CPA @ Cheatham..........Lions & Bears OH MY!

howdoitknow

Great season by the Cubs. Those seniors have put in a lot of hard work to come this far. People don't realize how hard it is to win a state championship and how far away you may be when it seems that you are so close. The state championship in 3A is probably going to be CPA vs. CAK and rightfully so because barring Milanupsetting CPA this Friday. those are the outright best 2 teams from each side (not including Alcoa who is on level with anyone around). You know I get on here and read the boards and get a kick out of what some of these people think from time to time and while some things (which are few and far between) make no sense, some statements are actually well thought out and are people quoting things with a football knowledge base. I got on here this morning and saw where CubsDad87 posted that "Cheatham was outcoached" you know that might be the case but the problem when you run into a team like CPA and you are affiliated with a smaller public school team like Cheatham isn't scheme or gameplan, its the players. While maybe the top five players (1-5) on Cheathams team may be comperable to what CPA has, it's player 6-20 that make a huge difference. Those guys last night did not have one guy on either side of the ball that was someone you could expose or pick on. Good luck to CPA the rest of the way and again congrats on the awesome season that the 2012 Cubs put together.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. The Cubs are much, much deeper than five top players. They didn't need a passing attack all year until last night. I think if they had worked on it during the season it may have been there. Who knows? They had at least two dropped passes that had TDs written all over them. CPA was selling out to stop the run which left them vunerable to the pass all night.

CPA was just better this year, a lot of people are putting them in the title game already but let me tell you, Milan is not just going to hand it to them. I intially pick CPA to win but wouldnt be surprised 1 bit if Milan gets it done. Championship/play-off exp. is to be accounted for; Milan is accustomed to play well in big games (w/ the exception vs. Alcoa). I believe this will be a won by 2 TDs (probably 1) at most regardless of the winner.....

CPA was just better this year, a lot of people are putting them in the title game already but let me tell you, Milan is not just going to hand it to them. I intially pick CPA to win but wouldnt be surprised 1 bit if Milan gets it done. Championship/play-off exp. is to be accounted for; Milan is accustomed to play well in big games (w/ the exception vs. Alcoa). I believe this will be a won by 2 TDs (probably 1) at most regardless of the winner.....

Others might but I can guarantee you that CPA is not looking past Milan. Great team.Great program. Great tradition. They remember the long bus ride home last year after a brusing battle in Milan. Coleman is probably the best in the state.

Well it was really tough to sleep after that heartbreak. From my perspective I believe we were out coached too.

Why would you get on here and throw the Cheatham coaches under the bus after they worked their tails off (just as the players did) to ensure that this would be a successful season? Coach Finley, Coach Jackson, and Coach Boyd are the ONLY paid football coaches on the Cubs coaching staff. Coach Langley, Coach Randolph, and Coach Patterson were volunteer assistants who did not receive any pay whatsoever this season for the countless hours they put in this fall. Cheatham County pays a head football coach and 2 assistants. That's all the school system pays football. I promise you from being around the Cubs football program since 2005 you won't find coaches who work and gameplan harder than the Cubs Coaching Staff. I am sorry for the rant CoachTers but knocking the coaching staff after a season like this one is just wrong.

Well it went just about the way I expected it as well. Yes, cheatham could pass but they have not all year. So when they had to they just didn't have enough experience to pull it off. Cip that critical 4th down pitch to sweat who dropped the ball and it went over on downs. I hate to praise Ingle Martin because of his dust-off with Ut (ancient history now) but what really took place is we ran into a well coached team that adjusted/schemed to our weaknesses.

Cheatham scored 579 points in 13 games in 2012. They put 3 backs at 1,400+ yards on the season. 2 of the 3 had 20+ TDs (the other had 17). Sometimes you just run into a team that is "better". CPA was better last night. I don't think the Cubs coaching staff just forgot how to coach!

CC didn't lose because the coaches! They lost cuz CPA was the better team.. I'm not gonna say anything else about why, or I will make no excuses! I'm proud of these guys! CPA has a team that is loaded! There good! We are not a passing team, we run the ball, they stopped it for whatever reason, so they one.. Congrats CPA

How is saying being outcoached means hes dogging the coaches. you have a team that has a former NFL player as head coach. Coach Haywood played and coach college ball. Coach Hancock Played college Ball. Coach Epps Played for Oklahoma and wss strength and conditioning coach for Titans and Ensworth. I think its safe to say CPAs coaching staff has the credentials. its the same as saying the players got out played which they did. It happens. doesnt mean hes dogging coaching staff. now im not saying CC got out coached. just saying your lashing at that guy was a little harsh due to the fact hes entitled to his opinion and i didnt see any harm or animosity toward the coaches on his part

Edited by Slim88

Slim I'm really trying not bring up a touchy subject, but when you post stuff about how CPA has all these coaches that have done all this.. Do you think if those same coaches were at CC coaching same players we have, that they beat CPA? Again I said I didn't wanna get in to the public private thing, but when CC has 6 or maybe few more players that are as good as CPA best that's great! Problem was CPA entire team was great.. Whether CPA players all been together, live same neighborhood whatever I don't know. I know this, there is no way a county school like CC can get 30 players as good as there top 6 like CPA has.. That's life, it's done.. I'm really not wanting a bashing post.. I'm just saying! I meet jimrob great guy, I'm sure coachrus is also! No disrespect!

Slim I'm really trying not bring up a touchy subject, but when you post stuff about how CPA has all these coaches that have done all this.. Do you think if those same coaches were at CC coaching same players we have, that they beat CPA? Again I said I didn't wanna get in to the public private thing, but when CC has 6 or maybe few more players that are as good as CPA best that's great! Problem was CPA entire team was great.. Whether CPA players all been together, live same neighborhood whatever I don't know. I know this, there is no way a county school like CC can get 30 players as good as there top 6 like CPA has.. That's life, it's done.. I'm really not wanting a bashing post.. I'm just saying! I meet jimrob great guy, I'm sure coachrus is also! No disrespect!

thats not what i was trying to say at all. but ill leave it at that. i shouldnt have even intervened on the matter. just thought it was a tad bit too much to jump on that guys back over a small comment like "the coaches got out coached".

I understand what you meant slim.. There would be no shame being out coaches by CPA coaches.. I guess it's debatable.. 87 dad and coaches are friends of mine.. I don't think anything was meant by 87 dad either.. I was just simply saying CPA has a team of great great players, and it would be very hard for county school like CC get that many great players.. That's all in saying