Round 2; Oak Ridge @ Maryville

tnchad1980

Glad to see you FBEmeritus , you should post more !! Sweet , I for one wish that Oak Ridge would not move down to 5A , I waited a long time for this rivalry and I'd hate to see it change again after just 4 years . Yes I know we could still play each other but it won't be the same . I like the same thing about Oak Ridge as rebelron said , how they'll hit you for 4 qtrs , plus you guys have had some players that remind me of some of our guys like normand and zullinger . Have you guys got a more pure Qb coming up in your system that you know about ?

I know, Pep. I kinda wish we wouldn't move down, either. But, it's all about the kids for me. I just don't think it's fair for them to have to play larger schools. Sometimes way larger (Riverdale's etc) So, for that matter, i agree with the move down. It would be kinda selfish of me as a fan to want them to stay up and have to sometimes play those much larger schools. But, it's a tough quandry to be in. Being an OR fan and how we have always through the years had some really great teams and the tradition we have as a whole, it's kinda sad for me to see us move down. Is what it is, though. Maryville fans no as well as anybody know how it is to be talked down upon just for the simple reason that you played in 4A for awhile. To me, a good team is a good team, regardless of class. Alcoa can vouch for that over the years. But, regarding your question. Supposedly we had a transfer move in from Texas, whom i have heard is regarded as a D-1 prospect at the QB position, but he couldn't play this past year based on eligibility issues. I'm not really in the know too much about it all, but maybe their is another OR fan on here who can elaborate more on the subject. I love Rian and Bradley the past few years. They have more heart and determination then most of your typical HS QB's, but it would be nice to have a awesome pro-style QB come up sometime. The last great one @ OR was Jerry Colquitt and as a Vol fan, i'm sure you remember him. Had a sad ending to his career @ UT. The birth of the Peyton Manning years were started because of his knee injury against UCLA in 1994, if i'm not mistaken?

Yes that was awful about Jerry Colquitt , I remember it very well . I really hated it for him because he had worked hard , had become the Starter finally after waiting for his turn and then right away .... Bam , done .

A transfer from Texas D1 QB ????? Dang who is cutting in on Starz there ?? Bladerunner start a garbage service there ??? I guess we'll cut Starz a little slack , he is a busy man trying to keep momma'Starz's belly full .... Lol

Well there may be much larger schools than Maryville and Oak Ridge out there , but Maryville and Oak Ridge are proving we can play with the bigger schools . Oak Ridge has still been a top 10 team the last few years . I guess if you had went through what we did the last decade hearing about the Big boys , you would want to play the highest level no matter what . Even if Maryville was to lose students I would never want to go down again , and I think the majority of the Maryville fans feel this same way . I wish you guys good luck in whatever happens and my guess is you guys might win a few 5a Gold balls then come back up after you get tired of hearing the crap that will be thrown your way if it does happen .... Lol

I know, Pep. I kinda wish we wouldn't move down, either. But, it's all about the kids for me. I just don't think it's fair for them to have to play larger schools. Sometimes way larger (Riverdale's etc) So, for that matter, i agree with the move down. It would be kinda selfish of me as a fan to want them to stay up and have to sometimes play those much larger schools. But, it's a tough quandry to be in. Being an OR fan and how we have always through the years had some really great teams and the tradition we have as a whole, it's kinda sad for me to see us move down. Is what it is, though. Maryville fans no as well as anybody know how it is to be talked down upon just for the simple reason that you played in 4A for awhile. To me, a good team is a good team, regardless of class. Alcoa can vouch for that over the years. But, regarding your question. Supposedly we had a transfer move in from Texas, whom i have heard is regarded as a D-1 prospect at the QB position, but he couldn't play this past year based on eligibility issues. I'm not really in the know too much about it all, but maybe their is another OR fan on here who can elaborate more on the subject. I love Rian and Bradley the past few years. They have more heart and determination then most of your typical HS QB's, but it would be nice to have a awesome pro-style QB come up sometime. The last great one @ OR was Jerry Colquitt and as a Vol fan, i'm sure you remember him. Had a sad ending to his career @ UT. The birth of the Peyton Manning years were started because of his knee injury against UCLA in 1994, if i'm not mistaken?

SS, you guys have some good looking athletes coming up. My son played against Robertsville, and they beat Robertsville, but when Robertsville took the field, everyone was kind of looking around thinking they had sent a high school team over here to play us. They were big and had some good looking athletes, I felt like if they would have had better coaching, they could have been the top one or two teams that we played. When these kids get to Coach Blade, he will coach them up and make them a lot more disciplined than they were. If Jefferson is sending up a decent class as well, you guys willl be fine to stay in 6A, and if you do move down to 5A, I can see you all competing for a championship there in the next two or three years.

SS, you guys have some good looking athletes coming up. My son played against Robertsville, and they beat Robertsville, but when Robertsville took the field, everyone was kind of looking around thinking they had sent a high school team over here to play us. They were big and had some good looking athletes, I felt like if they would have had better coaching, they could have been the top one or two teams that we played. When these kids get to Coach Blade, he will coach them up and make them a lot more disciplined than they were. If Jefferson is sending up a decent class as well, you guys willl be fine to stay in 6A, and if you do move down to 5A, I can see you all competing for a championship there in the next two or three years.

Really? That's good to hear, Jake. Who does your son play for? I think that is a major problem in the OR feeder programs, coaching. Supposedly Jefferson has some good athletes, too so that is good to hear. Now the main thing is keeping them guys playing football. We all know how that goes when you get to high school. You get a car, girls, all kinds of different things change your approach to life. Hopefully Blade can keep those guys around playing football. I have a lot of faith in Blade as a coach and our staff. They are one of the top 5 around Tennessee, i think.

Really? That's good to hear, Jake. Who does your son play for? I think that is a major problem in the OR feeder programs, coaching. Supposedly Jefferson has some good athletes, too so that is good to hear. Now the main thing is keeping them guys playing football. We all know how that goes when you get to high school. You get a car, girls, all kinds of different things change your approach to life. Hopefully Blade can keep those guys around playing football. I have a lot of faith in Blade as a coach and our staff. They are one of the top 5 around Tennessee, i think.

I had heard that Jefferson had a lot of good players, also. Robertsville played well to start, and then after falling behind, you could see them let up some, but the athletic ability was there, and they were huge up front. Coach Blade will coach them up, make them more disciplined, and along with the ones coming from Jefferson, you will be fine for a while. My son played for Carpenters Middle this year.

I had heard that Jefferson had a lot of good players, also. Robertsville played well to start, and then after falling behind, you could see them let up some, but the athletic ability was there, and they were huge up front. Coach Blade will coach them up, make them more disciplined, and along with the ones coming from Jefferson, you will be fine for a while. My son played for Carpenters Middle this year.

Carpenters middle? Where is that at? NVM, it's in Maryville. Where do those guys go to HS at?

Edited by SweetScience