Bearden at Dobyns-Bennett - Round 1 of 6A Playoffs

DBGRAD70

You brought up Maryville first. You said Bearden was a better team even though Maryville beat them by 18 at their place.

This is the last time I'm going to say it. I said looking at the two teams Bearden looks like they would be a better team. In the uniforms guys. Big and strong looking. So does Science Hill. Just appearances. Not in the play. Is that clear enough? Isin dat cleur enuf. However you need me to spell it.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen, I personally believe Bearden was an unfair draw for DB. Teams that pass give Bearden some problems. A rush team is exactly who they would like to play. They have athletes and a good coach. This could be closer then some think. I have confidence DB's offense performs at a high level and my dominant Bearden. But, don't underestimate Bearden, they have something to prove. This is no easy push-over game. Practice this week for D-B better be focused. How embarrassing would it be to lose to Bearden?

So strength vs strength...that should be good. That's what you get in the Playoffs. Bearden may have the best rushing Defense the Indians will have faced...my guess is, the Indians Rushing attack will be the best that Bearden has faced as well.

Roll Tribe Roll

It's just not worth the effort to even try and figure out what you are trying to say...

Somebody said the Indians didn't give Foreman and Swafford the ball enough against the Hill Toppers...really? Foreman had the ball in his hands every play..and had 25 carries for 250 yards and 3 TD. Swafford, he did all he could. A little banged up you know. I thought #35 Zach Casey played a whale of a game...had to have over 100 yds rushing. We need more of that. I hope Foreman only has half as many rushing atempts against Bearden as he did vs SH.

Roll Tribe Roll

Good to see you give the players a little credit without telling us what a awsome and great best coach in the whole world Clark is. I didn't think you had it in you.

I think this DB team is Playoff ready. A Coach who has worked hard this year, harder than in a long time and a great bunch of Players that have faced adversity and kept on winning. Loosing Chris Cook was a major blow, he ran the offense with precision and the offense was very diverse. With Foreman at QB we have explosivness but maybe less of a playbook to work with. Coming back from 15 points down entering the 4th quarter and winning over one of the best teams in the state was impressive and speaks volumes for the maturity of the Indians.

Bearden got any fans? There used to be a bunch on Coach T.

Take care of the ball and DB will take care of business....have a bunch of turnovers and the season is over.

Hoping for a good week of healing and practice and better weather by Friday

Roll Tribe Roll

Hmm...that's not what you were saying last week. How do you know how good Science Hill actually is? Oh yeah they played DB close so they must be good.

DB hadn't scored 70 in a game in over 4 decades and they did 3 times in a row this year. I got it 35-7 at halftime so the Toppers had better score quick in the 2nd half or that cliock will be ruining fast on you. 19 in a Row.

DB 56-21

Roll Tribe Roll

You will still see a beat down Spear, just with a lot of hype and a record crowd that will be filling out at halftime.

Roll Tribe Roll

Gentlemen, I personally believe Bearden was an unfair draw for DB. Teams that pass give Bearden some problems. A rush team is exactly who they would like to play. They have athletes and a good coach. This could be closer then some think. I have confidence DB's offense performs at a high level and my dominant Bearden. But, don't underestimate Bearden, they have something to prove. This is no easy push-over game. Practice this week for D-B better be focused. How embarrassing would it be to lose to Bearden?

If S.H. and D-B lose, it will take years for the NET to regain any respect. A lot of pride is on the line this Friday, you both better be prepared.

And as a Maryville fan, our starters should be will rested after the Hardin-Valley game- over in the first quarter. O. R. or Science Hill should prove to be a good second round challenge.

Embarrassing to lose to Bearden? Take into consideration DB's playoff record. It should be the other way around. And, (regain) respect? NET has never had respect.

Embarrassing to lose to Bearden? Take into consideration DB's playoff record. It should be the other way around. And, (regain) respect? NET has never had respect.

What is DB's all time playoff record? It's actually under .500 if i'm not mistaken isn't it? That's hard to believe, for me personally having seen some real good DB teams through the years as an OR fan.

What is DB's all time playoff record? It's actually under .500 if i'm not mistaken isn't it? That's hard to believe, for me personally having seen some real good DB teams through the years as an OR fan.

Im not sure about the all time record but I think I read somewhere that Clark has more playoff loses than regular season loses. That would give you a good ideal how bad it is because you can only lose one playoff game a year.

NET has had respect in the playoffs.1938 was the only playoff year that had a single champion{Elizabethton} ,The first year of the playoff system now 1969 had the largest class champion from Morristown East.1971 and 1972 Tennessee High team with back to back state and a national title.I think that's the only Tennessee team to win a national title since the playoff system started.Yes the Greeneville run {nomatter how obnoxious} some of the fans get,it counts and gives this part of the state some respect

NET has had respect in the playoffs.1938 was the only playoff year that had a single champion{Elizabethton} ,The first year of the playoff system now 1969 had the largest class champion from Morristown East.1971 and 1972 Tennessee High team with back to back state and a national title.I think that's the only Tennessee team to win a national title since the playoff system started.Yes the Greeneville run {nomatter how obnoxious} some of the fans get,it counts and gives this part of the state some respect

Wasn't that East team Quarterbacked by the great Randy Sanders? :)