A-AA State Tournament Thoughts

CHAMPDDS

Wow, Do I have a lot to say.... So much that I am struggling to find my voice. LOL

First, I must admit the hospitality of the Chattanoogans was impressive. Champs, Cannon, and even Booger thanks for the dose of Ol' fashioned southern hospitality. The comments about our team have been nice to read.

Second, one thing that this weekend proved, White House, lived up to their hype... (hype provided by MCHS and Myself). As I have said WH has belonged on this stage for at least 2 years, probably 3. In 2010, they were upset in the regional semis by Lipscomb. Lipscomb was a team they had beaten in the regular season in a 1-0 match that wasn't really that close. The region semi was a nail biter all the way, but WH controlled that match as well, but just couldn't finish. In 2011, they were denied access, by CPA in that same regional semifinal. The fact that CPA was victim of a MAJOR upset in their district final by Hume Fogg was the only reason we were not here last year. WH had dominated Hume Fogg 4-1, tied CPA 1-1, and beat CPA 1-0 all in the regular season.

That leads me to my third point. These young ladies had one goal this season, History WILL NOT repeat itself. You are all soccer parents, so you know the level of effort it takes to succeed. So I am not going to dwell on the details, but they achieved their goal and much more. I am so proud of these young ladies! I can bet ya, nobody will ever underestimate WH again. Right, Irish fans?

Fourth point. (Yep still going) Last night was a tough one! Last one for my senior daughter! It had to end sometime, right? Well she said it all as far as I was concerned right after the game... "Dad, I am fine with it, I did ALL I could do. They were just better. NOT MUCH, but they were better." ........She never shed a tear. Words cannot express how proud I am of that young lady...

Fifth Point.....LOL... CAK is number one in the state for a reason, and tomorrow they will be crowned again. IMHO. Best team we have played this year. Maybe Brentwood was better, but we had 5 players out so I don't really know, and they are AAA.

Sixth Point... All A/AA tournament team from what I saw (didn't see Elizabethton or Sacred Heart) and no offense intended to anyone's kid.... This is what I saw...

Laura Champion, Notre Dame

Emma Higgins, Notre Dame

Laura Morse, CAK

Addy Cronan, CAK

#13, CAK, Defender who man-marked Kendall Morrison all game

Lindsay Curtis, CPA

Micki Dye, CPA

Kara Wegner, CPA

Kendall Morrison, White House

Kate Carney, White House

Goalkeeper, Mollie Curtis, White House

Seventh and FINAL point: (for now)

My somewhat final A/AA Rankings, prior to finals being played....

1. CAK

2. White House

3. CPA

4. Notre Dame

5. CCS

Lol....had to do it, but I think that the CPA parents who stayed and cheered for CAK knew who they didn't want to play again...and if any of em have a problem with it, I know where there is a field with 2 goals and I have a ball...

BDP....OOOOOH RAAAAAH

DC out

Crow eating time...CPA wanted it more. Revised final A/AA rankings

1. CPA

2. CAK

3. White House

4. ND

5. CCS

However, I still know where the field with the 2 goals is and I just checked, I still have my ball.

Congrats CPA you are definitely the best private school playing in Div 1 in the state!

Crow eating time...CPA wanted it more. Revised final A/AA rankings

1. CPA

2. CAK

3. White House

4. ND

5. CCS

However, I still know where the field with the 2 goals is and I just checked, I still have my ball.

Congrats CPA you are definitely the best private school playing in Div 1 in the state!

roflolk.gif

Thank you , G

Well she has said for about a year and a half that she did not want to play after HS. Suddenly, she has decided now that she loves it too much to quit and is now furiously trying to make some contact with coaches. She is furious that she waited so long to do so and now is behind the eight ball.... Somehow this is all my fault....

Anyone know of a school in search of an intimidating, fearless keeper, with a big foot??

Contact Pat Johnston at Sewanee. As a former keeper, he has an appreciation. They are D3, though, so she will need to work with the administration on finding scholarship money.

Edited by ChattanoogaCannon

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, Do I have a lot to say.... So much that I am struggling to find my voice. LOL

First, I must admit the hospitality of the Chattanoogans was impressive. Champs, Cannon, and even Booger thanks for the dose of Ol' fashioned southern hospitality. The comments about our team have been nice to read.

Second, one thing that this weekend proved, White House, lived up to their hype... (hype provided by MCHS and Myself). As I have said WH has belonged on this stage for at least 2 years, probably 3. In 2010, they were upset in the regional semis by Lipscomb. Lipscomb was a team they had beaten in the regular season in a 1-0 match that wasn't really that close. The region semi was a nail biter all the way, but WH controlled that match as well, but just couldn't finish. In 2011, they were denied access, by CPA in that same regional semifinal. The fact that CPA was victim of a MAJOR upset in their district final by Hume Fogg was the only reason we were not here last year. WH had dominated Hume Fogg 4-1, tied CPA 1-1, and beat CPA 1-0 all in the regular season.

That leads me to my third point. These young ladies had one goal this season, History WILL NOT repeat itself. You are all soccer parents, so you know the level of effort it takes to succeed. So I am not going to dwell on the details, but they achieved their goal and much more. I am so proud of these young ladies! I can bet ya, nobody will ever underestimate WH again. Right, Irish fans?

Fourth point. (Yep still going) Last night was a tough one! Last one for my senior daughter! It had to end sometime, right? Well she said it all as far as I was concerned right after the game... "Dad, I am fine with it, I did ALL I could do. They were just better. NOT MUCH, but they were better." ........She never shed a tear. Words cannot express how proud I am of that young lady...

Fifth Point.....LOL... CAK is number one in the state for a reason, and tomorrow they will be crowned again. IMHO. Best team we have played this year. Maybe Brentwood was better, but we had 5 players out so I don't really know, and they are AAA.

Sixth Point... All A/AA tournament team from what I saw (didn't see Elizabethton or Sacred Heart) and no offense intended to anyone's kid.... This is what I saw...

Laura Champion, Notre Dame

Emma Higgins, Notre Dame

Laura Morse, CAK

Addy Cronan, CAK

#13, CAK, Defender who man-marked Kendall Morrison all game

Lindsay Curtis, CPA

Micki Dye, CPA

Kara Wegner, CPA

Kendall Morrison, White House

Kate Carney, White House

Goalkeeper, Mollie Curtis, White House

Seventh and FINAL point: (for now)

My somewhat final A/AA Rankings, prior to finals being played....

1. CAK

2. White House

3. CPA

4. Notre Dame

5. CCS

Lol....had to do it, but I think that the CPA parents who stayed and cheered for CAK knew who they didn't want to play again...and if any of em have a problem with it, I know where there is a field with 2 goals and I have a ball...

BDP....OOOOOH RAAAAAH

DC out

Seriously?? CPA #1 all the way....dude

• 1 year later...

The best A/AA public school in the state for 3 years running finally gets their shot. I believe we just put a beat down on the only other team that could make that claim tonight.

Personally, we will play whoever the TSSAA gods put in front of us...

This is how I rank it right now:

1. Notre Dame (seems to be playing their best right now)

2a. CAK (close scores in normally blowout games seem to indicate uncharacteristic vulnerability)

2b. CPA (always well coached and prepared)

4. White House (newcomers with a chip on their shoulder and only public with talent to un seat the private chokehold on A/AA.)

5. CCS

6. Elizabethton

7. Sacred Heart (tempting matchup w/ White House.... aka Sacred Heart of Jesus VERSUS the Devils)

8. Liberty (somebody has to be #8)

Thoughts??

could yall be dancing again??? :thumb: