Coalfield at Gordonsville (This Henry man vs. This Marshall man)

Roy Dillard

i watched the Gville game online last night and saw a team that was tested and faught hard and overcame it. i don't think that Gville had their "A" game last night but i don't see they that being a problem this week. coalfield is a tough group that plays mean. they will come ready and i think this one will be a gritty game. gonna have to think this one over to make a good prediction. 2 tough teams. does anyone now if they will show this one on the internet as well?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking that Gordonsville overlooked Eagleville. That was to be expected after last week though. One thing is certain, that Nashville Christian team doesn't have a chance. The winner of this one gets Huntingdon. I'm going with the senior experience of Gordonsville. Coalfield is still young and will have shots the next two years. You heard it here first. Gordonsville and all those seniors will get it done in The Jungle.

Didn't we "Hear it here first" also with Coalfield and Greenback? Once again, I'm glad this game is played on the field and not the behind the keyboards.

Didn't we "Hear it here first" also with Coalfield and Greenback? Once again, I'm glad this game is played on the field and not the behind the keyboards.

Yep good thing it's played on the field. Don't really think we'll be overlooking anybody from here on out. Coalfield opened a lot of eyes against Greenback. Hope you folks have a safe ride down to Gordonsville.

I played for Cloudland in 1993 when Gordonsville came up to the mountain. They beat us 22-8. What I remember most is the hostile crowd they brought with them. In 4 years of playing, that was the most hostile fans I've ever witnessed at a ball game. The screaming and taunting was relentless. Just wondering if its still that way today in the jungle? :)

It hasn't changed... We had more fans there than Cloudland that night...

I can't fight this feeling anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Alright, a couple of you Coalfield folks been talking about how you don't get any respect or any kudos and I wanted to go ahead an tell you something. You took a step towards getting it against Greenback. I can tell you for sure NOBODY in Gordonsville is looking past you. I know all the Tiger Fans, Players, and coaches are looking past Coalfield. It remains to be seen how you are going to react to a long trip, a new opponent, and a hostile enviroment. Well, let's just hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and a safe trip to Gordonsville for BLUE FRIDAY!

As I said in the thread before the Eagleville game, we better not be looking past nobody this late in the playoffs. It's true high school, college, and the pros are a lot different, but one thing remains the same in all three, ONE GAME AT A TIME, boys. This Gville team reminds me of the 83, 84 team when they play to their fullest capabilities. I know we had several boys not feeling well and still bruised up from the SP game, maybe we will be all healed up for the Coalfield game and make a statement to why we have been ranked #1 for most of the season and get the respect of news channel 2 and 5 that never shows us. Thanks for Channel 4 though... All I have to say is roll on TIGERS.....

We got caught looking ahead to Greenback. Greenback got caught looking ahead to us.

We were able to overcome it and get the win.

Congrats to you Coalfield. I look forward to seeing y'all in the Jungle Friday night.