Macon co head job open again!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

usually this is not a good move for most high schools, not saying it can be done, if he has some good assistants and a lot of administrative support, usually a short term fix....tough region to start with, will depend on what non conference foes are....good points he is already known by many including the kids and maybe he will be able to stay awhile, probably the number one problem at mc, as others have already stated until they give someone several years it will always be the same...good luck to the new coach

• 3 weeks later...

Wilson will be a good hire. I usally dont like a home town kid as the head coach but at macon I think its needed. he know the political climate and know what to and not to do. I think if left somewhat alone, he will do a fine job. Look at Macon's record verse LA Smit, Dekalb in Pemebrtons first year with so so tallent. New district will help,

warrior2024, they are the most unrealistic fan base in tennessee from what I hear from alot of insiders. I also hear the big money people will come in and lay the money on the table to play their kids. If I where a coach though Id be flocking to Macon Co. They are willing to pay and Id be willing to play. Just get as much money as early as you can get it and you cant lose. Just ask Pemberton. He took those tobacco boys for as much money as he could squeeze out of um. He left while the getting was good. Nice exit strategy. I think Macon can be successful in the district they are now in with the right coach if he dont fall for the money and just play the kids whose parents pay to play. On second thought though, its a win win for a new coach. You get wins or money one or the other.

you have not a clue! everything you have said is a complete lie.not one,i mean not one of the parents kids you are talking about even played a single down on varisty.you are running off at the mouth about something you have not a single clue about.they did nothing any other program has'nt done.oh,and by the way the next time westy has a bad season i hope your computer don't tear up. Edited by goldenrod