11-AA

tigers90

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheatham County jumped out to a 30-8 lead on Stewart County and then coasted the rest of the way to win by 11. It was a sloppy game with questionable officiating but in the end it's still a win and a 9-2 start on the young season (2-0 in district action).

It appears that the Cubs, Waverly, Creek Wood, Harpeth, and Camden will make for an excellent 5-TEAM race for the district title this season. Montgomery Central and Stewart County will struggle to win games in the district this season.

Cheatham County jumped out to a 30-8 lead on Stewart County and then coasted the rest of the way to win by 11. It was a sloppy game with questionable officiating but in the end it's still a win and a 9-2 start on the young season (2-0 in district action).

It appears that the Cubs, Waverly, Creek Wood, Harpeth, and Camden will make for an excellent 5-TEAM race for the district title this season. Montgomery Central and Stewart County will struggle to win games in the district this season.

struggle is putting it kindly. their only hope of winning a district game is because they get to play each other.

Camden has played two bad games in a row both district and IMHO its been on the defensive end of the floor.They better pick it up after the short break this week or they will only have 4 district wins themselves...Waverly wins tonight at Paris vs Obion county

The coach from Cheatham played a lot of players Friday night and actually only started one player that normally starts for them. Guys that usually don't play any minutes or just a few minutes a game played a ton the other night for the Cubs and a few of them even started. It was a cool thing to do and was probably pretty easy to do knowing they would never be in any danger to lose.

The coach from Cheatham played a lot of players Friday night and actually only started one player that normally starts for them. Guys that usually don't play any minutes or just a few minutes a game played a ton the other night for the Cubs and a few of them even started. It was a cool thing to do and was probably pretty easy to do knowing they would never be in any danger to lose.

Absolutely! The Cubs coaches are building depth that many didn't suspect they'd have at the start of the season. Ashton McGowan is a great example of this. When you start adding guys like that to a lineup that was already deep then you have a major contender. I even saw that the Cubs have a freshman player who had a 4x double the other night in the JV game. I think he could be a guy who adds even more depth to the Cubs lineup in the weeks to come.

The Cubs have a game with Franklin this week and then they'll take part in the "Watertown Christmas Classic" once again over the holiday break. They currently sit at 9-2 on the season and following these 4 games their schedule is District 11-AA heavy the rest of the way.

It's been an awesome first semester for athletics at Cheatham County Central High School and I hope it continues throughout the remainder of the school year. Go Cubs!

Cchs beat Franklin and looked very impressive the big kid Thomas plays very well on d fence and with out Harlin hitting free throws it could have been a lot different the rest of the team were struggling well ad conners to the list played very well also but for the most part they looked very good and will be hard to beat

Waverly DOES play Dickson again. They won @ Dickson last night and Etheridge played 1 minute in the second half due to fouls. Tyler Dell and Layne Spencer did a great job in his place holding Lewis under control and not letting him go off. Etheridge did a good job in the first half. Smith, Spencer and Mullinax all hit big shots at the end.