11-AA

tigers90

Just left the Harpeth and Cheatham game. Not much of a game. 40-17 at half, Cheatham winning. Cheatham is loaded. This is the first time I've seem them play this year. I predicted Waverly to win district and I still think that' the case, because of their coach and Mulinax. Waverly can will handle the pressure and Cheatham will have to be able to run the floor the whole game against Waverly. Tonight Cheatham got winded in the middle of the 3rd. Against Harpeth it didn't matter, they are way more talented and by what I saw tonight Harpeth ws out coached as well.

Any way Cheatham Waverly will be the games to watch this year.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just left the Harpeth and Cheatham game. Not much of a game. 40-17 at half, Cheatham winning. Cheatham is loaded. This is the first time I've seem them play this year. I predicted Waverly to win district and I still think that' the case, because of their coach and Mulinax. Waverly can will handle the pressure and Cheatham will have to be able to run the floor the whole game against Waverly. Tonight Cheatham got winded in the middle of the 3rd. Against Harpeth it didn't matter, they are way more talented and by what I saw tonight Harpeth ws out coached as well.

Any way Cheatham Waverly will be the games to watch this year.

The majority of CoachT picked Camden to beat the Cubs in football this past season as well. I hope Waverly is the pick by everyone. I'm sure that the Cubs wouldn't have it any other way.

Next year will be a lot of fun when Harpeth, Sycamore, and Cheatham get back in the same district. It will make the county games of much more importance.

Now as far as your comments about Jamie Wilson are concerned I will say that he has been a very good high school basketball coach the last 11 years (now) at Harpeth. When you produce players like Goodwin, Erland, Dansby, Giltner, Curruthers, etc. at a Cheatham County School AND you consistently win 20+ games each year then you are a good basketball coach. I've known Coach Wilson longer than most but I will be the first to say that my personal feelings for the man aren't why I give him his due credit. The guy is a very good basketball coach.

It is no secret that I don't feel that way about every coach at Harpeth. This is especially true for those who take the chance to get on here and question the coaching decisions of other successful coaches.

Coach Wilson is a guy who has done more with less at Harpeth and I think that he'll someday be a state championship caliber coach because he has the knowledge and the work ethic. If you disagree with this then that's your belief but I would challenge you to ask the many people who have watched Jamie coach the last 11 years. The majority of them would have the same opinion as me I am sure.

Less than what?

He has coached and had success with teams that are in AA but aren't as talented as teams you may find in other places: Giles, Marshall, Spring Hill, Bolivar, Liberty, JSS, Metro/Nashville Schools, Memphis City Schools, etc. Jamie has been a great coach at Harpeth. I am on record as saying thay Jamie Wilson is to Harpeth's basketball program what Cody Finley has been to the Cubs football program. That is a consistent winner for the last decade plus! Each of those guys could have left for greener pastures a long time ago and they've both stuck it through and done great work.

Do you disagree?

Harpeth Middle has 5 TMSSAA sectional championships. I wouldn't say it's a more with less scenario in 11AA. Do I think 11AA is a weaker link historically when it comes to making it to state? Yeah. It has been and it's typically Waverly that breaks that mold once a generation but Harpeth is the only 11AA team to go to the substrate round in the last 12 years or so. For all the pomp and circumstance, it's a weaker basketball district compared to the 2 or 3 districts surrounding it when it comes post season time. Mostly that has to do with the DI talent that is available in the surrounding areas that, let's face it, is void in 11AA for the most part. If that's what you are saying, then I agree. Harpeth reaches their potential more often than not. If you are saying Jamie has done more with less compared to everyone else in the district, then I disagree. We don't put enough teams in state tournaments to claim otherwise.

Harpeth Middle has 5 TMSSAA sectional championships. I wouldn't say it's a more with less scenario in 11AA. Do I think 11AA is a weaker link historically when it comes to making it to state? Yeah. It has been and it's typically Waverly that breaks that mold once a generation but Harpeth is the only 11AA team to go to the substrate round in the last 12 years or so. For all the pomp and circumstance, it's a weaker basketball district compared to the 2 or 3 districts surrounding it when it comes post season time. Mostly that has to do with the DI talent that is available in the surrounding areas that, let's face it, is void in 11AA for the most part. If that's what you are saying, then I agree. Harpeth reaches their potential more often than not. If you are saying Jamie has done more with less compared to everyone else in the district, then I disagree. We don't put enough teams in state tournaments to claim otherwise.

My last post said teams from Class AA statewide (not District 11-AA). There is a major difference there. I thought I made that very clear.

Wilson has had some bad luck he lost a great post in the big kid at cchs and a great point guard at cwhs not counting his little brother cchs gained all the power getting darden Thomas to go with Saunders with those guys not there Saunders does not stand out like he does game in game out Wilson is a really good coach and knows a lot about the game

Wilson has had some bad luck he lost a great post in the big kid at cchs and a great point guard at cwhs not counting his little brother cchs gained all the power getting darden Thomas to go with Saunders with those guys not there Saunders does not stand out like he does game in game out Wilson is a really good coach and knows a lot about the game

Agreed 100%

The majority of CoachT picked Camden to beat the Cubs in football this past season as well. I hope Waverly is the pick by everyone. I'm sure that the Cubs wouldn't have it any other way.

Next year will be a lot of fun when Harpeth, Sycamore, and Cheatham get back in the same district. It will make the county games of much more importance.

Now as far as your comments about Jamie Wilson are concerned I will say that he has been a very good high school basketball coach the last 11 years (now) at Harpeth. When you produce players like Goodwin, Erland, Dansby, Giltner, Curruthers, etc. at a Cheatham County School AND you consistently win 20+ games each year then you are a good basketball coach. I've known Coach Wilson longer than most but I will be the first to say that my personal feelings for the man aren't why I give him his due credit. The guy is a very good basketball coach.

It is no secret that I don't feel that way about every coach at Harpeth. This is especially true for those who take the chance to get on here and question the coaching decisions of other successful coaches.

Coach Wilson is a guy who has done more with less at Harpeth and I think that he'll someday be a state championship caliber coach because he has the knowledge and the work ethic. If you disagree with this then that's your belief but I would challenge you to ask the many people who have watched Jamie coach the last 11 years. The majority of them would have the same opinion as me I am sure.

First of all, I never said Wilson wasn't a good coach. I said "he's not the best coach around" in one post and that he got out coached against Cheatham last Friday night in another post. But you self-answered the question how good he is "When you produce players like Goodwin, Erland, Dansby, Giltner, Curruthers, etc." And that being said, he could not get past the region with them. Other than the one year with Curruthers, when they got beat by an average DL team. And you left out Newton. He should be included as well. Look don't get me wrong, I am Harpeth and pull for them every game. Sometimes it's just frustating to watch his games.

And as far as predictions , dude ease up. I live in Cheatham, Harpeth is my team. But I pull for Sycamore and Cheatham when they are playing anyone other than Harpeth. I hope Cheatham beats Waverly. But I just think Waverly out scores Cheatham. Who really cares what we say on here. The games played on the court and we have noting to do with it. We can whine and cry on here all we want.....doesn't matter.

Edited by BasketballNutty

100% agree other than it being bad luck losing the kids.

Edited by BasketballNutty

My last post said teams from Class AA statewide (not District 11-AA). There is a major difference there. I thought I made that very clear.

Just looking for clarification. We are in agreement I think.

Harpeth's best teams ran up against the AA team that won state quite a few years. I.e. The Liberty Tech juggernaut, Giles Co with Tyler Smith and some good Bolivar teams with Chism and without. I thought the team the year before the substrate year underachiever and Trey Carruthers put the substrate team on his back and got every ounce out of that team. Harpeth graduated 7 the year before that played a ton of minutes. Harpeth had no business playing Lipscomb. They beat a really good Sycamore team with Dempsey and Staggs to get there.

All this to say that most kids come out of their Jamie Wilson experience as better men than they went in. Some might not I guess, but I think those are questions you ask a former player 5 or 6 years after their playing days. He's a good guy as far as I'm concerned. I don't think this is the proper forum to air any dirty laundry.