DII-AA State Semifinals

WesVLT

I agree owl, I am a Baylor parent I didn't see any execution mistakes I think baylor played really well against a really good team.

I agree it will be a high scoring game the defense that steps up the most will win this game. My pick is MUS by 3 late.

Just want to make sure you understood me. MUS had execution problem; Baylor did not. In fact, their execution was nearly flawless - the sign of a well-coached, well-disciplined team. If MUS had executed at the level of Baylor, the game would have not have been close. Baylor deserves nothing but praise for their effort. It was exemplary.

No, I think we understood what you said but didn't agree with it. MUS played very well so I wanted to how their execution was off. The qb completed all but about 4 passes and they had a rb run for for over 150 yds. Special teams were fine. Defense held Baylor to 14 pts. So please tell me what phase they didn't execute.

I will take BA after seeing both in person they have better players overall. The MUS QB did impress me though. My heart wants me to pick MBA but if I was betting the farm I would have to take corn and friends. But if and I know its a big IF they can find a way to control corn ensworth can't beat them.

That's what Baylor said last year, just contain Corn. Well, he went out in the 1st period of the Championship Game and # 7 took over.

There are a few very good players on that team besides Corn. That's why you can't contain Corn. If you key on him someone else

will beat you.

I've said it before and I will say it again: what wins games for Ensworth is not so much which particular (talented) back is running

through the holes, it is the creation of the holes. Whether it is #15, #10, #31, or any other number, they have had very nice lanes

to get to the second level and beyond. If Ensworth can continue to create those lanes, they can control the clock and

use their excellent defense to its best advantage. In my opinion, if MBA is to have a chance to win, they will need to significantly win the

turnover battle and hit on more than a couple of big offensive plays.

No, I think we understood what you said but didn't agree with it. MUS played very well so I wanted to how their execution was off. The qb completed all but about 4 passes and they had a rb run for for over 150 yds. Special teams were fine. Defense held Baylor to 14 pts. So please tell me what phase they didn't execute.

I agree with Owl Booster, and I know the coaches would agree. First, the MUS QB had 8 incompletions but still played an excellent game and has had one of the best seasons in the history of the new school. But this team averages over 37 points per game and was held to 20. Credit Coach Burr and the Baylor defense, but MUS left many points on the field. They got inside the Baylor 35-yd line on each of their first three drives and came away with only 3 points. I think the lack of execution is not a product of turnovers or incomplete passes -- it was not finishing drives with touchdowns, something that the Owls usually excel at. MUS had to settle for three field-goal attempts and lost the ball on downs inside the Baylor 10-yd line another time. Not great execution in terms of scoring touchdowns. Make no mistake, Baylor played an outstanding game, something that is not surprising considering their adroit coaching staff. But MUS mistakes and a lack of execution in finishing drives kept the Red Raiders in the game. Regardless, MUS did not play their best game and still advanced. In fact, they have not played a complete game this season, and Owl fans everywhere hope that the team can put that complete performance together this Friday night.

I agree with Owl Booster, and I know the coaches would agree. First, the MUS QB had 8 incompletions but still played an excellent game and has had one of the best seasons in the history of the new school. But this team averages over 37 points per game and was held to 20. Credit Coach Burr and the Baylor defense, but MUS left many points on the field. They got inside the Baylor 35-yd line on each of their first three drives and came away with only 3 points. I think the lack of execution is not a product of turnovers or incomplete passes -- it was not finishing drives with touchdowns, something that the Owls usually excel at. MUS had to settle for three field-goal attempts and lost the ball on downs inside the Baylor 10-yd line another time. Not great execution in terms of scoring touchdowns. Make no mistake, Baylor played an outstanding game, something that is not surprising considering their adroit coaching staff. But MUS mistakes and a lack of execution in finishing drives kept the Red Raiders in the game. Regardless, MUS did not play their best game and still advanced. In fact, they have not played a complete game this season, and Owl fans everywhere hope that the team can put that complete performance together this Friday night.

Lines have moved. MUS now favored by 6 1/2. The BA faithful are having doubts in the depths of their souls.

Ensworth now favored by 13.

Both may lose outright but I doubt it.

The season and careers will close tonight for some great warriors who have given their very best and made their fathers proud. For you dads that are on the short end of the score as the game winds down, savor the moment, because you will miss it more than you can ever imagine.

• Upvote 1