11-AA

tigers90

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah... I'll still watch and comment on mcewen/class a basketball from time to time... but the talent level for McEwen, their region, and most single a across the state this year is down... that along with the fact that Waverly is having a great year thus far has me attending a few more games on the other end of the county... I enjoy watching teams from our area be competitive from a state perspective... that being said... I also watch a lot of high school basketball outside of our area... from Cosby to Craigmont...

Cheatham does what they had to do and comes out with a great win. Dropping 91 points!!!

I have a big issue with the officiating though, it was beyond ridiculous and calling a technical foul on a manager that is on the bench is absurd! Great win for cubs. Can't wait till they play again.

As a Camden fan in attendance I will say the officiating was fine. For a game in Waverly it was outstanding lol.If you were sitting right behind Cheathams bench like i was you wouldn't question that Tech it was well earned. i would tell you what was said if I wanted to break the zero tolerance policy. 21 is beastly athletic and kept Waverlys big gun pretty much silent all night and had some thunder dunks.Good game and well worth my 5 bucks

McEwen Alum, as Beagle said the technical on the Cheatham bench late was deserved. I am not an alum of either team but was in attendance. The manager may well have said something but I do not believe Mr. Ref heard anything because the ref that called it was on the opposite side of the court. What he SAW was when he called a foul on Cheatham the manager and a couple of other guys took a couple of steps out onto the court in protest, an absolute no no! I do not care who it is if they take a couple of steps out onto the court it will be a T every time.

As for PapaTiger, funny that you ask if McEwen is playing, they are, you can find this on Coacht.com, go to McEwen High School and check under Men's Basketball, then go to schedule, this may be a little confusing for ya, if you have trouble let me know. :)

I don't think he realizes you have a kid playing for Cheatham. You name doesn't really apply to your loyalty at this point.

I am pretty sure if a coach steps on the floor its tolerated when players /managers do it and I know what i heard that manger say it's going to be Teed up every time. The game at Cheatham should be a barn burner. I have seen waverly play a few times this year and that was the worst defensive effort I have seen out of them all season.Might be Cheatham made it look that way might have been a bad night.The refs weren't a factor IMHO and to be honest I would be the only one on the forums with out a dog in the race that was actually there.

Both very good Teams and the competition will be handy come Tourney time. I got to say i have only seen Cheatham once this year but I will give them the edge because of their length and #21 puts them over the top with his defense alone

Edited by Beagle

Cheatham beat Waverly + Chuck Arnold (District 11-AA's worst official) last night. Tonight the Cubs take on Montgomery Central on "Homecoming 2013". I can't wait until Waverly comes to Cheatham County in a couple of weeks. I hope their "gas station gang" shows up for the dunkfest that is in store for them.

Dude, you have been wearing me out on here about talking smack and laying down the truth. Both teams are good. Lets just quit these childhood remarks. I will grow up if you will.

Edited by BasketballNutty

It's completely obvious who everybody is a fan of on here, so coming from an unbiased fan of basketball, why don't we state facts here... cheatham county won by single digits as expected, the Saunders kid had a tough night, probably partially do to his matchup, Darden showed out, he's what makes cheatham one step ahead of Waverly in my opinion, Waverly is about one post player short, but also Darden pretty much held mullinax to a quiet night, #21 for Waverly kept them in the game ( with the exception of his poor free throw shooting) but Waverly was outmatched in size and ultimately it got them beat, I was also very impressed with #23 for CCHS he was good, not sure his name, both teams are top in the state and should be a great matchup all year long,also,I wanted to point out the people who question a teams style of play should stop hiding behind this account and step in a.coaches box then make those questions or those decisions,

It's completely obvious who everybody is a fan of on here, so coming from an unbiased fan of basketball, why don't we state facts here... cheatham county won by single digits as expected, the Saunders kid had a tough night, probably partially do to his matchup, Darden showed out, he's what makes cheatham one step ahead of Waverly in my opinion, Waverly is about one post player short, but also Darden pretty much held mullinax to a quiet night, #21 for Waverly kept them in the game ( with the exception of his poor free throw shooting) but Waverly was outmatched in size and ultimately it got them beat, I was also very impressed with #23 for CCHS he was good, not sure his name, both teams are top in the state and should be a great matchup all year long,also,I wanted to point out the people who question a teams style of play should stop hiding behind this account and step in a.coaches box then make those questions or those decisions,

#23 for Cheatham County is Thatcher Brinkley