McKenzie Rebels 2013

foxtrot16

Your Not Gonna Come Up With A Plan That Suits Everybody...Like Huntingdon Wishing For Champ And Runner Up..Sounds Good To Them...Of Course It Would...But Let Them Be 3rd In The District And They'd Not Be So In Favor...And Would Cheat Teams Like The Bulldogs That Have Never Really Been That Good Until Lately...So No System Is A Remedy For A Cure..But I Say Make A System And Stick With It...Dang All This Changing...

Your Not Gonna Come Up With A Plan That Suits Everybody...Like Huntingdon Wishing For Champ And Runner Up..Sounds Good To Them...Of Course It Would...But Let Them Be 3rd In The District And They'd Not Be So In Favor...And Would Cheat Teams Like The Bulldogs That Have Never Really Been That Good Until Lately...So No System Is A Remedy For A Cure..But I Say Make A System And Stick With It...Dang All This Changing...

I dont think 1a and 2a should be in the same district because of that reason though.  Then if huntingdon aint 2nd or 3rd no playoffs for huntingdon.  If you do good enough you still get a bowl game if you do good not that big a deal.  They need to fix it to where privates and public are different, like u said no perfect way to do it thats why they keep changing it but this z plan still needs to go.

I dont think 1a and 2a should be in the same district because of that reason though.  Then if huntingdon aint 2nd or 3rd no playoffs for huntingdon.  If you do good enough you still get a bowl game if you do good not that big a deal.  They need to fix it to where privates and public are different, like u said no perfect way to do it thats why they keep changing it but this z plan still needs to go.

Agreed...Split The Publics And Privates...

Looks like we both up late Kermit!!! LOL  True that McKenzie needs to win next Friday and hopefully we can do that. But truth is we just plain need to get better again. Crap, who knows...we may have an undefeated team not make the playoffs sometime the way this mess works out?????? I almost hate to say it but it seems like it's all designed to get west TN out of the way ASAP. I tremendously hate to say it also that west TN hasn't done much recently to change that thinking. Sure, a couple of privates have won gold and a couple of west enders have given a decent accounting of themselves but...............! But still we (west enders)want a chance to be in the hunt none the less.

In '07 when the Rebels made their run to the 'Boro to meet South Pittsburg it was an awesome ride. You know how it feels. LOL two minutes after that game started I was trying to find

Toto and get the heck out of there 'cause we sure weren't in Kansas any more!!! But I wouldn't trade anything for making it that far. To a fault, I go by the school at least once a year just to check on our Silver Ball. Glad we didn't have a "Z" plan then even though we likely would have made it anyway????

In summation, 5-5 shouldn't make the hunt normally no matter where they are from either. I  guess some will say that is harsh but...........come on....really? On the other hand the gate is usually good even if only one week or two.

What kind of mess is this?  That game was played in Murfreesboro, not Kansas.  I was at that game with a friend with my hot cocoa and Murphy Fair book.  You think im joking but im not.

What kind of mess is this?  That game was played in Murfreesboro, not Kansas.  I was at that game with a friend with my hot cocoa and Murphy Fair book.  You think im joking but im not.

Roy I know this is the mckenzie thread, but come and give a prediction over our district championship tween Dresden and Huntingdon and why, just wondering your thoughts since you're a big poster on here as well.  I miss state being in Murfreesboro and Vanderbilt as well.  Cookeville to long a drive for us west tennesseeians unless your team is there already.  At least there is internet streams and pbs

That's pretty much what I said RD. Guess you never watched the Wizard of Oz apparently. It's OK, they have meds for your deal though. Snap you right back into the regular world....no problem.

• Upvote 1

Roy I know this is the mckenzie thread, but come and give a prediction over our district championship tween Dresden and Huntingdon and why, just wondering your thoughts since you're a big poster on here as well.  I miss state being in Murfreesboro and Vanderbilt as well.  Cookeville to long a drive for us west tennesseeians unless your team is there already.  At least there is internet streams and pbs

I can't wait to read his response!!! LOL

• Upvote 1

I can't wait to read his response!!! LOL

Kermit, horse and any others who have been reading our musings about the playoff system. After much thought and figuring (and a little hooch for tempering) I've got a fair plan in my mind (what's left of it!) Go back to a classification system like our first one only instead of only 3 classes have either 5 or 6. Many states around us use a 5 or 6 A system and I never hear any fussing about them. That way keeps schools more of a like size classed together and simply clears up the whole process. That way, you play all district games against teams that all would go into the same playoff brackets. Schedule whoever you want for non district games. It MIGHT cause a little more travel for some of the larger classes but they usually have to travel more anyway on the west end. Ask Henry Co.! Just my $.02 worth. But it will work better by far than the mess we have now.

Why on earth should McKenzie's fate of going to the playoffs depend on the outcome of 3 teams games Friday in MIDDLE TENNESSEE?????????????? (I still don't think 5-5 should get in but that don't make sense to me!)

• Upvote 1

Kermit, horse and any others who have been reading our musings about the playoff system. After much thought and figuring (and a little hooch for tempering) I've got a fair plan in my mind (what's left of it!) Go back to a classification system like our first one only instead of only 3 classes have either 5 or 6. Many states around us use a 5 or 6 A system and I never hear any fussing about them. That way keeps schools more of a like size classed together and simply clears up the whole process. That way, you play all district games against teams that all would go into the same playoff brackets. Schedule whoever you want for non district games. It MIGHT cause a little more travel for some of the larger classes but they usually have to travel more anyway on the west end. Ask Henry Co.! Just my $.02 worth. But it will work better by far than the mess we have now.

Why on earth should McKenzie's fate of going to the playoffs depend on the outcome of 3 teams games Friday in MIDDLE TENNESSEE?????????????? (I still don't think 5-5 should get in but that don't make sense to me!)

5 classes would work. They said the z plan would cut travel but I haven't seen where it has. May have caused more.