Jo Byrns (6-5) at Collinwood (8-2)

MOTO24

I think Cwood would be alot better if they used some of their other players more than they do. It seems all they want to do is get the ball in Montgomerys hands and try and make him look good. I would be getting the ball to #7 a whole lot more.

well Montgomery, Risner, and the soph REgan no 7 will all be back but I think they are far from done...I have seen vast improvement towards the end of the season despite losing Jacob

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cwood would be alot better if they used some of their other players more than they do. It seems all they want to do is get the ball in Montgomerys hands and try and make him look good. I would be getting the ball to #7 a whole lot more.

That's my point exactly! Cwood has players that can step up! #7 is great too and he is a backup! He is a sophomore I think. But #4 and 13 are great players as well and as far as upcoming players... They got them too ;) gonna be some good Cwood teams for awhile!

yeah, and considering they went 1 and 9 the year before I think its fair to say they have improved a heckuva lot

And the 2 teams they lost to (Adamsville and MTP) are both very respected 2A teams. They aren't perfect but they are knocking down barriers to be as young as they are and I don't care what anyone says, I'm proud of them!! Very outstanding bunch of young men!

And the 2 teams they lost to (Adamsville and MTP) are both very respected 2A teams. They aren't perfect but they are knocking down barriers to be as young as they are and I don't care what anyone says, I'm proud of them!! Very outstanding bunch of young men!

I think that has been our point on this topic. Most of us WC fans are all for Cwood in the playoffs and wish them well but the fact is that region 6 was really weak this year. Cwood played 2 really good teams and got blown out both times. MP would get mercy ruled by Huntingdon, Gville, SP and probably UC. Adamsville would match up with those teams but not sure they would win. Yall should be proud of your team as I would be to but until you get a little deeper in the playoffs yall really aint played a top notch 1a team. Yall are region champs so go out and rerpresent!

Agreed. And Cwood will give it there all my friend

I hope they do and move on to the next round but Jo Byrns is good and I hope they're not being overlooked. They are well coached and the leaders on their team were underclassmen on the team that made it to Cookeville 2 years ago so they know what it takes to win. As long as Cwood is in the playoffs I will be at every game. Some people forget that Wayne Co high school and Collinwood high school are only about 10 miles apart. Look at what some great teams have come from such a small area!

I think that has been our point on this topic. Most of us WC fans are all for Cwood in the playoffs and wish them well but the fact is that region 6 was really weak this year. Cwood played 2 really good teams and got blown out both times. MP would get mercy ruled by Huntingdon, Gville, SP and probably UC. Adamsville would match up with those teams but not sure they would win. Yall should be proud of your team as I would be to but until you get a little deeper in the playoffs yall really aint played a top notch 1a team. Yall are region champs so go out and rerpresent!

I think that has been our point on this topic. Most of us WC fans are all for Cwood in the playoffs and wish them well but the fact is that region 6 was really weak this year. Cwood played 2 really good teams and got blown out both times. MP would get mercy ruled by Huntingdon, Gville, SP and probably UC. Adamsville would match up with those teams but not sure they would win. Yall should be proud of your team as I would be to but until you get a little deeper in the playoffs yall; really aint played a top notch 1a team. Yall are region champs so go out and rerpresent!,

MP beat us with Harlan. Without him we would have beat them easily. As Adamsville, we lost our best rb on his first run, then threw four ints and lost a fumble. We moved the ball but gave it away. Held them to 4 field goals despite short field. Plus they out played us.