Trezevant @ Covington - round 3

CHARGERFAN

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They tampered with GREENEVILLES bus tires at state which caused then to have a few blowouts on the interstate and some other tampering occurred. Shoot they had to break up a fight between two of their own players before the game even started. West will NOT win state.

This is not the same Trezevant team. They only had 3 penanlties againt Dyersburg and showed good sportsmanship. The best acting team that I have ever witnessed from Memphis.

The West might not win State but you will be surprised at which ever one of these teams plays in the Championship game.

So, how do the teams compare on paper?

Just looking at this year's scores through 12 games:

Covington averages scoring 42 points per game and their defense gives up 9 point per game.

Trezevant averages scoring 35 points a game and their defense gives up 10 points per game.

Pretty even. They do say that defense wins championships. We will see which D can control the opponent on Friday.

I will be pulling for Covington but I am telling you Covington better bring their A game. Trezevant allowed 6 points combined to Dyersburg and Mitchell. Defensive line and backers are well coached and very very quick. I will be there to watch this game.

Please elaborate. We may want to alert the local police before the game.

go back to the 2010 state championship game 15 or 16 unsportsmanlike penalties where there coach did nothing ! They tried to jump in to our huddle ! There players wanting to fight ! There fans and parent slashed our bus tires and put stuff in our gas tanks ! They was band for one year and the school fined . And the so called coach white is a joke that did nothing to control his PUNKS ! Because that's what they where is PUNKS !

Wow, its been 2 years ago, different team for the most part; some people have vouched for them having cleaned up their act so lets give them the benefit of the doubt and let it go. Having said that, a team running the Wing-T well is a dangerous team and if underestimated will run you off the field.....

You are not making your judgement based on this year's team, you are saying that because of what happened in 2010. What they did was despicable, but let's hope they learned from their mistakes.

From the sound of those that have seen them play this year, they have resolved those major issues.

let me ask you this if it was your kid on that bus how would you feel ??? My kid was ! I hope they have learned from that . But coach white dont have any respect from me for NOT stepping in and doing NOTHING ! He should have been FIRED !!!!!!!!

let me ask you this if it was your kid on that bus how would you feel ??? My kid was ! I hope they have learned from that . But coach white dont have any respect from me for NOT stepping in and doing NOTHING ! He should have been FIRED !!!!!!!!

At the time I would be furious. Luckily no one was hurt. Two years later, I would have forgiven them. Not good to still have that anger in your heart. Young men with no guidance from adults normally leads to those type of actions.

I agree the Coach should have lost his job, but he didn't so now it seems he has learned for his mistakes and is putting discipline into his football team. It is what it is, I don't think it is fair to judge the players now for the actions of players on the 2010 team. The coach on the other hand will still need to prove himself.

At the time I would be furious. Luckily no one was hurt. Two years later, I would have forgiven them. Not good to still have that anger in your heart. Young men with no guidance from adults normally leads to those type of actions.

I agree the Coach should have lost his job, but he didn't so now it seems he has learned for his mistakes and is putting discipline into his football team. It is what it is, I don't think it is fair to judge the players now for the actions of players on the 2010 team. The coach on the other hand will still need to prove himself.

i am sorry for my anger towards the new kids hope them well . The coach will never get my respect . GOOD LUCK NEW KIDS still same old coach !

go back to the 2010 state championship game 15 or 16 unsportsmanlike penalties where there coach did nothing ! They tried to jump in to our huddle ! There players wanting to fight ! There fans and parent slashed our bus tires and put stuff in our gas tanks ! They was band for one year and the school fined . And the so called coach white is a joke that did nothing to control his PUNKS ! Because that's what they where is PUNKS !

So, they have new players now. I wonder if they still have those rowdy fans following them? I guess we are going to find out.