Macon Co. Tigers

Ole3putt

No a few good years doesn't, but when you go back years and years and even when DC wasn't good Macon was one of the few wins. Macon historically has lost to SC and DC in non district play, so coming to this district won't change anything. We all know LA's story. So once again I'll say, Upperman and Cannon are the only good thing for Macon with this move.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give SC credit they have beaten Macon frequently for several years, but putting Dekalb in that same argument is absurd. Macon is 7-5 against Dekalb since 2001 (coacht schedules) and lost one of those game on the last play of the game. I will say it is a good matchup between Macon and Dekalb, but trust me the Tigers would much rather be in 8AA year in and year out. We will not win the district every year or anything like that, but we will match up much better with the athletes in 8AA. Posty is absolutely correct with his statement and Coach Harris would have killed to go into District 8AA also.

No a few good years doesn't, but when you go back years and years and even when DC wasn't good Macon was one of the few wins. Macon historically has lost to SC and DC in non district play, so coming to this district won't change anything. We all know LA's story. So once again I'll say, Upperman and Cannon are the only good thing for Macon with this move.

No one is saying Macon won't have it easier in 8aa, but I don't think they will be able to come in and be competetive with the top teams from the get go. It takes years to build a solid program, yes Dekalb has strung together a few good seasons but I think I can speak for all of Dekalb County and say we are not where we want to be yet. We want to consider 8 or 9 wins a average season like Smith Co because they do. The building blocks are in place for Dekalb and im pretty sure the rest of the district would agree, it can be done at Macon Co too with the right coaches and would make the district that much better with a good Macon team. Six years ago no one would of thought Dekalb would be where they are at now but hard work will get you there. This district needs good tough teams in DC,SC,LA,York, and Macon, it will make every team as a whole better come playoff time.