11-AA

tigers90

Your right, but ultimately, what do teams strive for the district tournament championship, yes they won regular season and all district etc. But teams don't have they're main goal set to get the one seed, they strive to win the district championshiP

That part I will agree with you on. The Cubs didn't play well in either of their 11AA tourney games last year. They have "unfinished business" in their minds. The same holds true for the region tourney. The Cubs want to go to Murfreesboro this March. Anything less will send them into the off-season with an "empty" feeling.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cubs just feel generous so they'll give you 1 since they own the other 2.

Lions are 3-1 vs the cubs with 2 district titles and only 2 district losses in 4 years in football so i know who owns who in football .Baseball Cheatham County should just quit really and that being extremely generous . Basketball is definitely their sport Edited by Beagle

That part I will agree with you on. The Cubs didn't play well in either of their 11AA tourney games last year. They have "unfinished business" in their minds. The same holds true for the region tourney. The Cubs want to go to Murfreesboro this March. Anything less will send them into the off-season with an "empty" feeling.

I will wish them all the luck in the world. good team good coach and I really prefer the style of basketball they and Waverly play. #21 is a beast.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble Lion34 but the regular season district champion is the recognized district champion. The tournament champion is just for postseason region tournament seeding. The regular season champion is recognized as #1 at the postseason all-district banquet and gets to name their players to the all-district team first. That's the way it works! The postseason is a totally different thing.

Nice try though.....

Not correct at all. They give no hardware for regular season champion. None what so ever. If you win the tournament you are District Champion. Regular Season is for seeding purposes only. Tournament Time is the Real Season.

Not correct at all. They give no hardware for regular season champion. None what so ever. If you win the tournament you are District Champion. Regular Season is for seeding purposes only. Tournament Time is the Real Season.

Yes you are. When you win a District Championship during the regular season you do receive a plaque at the end of the year. Cheatham got one for basketball last year and got one for football this year. The end of the tournament only awards the tournament champion, all-tournament team, and regular season all district team (where again the champion gets the most players).

I am not going to dispute this with you because I already know I am correct. I know how the TSSAA works.

Does it really matter what any team has done in the past couple of years, there is still a lot of basketball to be played this season, with some big games to be played. As a Waverly fan, I am looking forward to seeing how everything pans out. Just want to make a comment about Waverly's game the other night at Harpeth, from as long as I can remember Waverly has always struggled playing in that gym, but Tuesday night was different, not because of the game but because of the fans of Harpeth and one player that made an impact on a young mans life. There is a young man from Waverly that was in a serious car accident a couple of months ago and for the first time in months was permitted to leave the hospital for a few hours to attend the Waverly-Harpeth game. The reception that he received from the Harpeth fans was truly amazing! The one player was Ethan Hurt of Harpeth, after he was introduced he made the gesture of going over to the young man in his wheel chair to acknowledge him with a fist bump and a little message to him, that's a high character young man. Harpeth and Coach Wilson should be very proud to have Ethan as a leader at their school. Kudos to the Harpeth fans and players!