Lebanon Head Coaching Search

Job opening has been pushed back to January 3. There is a reason no one has taken job. Let's just say in house answer.

That is what I thought; the "search master" has finally come to his senses, and will put the fortunes of Blue Devil land in the hands of a coach that is already in the house - LW.

All in the land of the glade have sensed this was really the ultimate outcome. We wish the former Wildcat good luck and best wishes!!

oh my!

Edited by glademom

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Job opening has been pushed back to January 3. There is a reason no one has taken job. Let's just say in house.

can't say I'm shocked here, when people are willing to settle for mediocrity they often fall short of that low water mark, the best thing LHS could do is clean house athletically and start anew

can't say I'm shocked here, when people are willing to settle for mediocrity they often fall short of that low water mark, the best thing LHS could do is clean house athletically and start anew

Doyle............they already tried that when MYRA came in as principal. New principal, new building, new coaches.............same Lebanon.

Football coach. Resigned.

Basketball coach - they are better, but not all of the talent in the building is playing yet. Young team. Think McDowell is a good coach.

Baseball - still bottom 3rd of the district. Have to compete with MJ and WC for talent in the county. Real young. Don't know if coaching is the issue, just lack of overall talent.

with MYRA, nobody wants to coach there.

You people do not have a clue. The problem with Lebanon athletics is not the Principal at all. She was told who to hire and fire. She would have kept some of the coaches and hired better ones if needed. Look at how many different Principals has been at LHS in the past 10 years so that should tell you what the problem is. Higher ups and parents are the problem with LHS sports. The coaches they had were very good coaches but higher ups felt differenly and listen to parents complain because there little johnny was not playing or because he got disciplined and had to sit out a game or that there son was a D1 player when they could not even play college ball. I know nothing about LHS Basketball but I am familar with Football and baseball. They took a huge step down in the coaches they hired when Myra got there. Both the football and baseball coach were good coaches and what most people do not understand is they were in the district with Rutherford county schools the best district in the state and did quite well many of those years. Lebanon has no talent and the coaching has gone down hill and the results are alot less wins. If I was Lebanon I would bring back Brown in football and Slone in baseball and you would see a improvement,not that either one would come back. I am not saying they are going to win a state championship because there is not enough talent but you would see a big improvement.

You people do not have a clue. Lebanon has no talent and the coaching has gone down hill and the results are a lot less wins. If I was Lebanon I would bring back Brown in football and Slone in baseball and you would see a improvement,not that either one would come back..

Speaking of living in the land of the CLUELESS................Are you saying that someone else can win there without TALENT.

Football coach. Resigned.

Basketball coach - they are better, but not all of the talent in the building is playing yet. Young team. Think McDowell is a good coach.

Baseball - still bottom 3rd of the district. Have to compete with MJ and WC for talent in the county. Real young. Don't know if coaching is the issue, just lack of overall talent.

with MYRA, nobody wants to coach there.

I thought that in most years, the baseball and girls basketball programs could have very good years.