CAK vs. Alcoa REPEAT

POLKcoPRIDE

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent points FootballDad , I really wish this game was the one on TV , 1. So I could watch it , 2. So I wouldn't have to sit around waiting for the Red Hat to get off the field , and 3. .... Mark Packer ... you guys can have him ( Wesvlt in 1.2.3. ) lol

Who is Packer showing on tv this friday?

Excellent points FootballDad , I really wish this game was the one on TV , 1. So I could watch it , 2. So I wouldn't have to sit around waiting for the Red Hat to get off the field , and 3. .... Mark Packer ... you guys can have him ( Wesvlt in 1.2.3. ) lol

Who is Packer showing on tv this friday?

I believe Maryville & DB, but I'm not sure. My understanding is that Packer approached Alcoa & CAK first but Coach Rankin said NO, because he thinks the TV time outs are helping CAK. Really? That may or may not be accurate, but it came to me from a reliable source. Just shows you how far this rivalry has come. Normally a coach jumps at the chance to be on TV, especially in high school. Maryville & DB should be a great one as well, but I was told that TV didn't want to show the same team in back to back weeks and that they were hoping for a Maryville vs. Siegle game for TV next week.

I believe Maryville & DB, but I'm not sure. My understanding is that Packer approached Alcoa & CAK first but Coach Rankin said NO, because he thinks the TV time outs are helping CAK. Really? That may or may not be accurate, but it came to me from a reliable source. Just shows you how far this rivalry has come. Normally a coach jumps at the chance to be on TV, especially in high school. Maryville & DB should be a great one as well, but I was told that TV didn't want to show the same team in back to back weeks and that they were hoping for a Maryville vs. Siegle game for TV next week.

I am not in the know, but it would make sense that with all the Blount viewers and Knox viewers, that they would have been more interested in broadcasting the Alcoa vs. CAK game. I don't know about the tv timeouts being a reason coaches would be against it, but I would guess that being on tv would have affected the gates to this game, not that either one of these schools are hurting for money

My understanding is that Packer approached Alcoa & CAK first but Coach Rankin said NO, because he thinks the TV time outs are helping CAK. Really? That may or may not be accurate, but it came to me from a reliable source. Just shows you how far this rivalry has come.

If Rankin felt the T.V. timeouts gave CAK time to rest, it does show how important this game is to him. It also says how the slightest advantage in this game can make a difference in the outcome. I happen to agree with Rankin on this one. I want any edge I can get against CAK. He knows he has depth in his favor. If I am in his shoes, I don't want the Warriors to have a three minute rest up to 6 times or more in a game. No T.V. Pound the Rock, Control the Clock, Win the Game!

Edited by oldhick76

I look forward to seeing CAK get to the semi finals by the skin on their teeth...if they can pull it off tommorow the next two games should be a CAKe walk.... play action on third and short and CAK scores i think that's how it will end

I'll take a skin of our teeth victory :thumb:. It will be interesting to see if Alcoa plays tight. All the concern and talk about tv timeouts and officiating makes me wonder. The pressure is clearly on the Tornadoes to follow up their regular season victory. CAK knows this game is winnable and believes they are capable.

I'll take a skin of our teeth victory :thumb:. It will be interesting to see if Alcoa plays tight. All the concern and talk about tv timeouts and officiating makes me wonder. The pressure is clearly on the Tornadoes to follow up their regular season victory. CAK knows this game is winnable and believes they are capable.

I agree Alcoa does seem a little nervous ....possibly even scared hahaha