Round 2; Oak Ridge @ Maryville

tnchad1980

I just found out the referee crew will be from knoxville for this one. I hope they are better than the knoxville crew we had at Blankenship last Friday. It's rare that a fan complains about not enough penalty flags thrown. But these guys wouldn't call anything. They missed some very obvious calls on both sides, at least they were consistent.

I just found out the referee crew will be from knoxville for this one. I hope they are better than the knoxville crew we had at Blankenship last Friday. It's rare that a fan complains about not enough penalty flags thrown. But these guys wouldn't call anything. They missed some very obvious calls on both sides, at least they were consistent.

They shoulda threw a flag on them skinny jeans you were wearing Friday night, if anything.

Edited by SweetScience

I guess if you had went through what we did the last decade hearing about the Big boys , you would want to play the highest level no matter what .

The horror!

And of course, Maryville didn't actually choose during that decade to move up to play in the highest classification until the numbers mandated that. Just sayin' not hatin'....

The horror!

And of course, Maryville didn't actually choose during that decade to move up to play in the highest classification until the numbers mandated that. Just sayin' not hatin'....

Looks like OR is moving down because of the numbers. See any correlation? Just saying not hatin...

Looks like OR is moving down because of the numbers. See any correlation? Just saying not hatin...

Ummm, your point? You can choose to play up. Hence, all that gross injustice and suffering you Rebels were forced to endure for lo those many years could have been easily remedied. On the other hand, you can't choose to play down. So no, without more I don't see the correlation.

So are you that ashamed of your team that you can't own up to it ? ???

I just said that I'm not particularly a Powell fan. I'm a high school football fan with a particular affinity for District 3AAA. Not ashamed of any team, however. That's not to say I don't like the Panthers. Au contraire, I rooted for them to win state last year. And indeed, I like Maryville too. I tend to think I'll be smacking the Blackhaven Senator around quite soon, which means at the very least that I foresee a Maryville win against OR. It's just that you (and I mean specifically, you, Pepvol) wear that V for victim so prominently on your forehead I just can't help myself sometimes. But I still enjoy your posts and lurking on the Maryville threads all year long.

Edited by Moronicus

Gee , maybe we should give you a Lurker award , since you're so proud of it . I'm not a victim there moron.icus ... Unless I'm a victim of having to buy a new state championship shirt about every year ... Maybe you can pass a hat around for me since I'm being so victimized by my football team winning so much .

Edited by pepvol