Nashville Christian vs Huntingdon Mustangs

Brummy

Thanks mustangpop. We look forward to the trip and another Friday night of fun - win or lose. I can tell from looking at stats that your qb is a monster. Like I said in the previous post, if we can't slow him down, it will be a long night. We're just enjoying a deeper run than any of us expected. This team is a good group of boys coached by some great men that we all really respect. Just happy their hard work is paying off on the field and in the classroom. I'm sure your coaches are the same kind of men. You don't coach HS football for the big bucks :) You do it to pour something into a young man's life.

i like your attitude towards the game .you should be a proud dad.

Wow I dont like private school because of recruiting but man I dont think they go there cause they are scared of a buttkicking in general. I think it is cause of the size of the city and them schools not being as good. Also it is a christian school and some of them might be going for religous reasons. Trying to defend you a little bit NCSdad, but dont mean I still wont make you mad this week I have a habit of doing that but it'll all be in good fun :)

BTW tricklician you are right that is a ragety schedule lol.

Another long week to have to wait on Friday night. I think it will be a good game with the Mustangs coming out on top. I just watched NC highlight video from last night and #7 is definitely one heck of a football player. We have seen some good and fast backs all year though. The difference that they will see against the Stangs is that those running lanes will close much faster.

GO STANGS

Hey Mustang fans, I was just looking over impressive history of the Huntington football program.

http://www.hsfdataba...tingdon2000.htm. Many years of playoff appearances and a State tittle back in 2003 I believe as AA team? I know it is weird with the different TSSAA classifications these days as some of the teams in Nashville Christians district like WhiteHouse Heritage and Houston County play as AA teams during playoffs. When did Huntingdon move down to SingleA?

Edited by youthsportsPIX

Wow I dont like private school because of recruiting but man I dont think they go there cause they are scared of a buttkicking in general. I think it is cause of the size of the city and them schools not being as good. Also it is a christian school and some of them might be going for religous reasons. Trying to defend you a little bit NCSdad, but dont mean I still wont make you mad this week I have a habit of doing that but it'll all be in good fun :)

BTW tricklician you are right that is a ragety schedule lol.

This is the case w/ NC unlike some of these private schools that pay big bucks to get the big name coaches and miracuously are playing for a state title and are nationally ranked within 4 years. They might as well just be football factories b/c students are not going there for academics or religious purposes.....

This is the case w/ NC unlike some of these private schools that pay big bucks to get the big name coaches and miracuously are playing for a state title and are nationally ranked within 4 years. They might as well just be football factories b/c students are not going there for academics or religious purposes.....

Good that is the way I was thinking, if you werent playing Huntingdon I might be cheering for for you as that is what a private school should be. BTW I just watched higlights of #7 as well he is quick, going to be hard to stop. But he better get in shape cause he is going to have to run like energizer bunny to beat us. Keep going and going and going, cause Jacob is Mr. Duracell he is harder to run down.

battery-battle.jpg?w=690

BTW, just so you know Duracell last longer than Energizer both great though.

Well Guess I will jump in the mix on the thread 2!! heck why not. First congrats NCS on a great year and making it this far but I feel your seasons ends where many have this year in Paul Ward Stadium. You will not face a team as physically imposing as the Stangs are and reality will reveal itself Friday night. The Stangs have handled 3 teams Lake Co., Union City, and West Carroll that probably, obviously my opinion, would have been in the quarters or semis themselves in that quad by scores of 50-15, 63-27 and 37-6. I see where you guys have some speed but I would bet Lake Co. and Union City had as much or more overall team speed as NCS. As far as the comment of catching the speed, to have to catch it the speed has to get started. That is the problem. The physical play in the trenches will keep that from happening and the ability of the Stangs to dominate time of possession on offense will wear you down. I know how they physically handled my Falcons and Swo said they did the same to the Tornadoes so expect much the same Friday night. My pick, close early 21-7 at half, Stangs pully away in 2nd half 42-14 Huntingdon. Good luck stangs bring the gold back west!