CAK (12-1) vs Elizabethton (11-2)

Govolsknox

Very entertaining game. Big W for the Warriors, heart breaker for Betsy. They played hard. Big loss for CAK losing Rathbone with broken ankle. A bit sloppier at times for the Warriors than I would have liked. No style points tonight. Congrats to all the players for a hard fought game. :thumb:

How did Betsy compare to Alcoa?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I hope we were able to back up all the talk about our run game

imho....If you have linemen coming back or up and coming to help them out, I think your running game (especially the QB and #28) have a good chance of getting you into the championship game next year or year after.....

Edited by BRPro

Great game! Congratulations to CAK for holiding on and to Betsy for never quitting. Howell and Smith were awesome. The best one two receiver tandem I have ever seen on one team. Betsy ran all over CAK and the big linemen were really struggling late, but the gutsy field goal iced it. If Betsy had of held on to a couple of those picks, it would have really been interesting. I also would have liked to have seen a few more blitzes, but you have to choose your poison. I hope CAK is not too beat up to win next week. They knew they were in a game tonight. Ethan Thomas is a man.

How did Betsy compare to Alcoa?

I thought Betsy represented themselves very well. They did a better job getting pressure on CH than Alcoa in my opinion while Alcoa was more physical overall. Hard to give an outright comparison from the sense that we know what to expect from Alcoa and vise versa, while Betsy was a bit of a mystery to start with. The Cyclones could have won tonight if they had taken advantage of CAK's "almost" turnovers. It is really rare for the Warriors to give an opponent that many opportunities like we did tonight.

Also I hope we were able to back up all the talk about our run game

Great run game, but I honestly expected it. Playing with our D most of the year it has been like playing tennis, we just try to break serve one or two times and then hold on. We had been playing better on defense as of late, but that wasn't the case tonight. Very poor tackling on CAK's part. But yes, Betsy has a run game to be proud of.

good luck next week CAK...great season Betsy, see you guys next season...." welcome back betsy"

Thanks BVD. We are banged up, beat up, and down right worn out after the past several weeks. If I were coach I would get some massage therapists over to the training room, some good food and good music and give them Monday and Tuesday off. We know what Milan is going to do, run it right at us. We need to physically and emotionally rest and heal.

If Betsy gets those turnovers this game would have been a different game in my opinion but we didn't take it vantage of them and I also wish the last kickoff we would have kicked it deep and not give them a short field.I am vey proud of this group of cyclones and they showed a lot of pride all year long.