Goodpasture @ CPA

coachrus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a fan/parent/player of a particular school what is with the sharing of injury information?? Why don't you share playbooks, too! Full disclosure sounds like a great idea!!

Nothing was shared that has not already been discussed in the media (radio) and is online for anyone to hear or see.

Is the original starting QB from week 0 available for this game if something happens to the 8th grader that has played the last couple of weeks. Did the 8th grader just beat the original starter out or is this a suspension/injury issue?

Sounds like all but 3 kids from week 0 are available for Goodpasture. CPA could have as many as 3 - 4 starters from week 0 out due to injury. 1 major contributor for sure as he has been out since Kenwood game. There could be 2 or 3 others depending on what doctors tell them this week.

Sounds like an even match to me. Expect a close game.

8th grader beat out the original starter who is still on the team. They pulled CJ Laws up after the middle school season ended and he has performed.

Tough draw for CPA in the first round after an undefeated regular season. I have CPA making it to Cookeville this year, but looks like they will be challenged right out of the gate. I will stick with CPA to win in a close one. This could be one of the very best first round games anywhere for a #1 or #2 seed. Good luck to both teams thumb[1].gif

Football Dad, I thought I saw CAK as a 3 seed in quad 2? How did this happen?

District Champions get seeded first and Alcoa and Polk Co. were District Champs in that Quad.

Still it would have been good to see CAK and Alcoa battle it out in a semi-final game for quads 1 & 2, if they got that far. But 3rd Quad this season is the toughest out of all 4 quads in 3A TN ball.

Rise up CUBNATION!!! GO CUBS!!!

I wouldn't say GP is back at full strength, I think a few players never got to come back. This will be the second start for GP's 8th grade quarterback. He was put in during the 3rd quarter vs McGavock last week and started last night vs Greenbrier.

As close as the first meeting was this year, I would have to say CPA will win this one by at least 21. If GP plays a perfect game they might be able to keep it closer but I say CPA wins this one.

Are you a Goodpasture fan? You don't seem too optimistic for their chances. Is it due to the QB being an 8th grader or overall better talent at CPA?

Football Dad, I thought I saw CAK as a 3 seed in quad 2? How did this happen?

Others have already answered correctly before I checked the thread. CAK & Alcoa have always been placed in the same Quad and generally face each other Round 2 or Round 3. Alcoa had always come out on top until last year when we beat them twice (after 12 attempts). We have faced them twice a year for the past 6 or 7 years, once in the district and once in the playoffs. We may have had a couple Silver Balls along the way if we were on the other side of the bracket, but the Gold Ball we got last year kind of takes away the sting. Playing Alcoa twice a year accelerated the progress of our 10 year old football program. Iron sharpens iron, and you either get tougher & better when playing them regularly or you get your nose rubbed in it. Fortunately we got better, but we have taken our whippings along the way.

Others have already answered correctly before I checked the thread. CAK & Alcoa have always been placed in the same Quad and generally face each other Round 2 or Round 3. Alcoa had always come out on top until last year when we beat them twice (after 12 attempts). We have faced them twice a year for the past 6 or 7 years, once in the district and once in the playoffs. We may have had a couple Silver Balls along the way if we were on the other side of the bracket, but the Gold Ball we got last year kind of takes away the sting. Playing Alcoa twice a year accelerated the progress of our 10 year old football program. Iron sharpens iron, and you either get tougher & better when playing them regularly or you get your nose rubbed in it. Fortunately we got better, but we have taken our whippings along the way.

Last Thursday night's game with Alcoa was a classic. I thought CAK had the momentum when they scored late and thought they could have pull it out. However, it seemed that several CAK players went down with cramps in the second half which must have had an impact. I thought it was odd to see so much cramping this late in the season.

Last Thursday night's game with Alcoa was a classic. I thought CAK had the momentum when they scored late and thought they could have pull it out. However, it seemed that several CAK players went down with cramps in the second half which must have had an impact. I thought it was odd to see so much cramping this late in the season.

Thanks, and I think you are right about the momentum. In hind sight I believe we would have gone to another play on the 4th and 3 that ended our chance of winning. But we can certainly build on that game and we will be ready to take another shot at them if we get the chance. The cramping was a result of CAK playing offensive players both ways. We had not done that all year except for a series or two. Not to mention that any game with Alcoa is more physical than most. J.Smith was cramping and unavailable most of the last series due to cramps as well, but he had just returned a week or so before after a 5 week layoff due to a broken collar bone, so he has not played himself back into game shape just yet.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, but thanks for the thoughts. Good luck to both CPA & Goodpasture. I would love to see this game. I will be getting regular text messages about the progress from a relative that will be there.

Thanks, and I think you are right about the momentum. In hind sight I believe we would have gone to another play on the 4th and 3 that ended our chance of winning. But we can certainly build on that game and we will be ready to take another shot at them if we get the chance. The cramping was a result of CAK playing offensive players both ways. We had not done that all year except for a series or two. Not to mention that any game with Alcoa is more physical than most. J.Smith was cramping and unavailable most of the last series due to cramps as well, but he had just returned a week or so before after a 5 week layoff due to a broken collar bone, so he has not played himself back into game shape just yet.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, but thanks for the thoughts. Good luck to both CPA & Goodpasture. I would love to see this game. I will be getting regular text messages about the progress from a relative that will be there.

The CPA Goodpasture game will be broadcast on the internet through TSSAA network, but I'm sure you'll have other "plans" Friday night. Best of luck, I hope your predictions for the Finals comes to be.