CAK (12-1) vs Elizabethton (11-2)

Govolsknox

e

I would venture to say, you may have the best pass blocking offensive line in the State. I also would agree with the "let down" from the last three weeks of football. What amazes me, is how injury free (exception- Howell) it has been. Three extremely physical weeks of full four quarter football (especially guys going both ways). A truly amazing group of young men. i am just happy Maryville did not have you on the schedule. You are a scary team to play at any level.

By the way, how did Kingston hold you to 23 points?

Thats a big compliment OH76, thank you! But we all know Maryville sets the standard for all of us, on and off the field. No grand allusions on our part about us vs. the Rebels. But we sure do admire your staff, players, fans and program. :thumb: The "injury free" issue can be a bit misleading. D.Howell has the most visible injury since he is having to wear a cast, but any affect it has had on him is barely noticeable, he is one tough hombre and a fierce competitor. We have some others who have been dinged up since the first Alcoa game and they are just playing through it (I'm not going to "out them" at this time) ha. Coach Bradley has done a very good job of managing this with his rotations. We all know that we need our offensive players to play on defense in order for us to win, but we also need them to be as healthy as possible. Thats the kanundran we have faced since week 0 and why our defensive performance and stats have been all over the place this season. Regarding Kingston, I'll PM you on the + board. :D

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say you can tell when your QB runs....i said you cab tell who he is giving it to as soon as its snapped and exactly where its going....and also I'm not saying that you're backs are not good...you have to be good to get almost 4k rushing....but I'm saying if CAK can see where is going every play and stop up that hole and make them bounce it outside i think Betsy is in trouble.

I do not think we they have ever tried to hide where its going. And i totally disagree on the if its bounced out side we would be in trouble i believe it would be the opposite cak would be in trouble.

Love the Cyclones Confidence! Praying for the Lord to provide a cold, rainy night would help, I think?

Best hope for a win, would be if Charlie High misses getting on the bus to the Betsy.

I am guessing CAK & Co. will put 50 + on the board.

How much the Cyclones put up will be determined by Bradley's decision to go with the same defensive personnel he did with Alcoa. I suspect he will make that choice as the game progresses.

CAK's linemen are giants, High will have all night to pick the defense apart.

Talk about confidence, maybe we should go ahead and just forfeit this one. I guarantee you CAK is in for a tough night. You wont have time to put 50 on the board, because we will pound the ball all night. Good luck and we'll be seein ya Friday night. GO CYCLONES!!!!

P.S. SLIGHT CHANCE FOR A SHOWER!!

Talk about confidence, maybe we should go ahead and just forfeit this one. I guarantee you CAK is in for a tough night. You wont have time to put 50 on the board, because we will pound the ball all night. Good luck and we'll be seein ya Friday night. GO CYCLONES!!!!

What you don't think Alcoa can pound the ball?? They stopped them....and i have a strong feeling Alcoa is a little better at it then Betsy

I didn't say you can tell when your QB runs....i said you cab tell who he is giving it to as soon as its snapped and exactly where its going....and also I'm not saying that you're backs are not good...you have to be good to get almost 4k rushing....but I'm saying if CAK can see where is going every play and stop up that hole and make them bounce it outside i think Betsy is in trouble.

wE BEEN DOING IT ALL YEAR LONG. I GUESS NONE OF OUR COACHES AROUND HERE NOTICED THAT BUT FROM WHAT I'M HEARING CAK'S COACH SHOULD BE COACHING IN THE PRO'S BY NOW. GO CYCLONES!!!1

wE BEEN DOING IT ALL YEAR LONG. I GUESS NONE OF OUR COACHES AROUND HERE NOTICED THAT BUT FROM WHAT I'M HEARING CAK'S COACH SHOULD BE COACHING IN THE PRO'S BY NOW. GO CYCLONES!!!1

You seem to be getting a little testy... Just please take notice that it is non-CAK fans that are making these statements. The CAK players, coaches, and supporters all have the utmost respect for Coach Witten and the Elizabethton team. If you have made it this far, you're a good team, no question about it. I've never been to a game at Elizabethton but I hear it is a stellar environment, and seeing as how its the only game being played in the Eastern time zone, I'm hoping its going to be a packed house. What kind of number are the Elizabethton faithful expecting as it pertains to attendance?

What you don't think Alcoa can pound the ball?? They stopped them....and i have a strong feeling Alcoa is a little better at it then Betsy

i guess we will just have to see friday night, nobody knows what will happen til the games played but I just hope for a great injury free game and pray for safe travels for everyone. I enjoy talkin back and forth, its all for fun. GO CYCLONES!!!

You seem to be getting a little testy... Just please take notice that it is non-CAK fans that are making these statements. The CAK players, coaches, and supporters all have the utmost respect for Coach Witten and the Elizabethton team. If you have made it this far, you're a good team, no question about it. I've never been to a game at Elizabethton but I hear it is a stellar environment, and seeing as how its the only game being played in the Eastern time zone, I'm hoping its going to be a packed house. What kind of number are the Elizabethton faithful expecting as it pertains to attendance?

No i just enjoy the talk on here its all fun. It seems you all have alot of fans from all around CAK. That says alot for your program. No doubt CAK is great. We have a huge fan base and almost our entire home side is generally full but lately its been so cold alot of the older folks stay home. Not sure number wise. We have one section on the visitor side that alot of our fans use. I'm hoping for a big night. The stadium is right in the middle of a older neighborhood and it's hard to find parking so come early. Look forward to a great game. GO CYCLONES!!!

Should be a huge crowd Coach. Its the only game in the area and I'm sure alot of people just wants to see what a 4000 yard passer looks like. You're offense is fun to watch and I like the running back,that boy is a hoss on both sides of the ball.

Just so you know, Oldhick is not a CAK fan. Just a neutral observer's opinion.

I am a fan of many teams but a relative works @ CAK.I look forward to a great game.I'm a Warrior fan first and foremost but cheer for the other guys great players too.I must say my brother and I went up a few years back to see Alcoa play there.Alcoa still contends the refs are in the back pocket at Betsy but I didn't see that.What I seen was each and every person from there I met to be super nice beyond words.I also seen pretty much every house with a Cyclones go sign in the window.People came up to my brother and myself and engaged in conversation asking us where we were from and guessed we were Alcoa fans though we were for both teams.Anyways it was very cold(we are from Chicago) and these nice people invited us to their front yard,let us use the bathroom and we enjoyed their bonfire and met many nice people.we roasted marshmallows,had hot cider and coco and popcorn.they wouldn't take money but I gave a 5er to the little kids to enjoy.The Betsy fans really impressed me.I can't wait to come back.I hope they will have programs and t-shirts.I still have the paper and stuff I got there last time they gave out.Beautiful area.I also enjoyed the funny stories about Happy Valley from the Cyclone fans lol but they did like the Rangers