District 13AA How will it play out?

gohornets

I know all about the guys in this district, but what about the girls? I know everything about sgc's girls, after that..nothing. Soo anyone care to give some predictions for how this district will play out??

Also how do you think these teams will finish in the district?

Milan

Ripley

Obion County

Haywood County

Dyersburg

Crockett County

Covington

Westview

South Gibson

Gibson County

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my opinion:

1) Westview - Returning everything from last year. They are going to be pretty good this year and should win this district and could make a run in Murfreesboro.

2) Obion Co. - They lost Macy Wright, but return Goodman and guards that will be good enough around her to make them a tough team to beat.

3) Covington - They lost Iesha Caruthers, but have some stud players at the guard positions. Very well coached as well.

4) Dyersburg - Lost KayKay Tate and some others, but had several young players step up last year and get some quality playing time.

5) Gibson Co.

6) Ripley

7) South Gibson

8) Haywood Co.

9) Milan

10) Crockett Co.- Give Dudley some time and they'll be competitive in a few years!

Westview could have a leg up just based on the fact that they return everyone and some talent that is returning as well. Covington has both Precious girls and have been well coached the past couple of seasons- made the sectionals last season and should be hungry to get back. As for OC- the Lady Rebs- return Univ.of Memphis commitment in Post Brandi Goodman and also starters Ali McEwen and Shannon Wiggins-- they will be challenged at the guard spot with the graduation of 1,700 plus points in her career in Macy Wright and also will have to replace some of the departures from the team at the guard position who no longer are playing. It may not be until January until we see what team that OCCHS will have- Gibson co. has a new coach and it'll be interesting how the Lady Pioneers will come out in what will be the last year they play in this competitive distirct. D'burg is always athletic and well coached but , like OC, they will be challenged at the guard spots. South Gibson, Milan, Ripley and Haywood- remain a mystery. Crockett will improve- but still young.

Westview could have a leg up just based on the fact that they return everyone and some talent that is returning as well. Covington has both Precious girls and have been well coached the past couple of seasons- made the sectionals last season and should be hungry to get back. As for OC- the Lady Rebs- return Univ.of Memphis commitment in Post Brandi Goodman and also starters Ali McEwen and Shannon Wiggins-- they will be challenged at the guard spot with the graduation of 1,700 plus points in her career in Macy Wright and also will have to replace some of the departures from the team at the guard position who no longer are playing. It may not be until January until we see what team that OCCHS will have- Gibson co. has a new coach and it'll be interesting how the Lady Pioneers will come out in what will be the last year they play in this competitive distirct. D'burg is always athletic and well coached but , like OC, they will be challenged at the guard spots. South Gibson, Milan, Ripley and Haywood- remain a mystery. Crockett will improve- but still young.

Redbird fan, if you don't mind saying what guards have left the team and are no longer playing for the lady rebels. If you can't reply I understand. I knew the Wright girl graduated.

Good assessment redbird.... You guys and westview could split during the season and the tournament games could just go to whoever plays better on that night. OC returns some good guards to go with Goodman, the only question will be who will replace Macy at the point. As for Westview, I'm hearing the Vincent has gotten alot better over the summer and the whole team from last year is back. Should be a very competitive district among the top 4 teams.

tfb35- the Jennings girl left the team at the end of the school year last May. She started a lot along with Macy in the backcourt. It will be a big obstacle for the Lady Rebels this season with an experienced front court coming back but they have some young talent coming up- they just lack some experience and one may not see the full effect of what this team can be until January.

The Overall team experience factor in this district still favors Westview- but again- you don't play games on paper. So, as always, it comes down to who executes the best.

Redbird fan, if you don't mind saying what guards have left the team and are no longer playing for the lady rebels. If you can't reply I understand. I knew the Wright girl graduated.

tfb35- the Jennings girl left the team at the end of the school year last May. She started a lot along with Macy in the backcourt. It will be a big obstacle for the Lady Rebels this season with an experienced front court coming back but they have some young talent coming up- they just lack some experience and one may not see the full effect of what this team can be until January.

The Overall team experience factor in this district still favors Westview- but again- you don't play games on paper. So, as always, it comes down to who executes the best.

Thanks for the info. I assume the Hicks girl is still playing. The lady rebels had a fine team last year and should be a solid contender this year as well. I do agree that Westview will be tough along with Covington.

SGC girls were sloppy in the win against hunington. Looked like they were still trying to figure out the zone press that coach volbert is putting in place. They gave up tons of layups but forced lots of turnovers. Also shot the ball early and often on offense, but they scored 70 pts so im not complaining.. This Hornet team is VERY young. one senior is hurt leaving them with 3, and one of the remaining 3 hasnt played since she was a freshmen due to two consecutive acl tares, and they have 0 juniors. So basicly theyre playing with 2 players with 2 or more years of experiance. They have 4 sophmores, theyre all pretty good player, and something like 12-15 freshmen! There are a ton of talented freshmen on this team and a lot of them see signifigant minutes. Lots of young talent and a new coach. Destiny Donald, a senior, scored 29 the other night. she led the team in scoring last year and looks to do the same this season. A key for the hornets is gonna be finding someone to handle the ball. They didnt really have anyone that could take care of the basketball when i watched the other night. Probably due to having such little experiance on the squad.

I predict this team will hang with some teams they have no business hanging with, and will lose to some teams that they have no business losing to. One things for sure, with their style of play, there games will always be fun to watch.