the top programs in the state. Boosta.confidence and gives.player a.since of pride whether they win.or.lose.every friday! if your.gonna.lose. Its nice to say u lost to some of.the best.in.the state. Bring.it home Giles. Thia fairview fan is behind you all the.way. Womg. likearock,dadstimes5, sawman,and any other regulars from giles. you guys are all class act and although we get a litte rowdy during the season you guys always support your team no.matter what their.record is and those boys.are lucky.to have great supportera like yall and the rest of the bobcat nation!

Good to see you on here snd. There have been some great games for sure. I credit DL for being a piece of the puzzle for our success of late. Our coaches knew what it took inside to win the big games. The tough games against DL taught our young men what it takes. We know you will bring a good crowd. Friday Night Lights at it's best.....ph34r.png

WiseOldManGiles'

Good to see you on here snd. There have been some great games for sure. I credit DL for being a piece of the puzzle for our success of late. Our coaches knew what it took inside to win the big games. The tough games against DL taught our young men what it takes. We know you will bring a good crowd. Friday Night Lights at it's best.....ph34r.png

WOMG,I recommend your post As truth..in district with DL for many years raised your bar to excel and you have,tho no longer foes both hold the other in high regards...you know I really didnt mind the bagpipe player,, but those darn yellow jugs gave me headaches...hope for an injury free well played game by both teams,with no injuries..travel safe

in a toss up for this match up. on one hand im a big.supporter for 12AA football. would love to see gold ball come back to 12AA. on the other hand i have kin that plays.for lipscomb. Either way i will enjoy the.outcome. Cobb and Baker are.as.good a qb/wr combo.as.any.in.the state. good head on.their shoulders. much respect for.giles and.their program. will have to say im.pulling.for.giles though. if they make it to the big.dance.and.bring the prized.trophy back. its makes our.district look even more respectful. Always nice to know.your playing in of the top.districts with.the top programs in the state. Boosta.confidence and gives.player a.since of pride whether they win.or.lose.every friday! if your.gonna.lose. Its nice to say u lost to some of.the best.in.the state. Bring.it home Giles. Thia fairview fan is behind you all the.way. Womg. likearock,dadstimes5, sawman,and any other regulars from giles. you guys are all class act and although we get a litte rowdy during the season you guys always support your team no.matter what their.record is and those boys.are lucky.to have great supportera like yall and the rest of the bobcat nation!

Took the words right outta my mouth Slim. Well said.

I believe this will be one of the better games in 4a during the 1st round. Lipscomb has improved all year, Giles will pull away late in the 3rd qtr for the victory.

Giles pulls away midway in the 1st. D is dominant and the O is a well balanced machine lately. Just too much for the Stangs. Giles Rolls....Go Bobcats!

Edited by Jacketman89

Ok...were going to have to find someone to pretend to be a DL fan.

Does anybody know if they still bring that gawd awful bagpipe player to the away games with them.icon_e_confused.gif

Ok rock I will play pretend with you. Here we go.

We here at newly named Lipscomb Academy prefer to do our talking on the field. If I recall correctly, we were the last team to beat you in your precious brickyard and we also sent your soccer team home last year with their first and only loss of the season. So we silent type like to hear all the chatter and come in and steal the thunder. So keep on prodding this Mustang and it just might gitty on up and send you boys home early this year. School may have a different name but we still own you!!! Is that better rock, can you work with that?