BTW Basketball

Btw1993

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW should have won it all last year as far as talent is concerned...

Mitchell will be nasty, I repeat nasty, in Class A... They might look better than the Manassas teams from a few years back... They are dominant team year in and year out out of Memphis...

I do love that quote though...

And yeah, something is a little fishy with all the movement in Shelby County...

I do remember those Manassass teams. Mitchell will be a force to be delt with, especially if they get more TRANSFERS like the one they got for this season. That tranfer should hurt BTW somewhat this year.

And it smells more like a sewer than a little fishy when it comes to dealing with what routinely goes on in the Memphis schools.

Actually when we lose one from mitchell and gain a heck of player last year from westwood he played point guard last year against TCA and he real junk yard dog.

And both transfers were because of legitimate changes of address and had nothing to do with transferring for athletic reasons I assume? (Sarcasm intended)

The kids from Westwood move in Btw area and the kid that transfer btw to Mitchell kid coach him in middle school was told got transfer because of incident happen between a kid but some fishy wit that. His dad wanted him to play for his middle school coach. But I heard that kid left on safety transfer but don't have legitimate address.

1st the kid from Westwood never lived in Westwoods district, he has always lived in BTW's district since middle school, where he attended Vance Middle which is BTW's feeder school.

The Coaches Grandson was at BTW for one reason only and that was to play for his Grandfather and he did and probably would have continued if there wasn't an incident within the school.

I am 100% South Memphis and bleed GREEN & GOLD but I also know that Horton ain't developing no talent. After 30+ years he is just coaching. We get a STUD every 4yrs and we ride that STUD until another one comes.

Don't get me wrong Horton does wonders with those kids but taking a kid thats in the 9th grade that can't play and building him up it ain't going to happen.

BTW BASKETBALL is organized KAOS and it works!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

@ReitzFan not saying all transfers in the Memphis area are on the up & up, but the zoning in Memphis is like no other in the state. Example..my kids go to a Memphis City School but on the next street over less than a half mile from me the kids are assigned to a totally different school district. Here u can darn near move across the street and be assigned to another school.

I'm 100% South Memphis as well. We need to stop complaining about what is going on if we aren't present when transfers occur. Furthermore, there are occasions where information given on these threads are second hand knowledge at best. In my opinion, the coaches at the single A (East) level are better coaches than the coaches at single A (West). The West has more talent year in and year out but they get out coached almost every year in the state tournament.

Edited by Icy

I'm 100% South Memphis as well. We need to stop complaining about what is going on if we aren't present when transfers occur. Furthermore, there are occasions where information given on these threads are second hand knowledge at best. In my opinion, the coaches at the single A (East) level are better coaches than the coaches at single A (West). The West has more talent year in and year out but they get out coached almost every year in the state tournament.

Did you see the TCA kids?If by west you mean Memphis,well I'll agree...if you think any coach from the east would've taken TCA further than Northcutt you've been on the train to Hootersville too long.No offense to the Trinity kids(they play to 100% of their natural talent level)but give Northcutt BTW's athletes fom last season and he blows out eveybody at Murfreesboro.The rural western division teams achieve because of coaching,not in spite of it.An earlier post stated that Horton never developed talent,just waited for the "next" Newby to transfer in...he'd never make it in rural West Tn.Just for the record I'm not a Trinity homer,but I appreciate the "mechanics" of great basketball.