DeKalb Co @ LA, ROUND 2 OF PLAYOFFS (Rematch)

Stealer007

I took my son last night and watched this game... first half was great mistakes made on both sides espcially the 4th and 50 and livingston player gets called for roughing the kicker... second half b-rock took over and dominated.and dekalb could never get the necessary stop to be able to switch the momentum back .. good year for deklab... good luck to livingston against fulton... b-rock was by far the best player in this game and have thought that he has progressed extremelly well over the last 6 years i have seem him play.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please just on dekalb fan admitt they underestimated Mcoins arm. I mean he completed a perfectly weighted lob pass to the tigh end for a TD, then a fourty yard pass perfectly on the money in the corner of the end zone to mark. Also had several slant and hook rought completions where he had to eye off some safety's. very good job passing tonight from Brock. LIke i said, he has the arm, he just doesn't have to show it much. CAN'T WAIT FOR FULTON!!!!

They probably will not admit it. Phillips is a special kid, no doubt a good athlete, but i do think a lot his success is the style of play Dekalb plays where as McCoin is in a run offense and as you and I have said he doesn't have to throw. But I think he showed last night he was not only better running, but throwing as well.

He is a sr. Word I got is Morgan "The Sheriff of" Mayberry is playing!

And so is Brock "drink my Hog-Eye flavored McKool-Aid" McCoin, Creed "Make it Happen" Hayes, Ronnie "the Pain Train" Linder, Mark Winningham "True Value Hardware", Tyler "Brothers In" Barnes, Lukas "The Running Man" Reagan, Jordan "The" Thrasher, Cole "My name is not Elvis" Presley, Hunter "not the Old Man" McDonald,

And Joey Creek"BOMB", Jordan "the Macho Man" Savage, Wade "i will ring your BELL"dridge, Josh "I dont dodge it but" Blodgett, Peter "hey BIG MAN, let me hold the dollar" Hollars, Eli "the Leg" Sadler, Robert "E LEE" Bryant, Dakota "Cant Be Stopped" Cantrell.

We will definately miss Corey "HamBone" Hamilton.

GO HOG-EYE!!

They better be good to make up for those lame nick names you just gave them.

I think they are pretty good! What you think?

Actually the term came from old blues songs as a slang for these urban legend definitions you wish to cite. That song in your article that referenced hog eye was almost certainly referencing the underlying meaning you do NOT intend. Maybe you guys don't know your history after all. Again, keep the pride but do some research. As for the area being called that it likely came from a second definition regarding a low lying place (type of topography). I am sure that was the original intent (excluding your song reference). Very innocent way it came about but maybe it does not hold the same meaning with regard to a person as you may think. Again, call your quarterback whatever you want. I just think it is offensive to the young man.

Actually the term was around long before the "blues". Maybe you should do your research first and not speculate the typography, the original intent or that I would even dare entertain the thought of degrading our fine qb!

Ok I'm one of the biggest LA fans there is but running the score up and some of the fans acting dumb is not right. Congrads on a great season DC look forward to playing y'all next year

It was one your fans that called you guys out about running up the score.... even said that you were acting dumb. Refs let it get out of hand IMO congratulations LA on round 3. You have your hands full.

It was one your fans that called you guys out about running up the score.... even said that you were acting dumb. Refs let it get out of hand IMO congratulations LA on round 3. You have your hands full.

Dont let one of LA's fans say what you were thinking only to underhandedly use it because you couldnt say it yourself. It was up to your defense to stop LA and couldn't do it. Dekalb's offense is explosive, not necessarily of my admission, but Dekalb has said it was explosive all year.

LA will have its hands full, but this is the playoffs and it doesnt get easier.

GO HOG-EYE!!

Edited by BigDaddy_1

Actually the term was around long before the "blues". Maybe you should do your research first and not speculate the typography, the original intent or that I would even dare entertain the thought of degrading our fine qb!

Big Daddy, i suggest you go back and read all my posts and find their context.

We did get LA's best, whether it is McCoin or Hayes their is only one ball on the field at a time. They can't both run it and have numbers. The Blues were around three decades before your nickname and I did say it probably came about innocently enough because of topography "not typography". Look up the definition if you don't know it. I mentioned loss of respect for fans for several reasons not the least of which included multiple attempts at vandalism and harming personal property last night. One the police stopped, another some DC fans stopped. these are just the ones I know first hand.

I have always been gracious toward your team and factual. My only rib at you was in regard to your "lame" nicknames. If you feel that is a personal insult because it was your form of expressing creativity please forgive me. I thought before you could give and take. I guess either it is easier for you to give or somehow I pressed a nerve of pride. Again, I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.

This will definitively be my last post on this thread. Say whatever you want about me or DC. I stand by all my statements. LA fans (not the team) and your community lost a lot of respect in my eyes last night. One thing I can say is that DC fans cheered before, in and after the game (not the same for LA). Hopefully your fans will take that spirit with you next week so that your kids feel valued win or lose.

Our boys had a really good season. I am sure some of them are down right now. If you read this, know that better days are ahead. Sport prepares you for life. Some days feel good; some days do not, but rejoice regardless in every day because your hope is not in football. Your value is not on a scoreboard, it is in relationship. Care for your brother men; even those that may not be easy to. Big Daddy, King and Kodger - I wish you well and am asking for your lives to be blessed.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Man I got to say after the atmosphere with the crowd and the teams coming out followed up by that amazing first drive I was extremely excited. Felt pretty let down in the second half I could almost see the team letting the game slip away. We fought hard Tigers. I wouldn't trade the time I've spent at the games this year, or this team for any other. We don't lose a single player from the basketball team that made a deep run last year. Let's go make a run this year. Good luck to LA.

Big Daddy, i suggest you go back and read all my posts and find their context.

We did get LA's best, whether it is McCoin or Hayes their is only one ball on the field at a time. They can't both run it and have numbers. The Blues were around three decades before your nickname and I did say it probably came about innocently enough because of topography "not typography". Look up the definition if you don't know it. I mentioned loss of respect for fans for several reasons not the least of which included multiple attempts at vandalism and harming personal property last night. One the police stopped, another some DC fans stopped. these are just the ones I know first hand.

I have always been gracious toward your team and factual. My only rib at you was in regard to your "lame" nicknames. If you feel that is a personal insult because it was your form of expressing creativity please forgive me. I thought before you could give and take. I guess either it is easier for you to give or somehow I pressed a nerve of pride. Again, I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.

This will definitively be my last post on this thread. Say whatever you want about me or DC. I stand by all my statements. LA fans (not the team) and your community lost a lot of respect in my eyes last night. One thing I can say is that DC fans cheered before, in and after the game (not the same for LA). Hopefully your fans will take that spirit with you next week so that your kids feel valued win or lose.

Our boys had a really good season. I am sure some of them are down right now. If you read this, know that better days are ahead. Sport prepares you for life. Some days feel good; some days do not, but rejoice regardless in every day because your hope is not in football. Your value is not on a scoreboard, it is in relationship. Care for your brother men; even those that may not be easy to. Big Daddy, King and Kodger - I wish you well and am asking for your lives to be blessed.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Great comment...there are always some sore losers and in this case some IDIOT winners who attempt for some unknown reason to destroy property or hurt people. My prediction...The young people who did this are trash and will live a life filled with trash. These LA fans are a discrace to their community and hopefully the good people of Livingston will seek them out and deal with them. I know a lot of people in the area and they do not condone this type activity.

Edited by languagemaster