CAK (12-1) vs Elizabethton (11-2)

Govolsknox

To each their own. I admit that I am old school and I don't care for the cocky, in your face type of pregame antics. I'll just say this. Trust me. You are going to get all of CAK that you want. You don't need to get any extra from taunting a group of young men that are not at liberty to taunt back. That will not work out in the Cyclones favor.

What channel Sunday again? Or At least Saturday. They gotta be playing one of the two.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What channel Sunday again? Or At least Saturday. They gotta be playing one of the two.

Some Warriors will be playing on Saturday. It remains to be seen if any will be playing on Sunday. I'll be interested to hear your comments this Saturday morning. I predict at some point, you will come out with what you really want to say, probably on Saturday, if not sooner.

Edited by Govolsknox

CAK is the underdog...otherwise this would be a home game for them? Betsy is seeded higher for a reason!

Maybe underdog by seed but everyone in the state that follows HS football knows that CAK is favored in this one and EHS is the true underdog in this game. The defending state champs are not under dogs against a team who hasn't been to the championship in years.

Maybe underdog by seed but everyone in the state that follows HS football knows that CAK is favored in this one and EHS is the true underdog in this game. The defending state champs are not under dogs against a team who hasn't been to the championship in years.

You just said that those that do the seeding don't follow/know HS Football. I agree, this should be a CAK home game!

To each their own. I admit that I am old school and I don't care for the cocky, in your face type of pregame antics. I'll just say this. Trust me. You are going to get all of CAK that you want. You don't need to get any extra from taunting a group of young men that are not at liberty to taunt back. That will not work out in the Cyclones favor.

The coaches at EHS still let the kids do their chanting before the game because it gets them fired up. They have instructed the players to move away from the 50 yard line though so it doesn't seem like a taunt. For those that don't understand, the chant started a few years ago during a conference game when Coach Witten told the players that they needed to "run their own ship." He was trying to get them to dictate their own style of play and not settle into allowing the opponent to decide how the game would be played.

The coaches at EHS still let the kids do their chanting before the game because it gets them fired up. They have instructed the players to move away from the 50 yard line though so it doesn't seem like a taunt. For those that don't understand, the chant started a few years ago during a conference game when Coach Witten told the players that they needed to "run their own ship." He was trying to get them to dictate their own style of play and not settle into allowing the opponent to decide how the game would be played.

I love pre-game rituals and things that fire up the team and crowd. I'm sure Coach Witten's message was meant to inspire his team and not taunt the other team, but the players must not have understood that a few years ago. :D Pre-game chants, like Alcoa's Too Hype, can be done without being in the opponents face at mid-field. CAK has a pretty inspirational chant as well, but they do it privately inside the inflatable helmet. Happy to hear the Cyclones have made that adjustment, but I wouldn't mind at all tonight if they did a little taunting pre-game to help focus our troops. But I doubt anything needs to occur for these 2 teams to be ready to play tonight. This should be a barn burner.

if you had beat the alluninm company of America the first time, it would have been.

I definitely agree. Admittedly, I'm a bit bitter over the seeding from when they first came out and am only bothered because I think this can be the difference in a game of this magnitude. It worried me when I first saw the seedings, and it worries me even more today now that it's come to fruition.

Good luck tonight. I'll be praying for an injury free game. I hope both teams play their best, and the best team wins.

Peace!