South Pittsburg basketball

Roy Dillard

I created this website about this basketball mess. Can any of you tell me who our players are at Griders school and who the coach is of these boys? Murphy does not make a basketball book like he does for football, so I dont no anything about these boys. I might come to a game if they are going to be real good. You think im joking but im not.

The last couple of times I've seen them, the players didn't seem as if they cared if they won or lost. The just went through the motions on the court, first player halfway open would fire it up from 25 feet. They were down something around 50-15 and laughing out on the court. The coaches looked frustrated but what can you do, you can't cut the whole squad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From what I understand, tournament starts on Wednesday the 26th with four girls games starting at 12:00 central time. Tourney runs thru Saturday with six games on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The boys teams involved are Tyner North Sand Mountain, AL, Sequatchie Co. and the host South Pittsburg. Each team gets three games. Hope this helps. Not sure on exactly who's playing who and when, however. Just know games begin at 12 noon cst every day.

They looked good most of the game tonight vs North Sand Mt (Alabama), back and forth the whole game but one of their players lost his cool at the end and it cost them...bad foul in the open court then complaining about it, gave NSM 4 free throws and the ball, they made 3 of them to take the lead. South Pitt tied it with a steal and layp up, but NSM got it inside for the winning shot as time ran out. Overall they were much better than in previous years, worked the ball around and used their quickness to their advantage.