kingston@cak

jacketfan82

Doing my best Bill Clinton impersonation: "It depends on how you define healthy" icon_e_smile.gif We have been missing a couple of defensive players for the past few weeks now, due to injury. Not sure if they will be ready this week or not. Of course, D.Howell broke a bone in his hand against Alcoa, but he got it cast up and played very well last week against Kingston. So overall I would say the Warriors are fairly healthy.

You mean Loudon????

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that CAK should be favored, if for nothing else, because we won the head to head by a few scores about a month ago. But, CAK knows Kingston is a worthy opponent that has some renewed confidence after a very impressive win over a tradition rich program like Polk Co. I agree that turnovers and/or special teams will have to play a part in the game for Kingston to win, but that is certainly a possibility. CAK usually protects the football very well for a team that throws the football as often as the Warriors do, but I have seen a few games that we turned the ball over several times. When it does happen it is usually the result of our receivers trying to get extra yardage after the catch. Its hard to blame any of those kids for a turnover due to how hard they work to get every yard possible, but thats the primary way CAK turns the ball over, or the occasional INT, but that isn't common either. Kingston will have success on offense no doubt, until CRB decides he has to play our offensive players to secure a win. If he does that then Kingston will have a much tougher time scoring. But again, I don't expect coach to worry about any style points but instead just simply try to out score the Jackets. I heard someone say this years team has gone about winning games like it was a tennis match: hold serve and then break the opponents serve once or twice. Clock management will also be important for Kingston. Loudon scored at the end of the 2nd qtr. but left 33 seconds on the clock. CAK only used one time out, but very quickly moved down the field and scored on the last play of the half.

Yes our punting game has to be better this time around.we need to be trying to strip every ball.and not have penalties.and for dang sure dont give the warriors a second left on the clock before halftime lol.

There are many areas of our football team that we need to improve upon for sure, but watching these guys over the past few years drive and score with very limited time on the clock has been a thing of beauty. They have done it so often that I think sometimes we (CAK fans) may take it for granted and not appreciate it as much as we should. It is coached and practiced and it shows on the field. No confusion, no panic, everyone sprinting to the line, knowing where the down marker is, clocking the ball, getting out of bounds, no procedure penalties, decisive play calling, precise throws, etc.... It doesn't always result in a score, but it does the majority of the time.