Top Players in east Tennessee?

jumpshoot04

The best "Basketball" Player in east Tn is, without a doubt, the Schmidt kid from Sevier County, PERIOD!!!! Best Ive seen around here in a while. Reminds me of the Gulmire kid OR had a few years ago, can score 30, get 10 rbs, 7 assist, 5 steals, and 10 husle plays per game. Gulmire did what it took to will his team to victory, so does Schmidt. Heres the best ive seen this year.

I won't argue against the Schmidt kid. He has good size, good quickness, very good ball handler, and is one of the best passers I have seen. He has the whole package for a HS kid.

The best "Basketball" Player in east Tn is, without a doubt, the Schmidt kid from Sevier County, PERIOD!!!! Best Ive seen around here in a while. Reminds me of the Gulmire kid OR had a few years ago, can score 30, get 10 rbs, 7 assist, 5 steals, and 10 husle plays per game. Gulmire did what it took to will his team to victory, so does Schmidt. Heres the best ive seen this year.

1. Schmidt - SCOUNTY

2. Brock Rowen- Stone

3. Devon Sibley- Karns

4. Jalen Henderson- OAK

5. Alex Fountain- Wartburg

6. Merrium- OAK

7. Andre Wilson- AE

8. Race- Powell

9. Dont know his name but he's from Maryville

10. St. John- Campbell County

Again this is just some ive SEEN. You can mix 2-10 up as you wish, but #1 is a lock

Zach Gulmire? Spencer's brother?

Zack was a great HS basketball player, but Schmidt is 6/4 and strong. IQ is similar but Scmidt is going to D-2 Delta State. Gulmire went to NAIA TN Wesleyan and played golf too.

Sibley is better then Schmidt, although i haven't seen Schmidt play. Sibley has absolutely the sweetest stroke i have ever seen. He has more of an upside then any of the players mentioned and is only a JR to boot. He is a future D1 player. While Schmidt may be very good, Sibley has much more of an upside, imo.

Sibley is better then Schmidt, although i haven't seen Schmidt play. Sibley has absolutely the sweetest stroke i have ever seen. He has more of an upside then any of the players mentioned and is only a JR to boot. He is a future D1 player. While Schmidt may be very good, Sibley has much more of an upside, imo.

You havent seen him play? and You still think Sibley is better? Your right, Sibley probably has more potential at this point in their carrers, Sibley has yet to get that big time offer. Im afraid the longer it goes on, the more likely he's a mid- major.

But, im telling u right now if I had to start a Bball team right now, he's my first pick.

I don't understand how you can make a statement like this without seeing Schmidt play. I have seen both play and I can tell you without a doubt that Schmidt is the best in East Tennessee. If you have any doubt ask one of your own - Jalen Henderson. Henderson was part of the same AAU organization this summer - The TN Chosen Few. Or better yet, just ask your coach, he watched him put up 30 at Maryville this past Monday. In addition, he's played pretty good competition - go check out SC's schedule.

By the way, Carolina Crazy's top 5 is pretty accurate. I would include Stetson Moore somewhere in the top 10.

Rowan made another statement tonight that he is one of the elite players in East/Middle TN. Stone Memorial got a very nice win tonight against Alcoa. Guess maybe Tony should learn to play checkers, instead of playing chess! LOL!!!!!

Not knocking Dean, he is an excellent player, and goes hard, they have several good players on the team. Just think it was bad form for the coach to talk trash.

After a tough out of conference schedule, Stone has come in with District wins over Loudon, CAK, and Alcoa already. Stone looks like they are taking the comments about their demise after last season real personal.

Wish I could find a "like" button for this post. Checkmate. :)

• Upvote 1

I don't understand how you can make a statement like this without seeing Schmidt play. I have seen both play and I can tell you without a doubt that Schmidt is the best in East Tennessee. If you have any doubt ask one of your own - Jalen Henderson. Henderson was part of the same AAU organization this summer - The TN Chosen Few. Or better yet, just ask your coach, he watched him put up 30 at Maryville this past Monday. In addition, he's played pretty good competition - go check out SC's schedule.

By the way, Carolina Crazy's top 5 is pretty accurate. I would include Stetson Moore somewhere in the top 10.

TN Chosen Few 17yr Black team is pretty good, they have Kenny Dean from Alcoa playing along with Schmidt, the Howard Kid from Harriman, Hayes from Anderson Co, Goss from Fulton, and a couple of other good players.

Your right, i haven't seen him play yet and i may be wrong on the comparison between him and Sibley, but you guys have to realize he is just a JR. At this point next year if he isn't as good as Schmidt right now he will be at this time next year, in my opinion. A lot of improvement can be made from your JR to SR year. And Jaylin is only a JR, too. Sibley will eventually receive a D1 offer. Again, he is only a JR lol

Edited by SweetScience