2013 4A/3A Favorites

AllRegion

I know that it's a little early for this thread with the playoffs for the 2012 season still underway, but I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on who will be the favorites in 4A/3A for 2013 before everyone either heads to the basketball forums or goes into hibernation for the winter icon_mrgreen.gif

So let's hear it! Who returns a lot and will be strong again? Who are some surprise teams to be on the lookout for?

Here is my list...comments, discussion, and critiques are always welcome!

4A

Fulton

Greeneville

Giles County

Knoxville Catholic

Signal Mountain

Maplewood

Lexington

Covington

Pearl-Cohn

Sullivan South

3A

Alcoa

Milan

CPA

Trezevant

Austin East

Smith County

CAK

Westmorland

JCM

South Gibson

Edited by AllRegion

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure the teams that you listed are not moving into an different classification.

Watch out for Lexington, Covington, and JCM. JCM is a that doesn't get a lot of respect, not being in the playoffs for 5 years straight until this year. And losing to North Side 7 straight and Liberty I think 5 straight. Things will change for the cougars with a strong upcoming Junior class.

I am not 1000% on this year, but Alcoa will win 3A the next four years. And that, my friend, is a PHACT.

I can't disagree with you at all, APB. Could you give us a breakdown of how the next couple of years look for Alcoa? Do you think that you guys will have the type of extremely dominant teams that can run the table like in 2009 and 2010?

Cheatham will be good in 2013. Matt Brown will take over at QB. He started 3-4 games this year for the Cubs. The offensive backfield will feature Desmond Sweatt, Willie Presley, and Brandon Shelton. The offensive line will be anchored by Shane Keegan. The defense will return Bryce Beamer and Nathaniel Jock up front. The linebackers will all return. They consist of the trio of Desmond Sweatt, David Wood, and Jeff Newman. The secondary will return Trey Morrow and Willie Presley. I would expect guys like Kevin Bennett, Hank White, Johnny Henry, Jonathan Barnes, Alec Szostecki, Nick Owen, and Dylan Kessler to step up and become regular in the lineup as well in 2013. If the Cubs can rebuild an offensive line (an area where they have always been solid) then they could be a 7-8 win football team in 2013.

Edited by howdoitknow2

Cheatham will be good in 2013. Matt Brown will take over at QB. He started 3-4 games this year for the Cubs. The offensive backfield will feature Desmond Sweatt, Willie Presley, and Brandon Shelton. The offensive line will be anchored by Shane Keegan. The defense will return Bryce Beamer and Nathaniel Jock up front. The linebackers will all return. They consist of the trio of Desmond Sweatt, David Wood, and Jeff Newman. The secondary will return Trey Morrow and Willie Presley. I would expect guys like Kevin Bennett, Hank White, Johnny Henry, Jonathan Barnes, Alec Szostecki, Nick Owen, and Dylan Kessler to step up and become regular in the lineup as well in 2013. If the Cubs can rebuild an offensive line (an area where they have always been solid) then they could be a 7-8 win football team in 2013.

Thanks for your input, howdoitknow! I didn't know that Cheatham returned so many guys for next year. I would definitely put them in the list of teams to watch for 2013. That can't be all I missed, so what are your thoughts about the rest of the teams? icon_e_smile.gif

Thanks for your input, howdoitknow! I didn't know that Cheatham returned so many guys for next year. I would definitely put them in the list of teams to watch for 2013. That can't be all I missed, so what are your thoughts about the rest of the teams? icon_e_smile.gif

Pearl-Cohn will be strong in 4A. They return everyone from this year's team and will be experienced and very talented.

4A will be an entirely new landscape for Sullivan South. It will be good to start playing schools closer to our size but we will probably keep a few 5A rivalry games. I won't mention names but there is a strong Sophomore class right now and at least the next 2 years should be very good for the Rebels. I'm guessing we will be in the 3 Rivers Conference but hope that we get Greeneville of the BRAC back on our regular season schedule. That has always been a great game.