Bearden at Dobyns-Bennett - Round 1 of 6A Playoffs

DBGRAD70

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying this to the whole DB fan base, because every fan base has idiots. And I think DB fans were very classy at the game and showed respect, but I did hear that on of the fans on the front row near the visitors locker room told #27 Oryen Scott he "F'ing Sucked" . So you could only imagine what that did to a young teenage kid. Can't always blame the kids.

While I don't agree with this kind of behavior at all, I will say that I noticed O'Ryen Scott taunting the DB crowd a few times during the game. I also remember seeing Reed Hayes put his finger up to his mouth and make the sshh'ing gesture to the DB crowd after he scored his TD. And I won't even mention all of the things I heard both student sections yelling at opposing players. A number of players on both sides were told they "F'ing sucked".

Well I have not read through all the posts but as a "casual" Bearden fan I will give my thoughts. 1. I don't pretend to know a lot about DB except that they have several playmakers at QB, Rb etc and I understand that they score a lot by getting to the edge and breaking long runs. I understand they held SH to a lot fewer rushing yards than SH was averaging. I can tell you Bearden has a number of strong players but we have a tendency to shoot ourselves with penalties and dumb play calls. Personally I feel Bearden should run Waters as their primary RB instead of part te RB and pastime FB. Nobody has stopped him especially from the I formation. He avg 10 yds a carry and look like a man playing w boys at 6-1 230 but since he starts at LB too I guess they try to rest him . I think the D containing the edges and the kicking game will decide if Bearden can win. Dawgs will score but can we stop DB is question.

While I don't agree with this kind of behavior at all, I will say that I noticed O'Ryen Scott taunting the DB crowd a few times during the game. I also remember seeing Reed Hayes put his finger up to his mouth and make the sshh'ing gesture to the DB crowd after he scored his TD. And I won't even mention all of the things I heard both student sections yelling at opposing players. A number of players on both sides were told they "F'ing sucked".

I'm not saying some SH fans aren't bad at all. I know there is a couple crazies in each fan base. And the student sections are almost always going to be like that, especially in one of the best rivalries in TN. The players do need to learn to keep their heads too.

I think DB as a school showed a lot of class and respect to SH ...bringing out the Topper

band to play with the Tribe Band and allowing the SHHS Band Director to lead the Anthem...in one of the most incredible atmospheres in East TN Football History. And we still heard the Topper fans crank up the Burn DB cheer when they took the 15 point lead...am I right?

So! A few boneheads are everywhere

Indeed, there are always idiots, on both sides. They don't represent the majority who are there to enjoy a great football game.

And the bands did the joint Anthem at SH last year as well with Lafe Cook directing. I think that should continued to be done. With both bands on the field, you have undoubtedly the largest band in the southeast, and what a great sound!

Oh, and Congrats to Coach Clark, TN Titans coach of the week for DB's victory over SH on Friday. This epic game even got attention past Knoxville.

CGC will get a to watch the Titans take on Jax later in the season (not sure if that is reward or punishment ;) ), and $1000 donated in his honor to the Titans Foundation.

Good morning fellas!!! Hope all is well this morning. To any members on here that have families affected by Hurricane Sandy, my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

On that note, let me give ya a little insight on the Bearden Bulldogs this year. They do have some playmakers on both sides of the ball. Their QB Nicky Frizen is a very athletic QB...(from what I've heard of DB's QB, not quite the same caliber, but athletic nonetheless). He is good at making plays out of busted plays. He has a decent arm, but defiently more dangerous when scrambling. They have good amount of depth at the RB posistion. Both Josh Walls and Christian Robinson will see plenty of action in the backfield. Both are small quick backs that can be elusive in the open field. Their FB Trent Waters is an absolute BEAST!!! He is extremely tough to bring down with one tackler. He doesn't get many carries, but when he does, he will probably gain 7 to 10 yards per carry. Their OL is of average size but is well coached and disciplined. In the beginning of the season, they struggled a bit with penalities, but as the season has progressed they have become more aligned as a unit.

On the defensive side of the ball, their strength is their LB core. They are lead by Trent Waters and Griffin Delong (son of former Vol, Keith Delong). They will pop ya so be ready for a physical football game on Friday night. They are quick and swarm to the ball extremely well. Their DL is undersized but agressive. They have alot of energy and will give their all for four quaters. Their secondary is fast but not the best tackeling group. That could be an issue with DB pounding the rock all night long.

They have an excellent kicker who is pretty consistant from 40yds in. Punting game is hit or miss.

With that said, Im looking forward to a fantastic football game on friday evening. Ive never been to DB before, but Ive heard the facilities are fantastic. Hopefully the weather holds off and it will be a gourgeous night for high school football in East Tennessee.

My prediction..... Ok, Im a University of Tennessee, Dallas Cowboys, Atlanta Braves and Bearden Bulldog fan.....anytime this year Ive tried making a prediction, Ive been highly dissapointed. So with that said, I guarantee the team with Maroon in their uniforms will win the football game on Friday night

Fearintheveer....HE GONE!!!!