Round 1. MJ vs. Independence

BearPride12

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me for Indy to win this they need A+ game...

Along with a few Wharton KO touchdowns

If both teams bring their A(+) game the Bears win by at least 2 TDs. If the Bears don't bring theirs and Indy does than Indy could win a close one. It's the playoffs and if you don't bring your A(+) game you don't deserve to move on to the next round anyway. Looks like Hopkins is healthy again. Looked like his old self in the WC game. Go BEARS! Edited by MJpride

Heck the last 30 years, well of course you are gonna play the schools you mentioned....

You said the last several years - correct me if I'm wrong but several is 2 or 3 years...

Look DC is not the powerhouse you think it is past or present.... The years you played with us big boys in 11AAA you did what? Hardly anything to brag about ...

You got lucky with a cupcake district -

Feel for Brentwood and WC - Brentwood because it faces a very tough WC team whom deserves a higher ranking/seed and for WC a team that draws a BHS that can play with anybody ....y

DC played with all the schools in District 11-AAA a few years back as part of a regional schedule and it was (90% of the time) always between Brentwood, Franklin and DC. Brentwood has a good football team as well as WC & MJ but don't say someone does not deserve a certain seed because you have not seen them play and know nothing about them. We do play a little football on the west side of Nashville and Williamson Co. and will play whoever the TSSAA tells us to play and you better have your helmet buckled on tight if you play us!! Go DC!!

Congrats on a great season MJ

Indy? Like Chad said on TSSAA bracket show what Indy team will show up? If the good one shows up you could be one and done , if the bad one turns up you win 40 - 12.... The Dr Jeckyl & Mr Hyde of Indy is a result of its head coach Kevin Dyson, so advantage MJ on coaching.

Indy has the Devin Hester of punt return/kick returner in Div 1 recruit Vic Wharton , he is that special so you best kick away from him.

Offense they use a 2 system QB rotation with Swayze taking about 60% of the snaps..He won't beat you with his arm.Other QB is Wharton ...

They like to get the ball to 6'2 Prado whom when they do get it to him is a darn good player ...

Running the ball , kid puts up good numbers J.Wade-Not fancy but above average back....

Simple for MJ-stack the box , make Indy throw ...

Defense- they are bend don't break type and when they are in there game it could be tough for you to put points on the board ( they did manhandle Siegal ) for 3 qtrs..However this year they have allowed some very long runs ...

They play the pass very well, and secondary is a strength .....

I don't know what Indy will bring this week-but hope I'm wrong as I see them one & done

Sounds like a good thing for the BEARS offense. Our strength is running with scoring a few TDs on long runs. Our defense is healthy once again and if they play as fired up against Indy as they did WC it could be over early for Indy.

All kicks this week will be touchbacks due to Wharton being the dangerous returner.. Punts on the other hand will be planned to get kicked out of bounce I would guess but Jenkins is a first year punter and could make a mistake..

Is Wharton as dangerous in the backfield as he is returning?

Wharton is scary whenever he has the ball but in the return game, especially punts, he is lethal. The more room he has to freelance, the better he is. Punt returns are where I've seen him do his best work. As far as his QB runs and other runs out of the backfield, just do plenty of pursuit drill. Contain the edge and force him inside but be warned, your inside out players had better be there. Wharton sees seams opening three steps before it happens. The rest of the game plan should favor MJ. Not that Indy is no good, just not as good as MJ.

Congrats on a great season MJ

Indy? Like Chad said on TSSAA bracket show what Indy team will show up? If the good one shows up you could be one and done , if the bad one turns up you win 40 - 12.... The Dr Jeckyl & Mr Hyde of Indy is a result of its head coach Kevin Dyson, so advantage MJ on coaching.

Indy has the Devin Hester of punt return/kick returner in Div 1 recruit Vic Wharton , he is that special so you best kick away from him.

Offense they use a 2 system QB rotation with Swayze taking about 60% of the snaps..He won't beat you with his arm.Other QB is Wharton ...

They like to get the ball to 6'2 Prado whom when they do get it to him is a darn good player ...

Running the ball , kid puts up good numbers J.Wade-Not fancy but above average back....

Simple for MJ-stack the box , make Indy throw ...

Defense- they are bend don't break type and when they are in there game it could be tough for you to put points on the board ( they did manhandle Siegal ) for 3 qtrs..However this year they have allowed some very long runs ...

They play the pass very well, and secondary is a strength .....

I don't know what Indy will bring this week-but hope I'm wrong as I see them one & done

Question is; can Indy slow down MJ's winged T? They struggled with Brentwood's and Brentwood does not have the backs or the experience running the Winged T that MJ does. Indy's strength on D is their secondary. I don't think they will want to come and hit McCathern to many times. I see the Bears wearing down Indy's D as the game goes on.

Wharton will probably make a big play or two; but not enough to keep them in the game.

Bears win big.

Question is; can Indy slow down MJ's winged T? They struggled with Brentwood's and Brentwood does not have the backs or the experience running the Winged T that MJ does. Indy's strength on D is their secondary. I don't think they will want to come and hit McCathern to many times. I see the Bears wearing down Indy's D as the game goes on.

Wharton will probably make a big play or two; but not enough to keep them in the game.

Bears win big.

BHS game was way early in the season .... Please don't take stock in the game - please note how Indy D stopped probs the best offense in the state Seigal and its qb stockstill...

The thing Indy faithful worry about is the Indy Offense and scoring pts..

As I predicted MJ should win, but be cautious MJ Indy can surprise you ...