Dickson County - #1 Seed - Quad 3 - What a Joke!

lbhiii

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What DC played 3 teams with a winning record this year ; and lost of if them

They play almost all 5a teams- 2 cupcake not district games - so yeah they don't deserve it

Again ... an opinion on what some team deserves or doesn't deserve.

Any of you guys complaining have a solution that you would like to put before our eyes to discuss? Or do you just want to complain?

Yep. But Dickson has a chance to prove their worth. As does every other team. I don't hate our playoff system whatsoever. I'd like to see head to head incorporated as the first tiebreaker though and then go to the other categories.

Well, head to head would seem even worse if two teams had identical district records, yet the team with the head to head tie break advantage had a worse overall record ... even a losing overall record. Because the head to head tie-breaker would decide the seed. It may even eliminate a worthwhile team from making it into the play-offs. Now that would really be bad.

But I do agree that Dickson County will get a chance to prove their worth.

Edited by kwc

I don't think it matters if you're a 1 or an 8 seed...if you're the best team in the state, you should win. Period. Teams spend way too much time worrying about it when they should just be playing the game.

I agree in principle. But ... it helps when your seeding allows you to play at home.

I agree in principle. But ... it helps when your seeding allows you to play at home.

I agree. It does help, but I don't think there should be such a fuss over the seeding when it can't be changed (like this thread). You have the seeding you were given, so just go line up and play.

Edited by powellphoto

I agree. It does help, but I don't think there should be such a fuss over the top 2 seeds (like this thread). Unless you're a 1 seed you are most likely gonna be on the rd at some point anyway (late playoffs-if you make it) Come playoff time, it's like a new season...just line up and play.

The longer you can prolong the travel the better. The best situation is to host throughout the play-offs and travel to the championship game. I really like the alternate semi-final hosting format that the TSSAA uses. Even Quad one year ... odd Quad the next. If all four semi-finalist are 14-0 then there is no bickering as to who has the home field that year. Last year Whitehaven traveled to Mt. Juliet to play the semi-final game because both were undefeated and the odd Quad was the host team. No arguing, no fussing ... line up and play! I like that. I also enjoyed the whole experience.

So in the end you still have to win to advance. Doing it at home is the best experience possible. However, it is post season play and I KNOW that these young men don't care if they have to play on the moon. line'm up and let's do this! Your field, my field, the corn filed ... let's play ball!

Again ... an opinion on what some team deserves or doesn't deserve.

Any of you guys complaining have a solution that you would like to put before our eyes to discuss? Or do you just want to complain?

No the DC played only 3 teams with a winning record and you lost of of those games...

No you play almost all 5a schools

Sorry that is not an opinion that is FACT!

Sure you have to beat them all to play for the gold ball but any team would like that 1 seed to play a cupcake game in round 1

No worries DC is a muted point and fun one , but as Brentwood and WC do battle - MJ and Indy do battle , have fun with lil sisters of the poor HS because round 2 you go home - and yes I'm sorry to say myself and many many others will say when you lose in rd 2 you are " one and done"

The longer you can prolong the travel the better. The best situation is to host throughout the play-offs and travel to the championship game. I really like the alternate semi-final hosting format that the TSSAA uses. Even Quad one year ... odd Quad the next. If all four semi-finalist are 14-0 then there is no bickering as to who has the home field that year. Last year Whitehaven traveled to Mt. Juliet to play the semi-final game because both were undefeated and the odd Quad was the host team. No arguing, no fussing ... line up and play! I like that. I also enjoyed the whole experience.

So in the end you still have to win to advance. Doing it at home is the best experience possible. However, it is post season play and I KNOW that these young men don't care if they have to play on the moon. line'm up and let's do this! Your field, my field, the corn filed ... let's play ball!

You are right on KWC. It is best if you can pro long the travel as long as possible. DC did not seed themselves. They were given that seed by the TSSAA. As it is set up ( not that I agree ) they are the #1 seed. They have had a good year and I congradulate them on a great season.

I also like how TSSAA handle the semi finals if each team is undefeated. With a little bit of luck and a lot of skill; hopefully Mt Juliet will be going to Whitehaven.

Do you see anyone that can give Whitehaven a challenge in quad 4 ? They are a good team !

You are right on KWC. It is best if you can pro long the travel as long as possible. DC did not seed themselves. They were given that seed by the TSSAA. As it is set up ( not that I agree ) they are the #1 seed. They have had a good year and I congradulate them on a great season.

I also like how TSSAA handle the semi finals if each team is undefeated. With a little bit of luck and a lot of skill; hopefully Mt Juliet will be going to Whitehaven.

Do you see anyone that can give Whitehaven a challenge in quad 4 ? They are a good team !

To meet the state of Illinois has a great way of picking / pairing for the playoffs...

I also like that in Rd 1 they give the higher seed home field, then RD2 they give it to the last team to host a playoff game- so example DC wins and Indy beats MJ at MJ, Indy hosts DC in round 2-

If both teams are last to host a playoff the team with highest ranking in state hosts the game ...