Is this Covington's year?

thegood

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at this point there are only two teams standing between the Chargers and a Gold Ball. Those would be Liberty Tech and the winner of the Giles Co. - Fulton game.

Not sure how it will turn out, but this Charger team has shown the ability to do it. As long as we don't beat ourselves, I feel as if we have a very good chance to advance.

Covington would be in the round ball threads already if they were in quad 1 or 2. I would say Giles is a 21 point favorite and Fulton is not far behind that. This is Covington's year to make the trip to Cookeville, and join MountainTroll's loser's tailgate immediately following halftime.

Since your what if'ing pa I'll tell ya another what if.If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt everytime he jumped... My what if has about as much relevence as yours does...Oh...and you can join the haters club...That club seems to be getting bigger after every game Covington wins :thumb:

Covington would be in the round ball threads already if they were in quad 1 or 2. I would say Giles is a 21 point favorite and Fulton is not far behind that. This is Covington's year to make the trip to Cookeville, and join MountainTroll's loser's tailgate immediately following halftime.

There MAY be one team in 4a better than Covington, but to be honest im not sold on that either. To say they would be on the basketball threads if in another quad is very laughable.

Thats just how its gonna be until the west can bring a gold ball home in 4A youve had one team in the west win a state championship in 4A since tennessee left the 3 class system and that team was Memphis East 12 years ago. i think it was safe to patriotalumni to say what he said. 4A west is yet to prove otherwise. Facts dont lie

Thats just how its gonna be until the west can bring a gold ball home in 4A youve had one team in the west win a state championship in 4A since tennessee left the 3 class system and that team was Memphis East 12 years ago. i think it was safe to patriotalumni to say what he said. 4A west is yet to prove otherwise. Facts dont lie

Very true west will not get respect until the gold ball comes to west tn.

Although you are geographically correct Slim, the West won the Gold Ball in '09. Of course is was a Middle Tennessee team named Giles that brought it back to the Wes...., I mean Middle Tennessee! :D

Edited by WiseOldManGiles

Although you are geographically correct Slim, the West won the Gold Ball in '09. Of course is was a Middle Tennessee team named Giles that brought it back to the Wes...., I mean Middle Tennessee! :D

i was going.by west TN teams. giles is middle although the brackets dont break down that way haha.

Don't take it so personally purpleandgold, just stating my personal opinion. It's my first year keeping up with high school ball since I played so as far as I'm concerned you can throw history out the door.. I literally live in the world of football: work in the nfl, don't miss an SEC game and obviously stay on top of Page Football. I firmly believe that the Giles team this year is on another level in 4A so I don't see Covington beating them. Teams like Lexington and Covington need to schedule some tough middle Tennessee competition during the season to prepare themselves for this point in the season..