Macon co head job open again!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Why are they having a hard time keeping a coach?

warrior2024, they are the most unrealistic fan base in tennessee from what I hear from alot of insiders. I also hear the big money people will come in and lay the money on the table to play their kids. If I where a coach though Id be flocking to Macon Co. They are willing to pay and Id be willing to play. Just get as much money as early as you can get it and you cant lose. Just ask Pemberton. He took those tobacco boys for as much money as he could squeeze out of um. He left while the getting was good. Nice exit strategy. I think Macon can be successful in the district they are now in with the right coach if he dont fall for the money and just play the kids whose parents pay to play. On second thought though, its a win win for a new coach. You get wins or money one or the other.

They paid Pemberton very well...probably as much or more than he is making in Brentwood.

On a side note Twan - I think our, Smith County, schedule will be released today. White Co. and White House dropped us so we have to find two new teams, well one really as we have one new tream picked up already and in contact with two other teams for the other. Both "other" teams are from from East TN, just waiting for one to work out details and if they can't play us, the other team has agreeded to play us. Out of region games EXTREMELY EXCITING next year.

Edited by scooter