Most Physical Team in 4A Playoffs

TriplesAlley

Prayers go out to Cooper and his family.

Covington is a fairly physical team. Atleast they seemed to be on against Milan. Don't remember the kids number, but one guy for Covington delivered a knockout lick to a Milan player, left the Milan player not knowing where he was and running to the wrong side line. Needless to say that was the last play the kid was in on the rest of the game. Also towards the end of the game the long snapper delivered a lick to the punt return man of Milan and caused a fumble that all but ended the game.

Giles is a physical team, but to me offering defensive stats about points allowed and scoring defense is a poor example of physicality. You don't have to be very physical at all to not give up points.

Lexington to me has to be one of the top physical teams as well. They have a history of being very physical, although I have seen many big hits from them while looking at some highlight videos.

Lexington also has a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG history of choking as soon as they have to play a team out of their Candy Cane Lane division.

Yall need to be sending you payment into the TSSAA for not sending any 12AA teams West this year.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man you giles county fans kill me i do believe 4 years ago lexington almost beat yall and your great QB bo wallace and wasnt the team that won state? HMMM and as for greenville im so ready to see your cocky team lose maybe it'll be lexington that gives yall that loss that is if yall can get through giles.

Man you giles county fans kill me i do believe 4 years ago lexington almost beat yall and your great QB bo wallace and wasnt the team that won state? HMMM and as for greenville im so ready to see your cocky team lose maybe it'll be lexington that gives yall that loss that is if yall can get through giles.

You call a 36-10 Giles Co. win as almost beating them??

Also, I think Greeneville fans have the right to be cocky after back to back championships and 3 straight trips to Cookeville.

If you call 36-10 almost getting beat then yeah, Lexington almost beat us that year.

Too funny. The closest The Lex got was when they got to the Brickyard first. JV played the 3rd & 4th. Beware of that river. The crossing is coming soon for one of you. And we all know what happens when you ford that river don't we! icon_rolleyes.gif

Man I'm a Lexington fan, and I was at that game at the brickyard 3 yrs ago. No way did we almost beat Giles.

Giles was a much better team than we were and they were more physical. I'm hoping, if we can advance deep enough into the playoffs that we get a chance to prove we can play with teams across the river. I'm a firm believer that we have a talented and physical team this year with depth at our skill positions. Keep it up BIG RED

has nothing to do with this topic really...but i just realized that in 09 when giles won the gold...they beat 3 teams from our district...chester co...lexington and liberty...

i havent seen giles this year...but i know for a fact that none of the teams in our district are as strong as they were in 09...got a lot of ground to make up here 14AA

I'm not so sure about that statement dhstennis...."none of our teams in our district are as strong as they were in'09" ... maybe not all three of those teams, but I think Lexington is as strong, maybe stronger. We have more depth and team speed for certain. Our defense on the other hand might be close in comparison to'09, possibly weaker, and that could be what gets us. Offensively we are lots better than we were in'09. If obvious that our district is weaker this year than it has been the previous two to three years, and that's not a good thing for preparing any of our teams for the playoffs.