11-AA

tigers90

I was at every Cubs basketball game last year and have attended half of the games this year. I do not recall them losing to Harpeth twice. They beat Harpeth at home before Christmas Break, won at Harpeth in what was a great game, then lost to Harpeth in the district tourney. I'd say that Dawson's 42-9 (last 51 games) makes him the best coach in the district over the last 2 seasons. Over the last 2 years the Cubs are:

4-0 vs Camden

4-0 vs Stewart County

4-0 vs Montgomery Central

3-1 vs Harpeth

2-1 vs Waverly

2-1 vs Creek Wood

19-3 vs District 11-AA in the last 22 games is pretty impressive = FACT! They'll end this season with home games against Creek Wood, Harpeth, and Waverly before going to Camden in the season finale. They'll have a great shot at being 23-3 vs District 11 teams overall during that period of time.

Don't get mad because a Cheatham County Cubs Fan said that the Cubs have owned the District this year. Creek Wood has owned it in the past (both sports). Camden has had great success in football (some in basketball). Harpeth has had great success in basketball (some in football). Waverly has enjoyed success in basketball (very little in football). Stewart County has enjoyed success in football (very little in basketball). Montgomery Central even had one year where they were strong in football and another where they were strong in basketball (nearly beat Creek Wood in the district championship game).

Since September of 2011, Cheatham County's Football Team has gone 18-4 overall through 22 games played. Cheatham County's Basketball Team is 42-9 through overall through the last 2 seasons. Add it up and you'll see that CCCHS has been the strongest school on the boys side of the district for the better part of 2 years now. That, ladies and gentlemen, is a FACT!

Not to disput your FACT after all it is clearly true because you put in ALL CAPS. But you didn't mention Baseball I wonder why? Maybe because it doesn't fit your argument and that it would tip the scales in Camdens favor?

1 out right district title ,1 shared district title and 2 district tournament titles in Baseball for the Lions.That sir is a FACT you failed to mention. what is Cheathams baseball seasons look like the last 2 years or are we allowed to drop a sport to fit our arguments?

Maybe if camden was basketball town(were not even close) We might produce a better team but even for not being a basketball town we hold our own and don't embarrass ourselves or our community.

Edited by Beagle

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough of talking about other sports, this is a basketball forum.

So the District Tourney is held at Stewart County this year..... I feel bad for all schools who have to travel there. Not a fun drive. And poor places to eat. The gym is ok, I just don't think it's a good location.

Me either. I think that Cheatham County or Montgomery Central should host the District Tournament. Going to Stewart County and Waverly is just way too far and there's nothing close as far as restaurants are concerned.

Not to disput your FACT after all it is clearly true because you put in ALL CAPS. But you didn't mention Baseball I wonder why? Maybe because it doesn't fit your argument and that it would tip the scales in Camdens favor?

1 out right district title ,1 shared district title and 2 district tournament titles in Baseball for the Lions.That sir is a FACT you failed to mention. what is Cheathams baseball seasons look like the last 2 years or are we allowed to drop a sport to fit our arguments?

Maybe if camden was basketball town(were not even close) We might produce a better team but even for not being a basketball town we hold our own and don't embarrass ourselves or our community.

The Cubs just feel generous so they'll give you 1 since they own the other 2.

Me either. I think that Cheatham County or Montgomery Central should host the District Tournament. Going to Stewart County and Waverly is just way too far and there's nothing close as far as restaurants are concerned.

I think everyone would be ok to eat at a local diner or fastfood. Camden travels more than anyone it this district and it sucks no matter where the district is played besides Waverly.

No they did not, they won the regular season, not the tournament, Harpeth won the district championship last year

I'm sorry to burst your bubble Lion34 but the regular season district champion is the recognized district champion. The tournament champion is just for postseason region tournament seeding. The regular season champion is recognized as #1 at the postseason all-district banquet and gets to name their players to the all-district team first. That's the way it works! The postseason is a totally different thing.

Nice try though.....