CAK (12-1) vs Elizabethton (11-2)

Govolsknox

Yep you was correct you would hear from me Saturday morning. So here goes.

Great ball game on both sides Good luck in the Championship.

It seemed to me those were some real classy players CAK has as well as Elizabethton. Was a good clean game and Fun to watch. I was very impressed with the CAK passing ability but even more impressed with the class the kids played with good job. We will be pulling for you next week

PS probably not what you expected but hey. Didn't you know everybody's teams the best at times we let words over shadow our intentions and say things we should not. Sometimes its taken wrong or even sometimes meant to be dis respectful. The one thing in all honesty last night that stood out to me was the way these kids played as hard as they could as physical as possible with determination to end one another's season. Yet after each play was able to lend a hand to their opponent and pick them back up. Good Job Bettsy good job CAK. not only am I impressed with both teams football abilities. But am just as much impressed with their compassion for the game and each other. So no need for some old foggy like me get upset over some post on a message board that really in the end has not one bit of meaning other than just like the song "boys of fall" ole men thinking they know it all. These kids last night taught me a life lesson. So any stupid posts I made out of frustration or just simply being a idiot. I apologize to all of you.

Good Luck next week and in the future.

Edited by Woodby30

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EHS had the ball almost the whole 2nd half and scored that is about the only way you can stop CAK. The PI on CAK was big but #25 dropped a TD on the next play and I bet he never does that. EHS had their chance when CAK had it 4th and 1 but the QB gained 2 yards and then the clock was running low. CAK's coach had a brain freeze moment at the end of the game. If he ran the ball and then kicked a fg EHS would have had around 20 seconds if he would have missed but instead he passed and left 44 seconds but the kid made the fg so it did not matter this game but might be something to look for if the game is close next week. EHS played great the 2nd half but the 1st half they dug to big of hole. I just hope Thomas stays healthy because he is very good but he runs so hard every play he has to be black and blue every week and can barely walk on the weekends.

EHS is done with CAK and Alcoa which I am sure they are happy about. Instead they get Greeneville, Fulton, Carter and Catholic and I am sure one of them will be loaded.

EHS had the ball almost the whole 2nd half and scored that is about the only way you can stop CAK. The PI on CAK was big but #25 dropped a TD on the next play and I bet he never does that. EHS had their chance when CAK had it 4th and 1 but the QB gained 2 yards and then the clock was running low. CAK's coach had a brain freeze moment at the end of the game. If he ran the ball and then kicked a fg EHS would have had around 20 seconds if he would have missed but instead he passed and left 44 seconds but the kid made the fg so it did not matter this game but might be something to look for if the game is close next week. EHS played great the 2nd half but the 1st half they dug to big of hole. I just hope Thomas stays healthy because he is very good but he runs so hard every play he has to be black and blue every week and can barely walk on the weekends.

EHS is done with CAK and Alcoa which I am sure they are happy about. Instead they get Greeneville, Fulton, Carter and Catholic and I am sure one of them will be loaded.

Catholic moves down to us next year...

It seemed to me those were some real classy players CAK has as well as Elizabethton. Was a good clean game and Fun to watch. I was very impressed with the CAK passing ability but even more impressed with the class the kids played with good job. We will be pulling for you next week

PS probably not what you expected but hey. Didn't you know everybody's teams the best at times we let words over shadow our intentions and say things we should not. Sometimes its taken wrong or even sometimes meant to be dis respectful. The one thing in all honesty last night that stood out to me was the way these kids played as hard as they could as physical as possible with determination to end one another's season. Yet after each play was able to lend a hand to their opponent and pick them back up. Good Job Bettsy good job CAK. not only am I impressed with both teams football abilities. But am just as much impressed with their compassion for the game and each other. So no need for some old foggy like me get upset over some post on a message board that really in the end has not onehese kids last night taught me a life lesson. So any stupid posts I made out of frustration or just simply being a idiot. I apologize to all of you.

Great post, and well said! Best of luck to ETown next year. Truly enjoyed my visit to Betsy last night. Excellent atmosphere!

PS probably not what you expected but hey. Didn't you know everybody's teams the best at times we let words over shadow our intentions and say things we should not. Sometimes its taken wrong or even sometimes meant to be dis respectful. The one thing in all honesty last night that stood out to me was the way these kids played as hard as they could as physical as possible with determination to end one another's season. Yet after each play was able to lend a hand to their opponent and pick them back up. Good Job Bettsy good job CAK. not only am I impressed with both teams football abilities. But am just as much impressed with their compassion for the game and each other. So no need for some old foggy like me get upset over some post on a message board that really in the end has not onehese kids last night taught me a life lesson. So any stupid posts I made out of frustration or just simply being a idiot. I apologize to all of you.

I concur with GVK, very good post :thumb: I would have been just as disappointed as Betsy fan is today if we had lost last night, but in the end, both teams played valiantly, represented themselves and their schools well and played in a manner that showed respect for the great sport of football and for each other.

I concur with GVK, very good post :thumb: I would have been just as disappointed as Betsy fan is today if we had lost last night, but in the end, both teams played valiantly, represented themselves and their schools well and played in a manner that showed respect for the great sport of football and for each other.

Footballdad i'm tryin to talk my wife into takin a little trip to cookville next week. Hope to see ya there. GO CAK !!!

Great game to watch last night.I thought it would be much more one sided with the CAK passing game,but Elizabethton really ran the ball well.I thought the 15 yard penalty and the missed chances to get turnovers in the first half broke Elizabethtons back,but they fought hard and had a chance in the end.Tha one catch by Smith(I think was his name #25}was something special,when he just caught it with his left hand for CAK.I really wanted to see Elizabethton drop a linebacker a little more to try and stop number 16 from getting all those catches,but there is a reason CAK has one of the best passing attacks in the state's history.They can do so many more things

Elizabethton will play in the 4A playoffs next season, and so will Catholic

I'm confused. Is CAK playing Catholic next year? I was under the impression 'we' were losing two schools (Stone Memorial and Loudon) and gaining 1 new school in our district (Catholic)?

I read the info on TSSAA's official site but also several random interweb articles said the same thing: http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/nov/15/loudon-moved-to-district-5-aa-alcoas-gary-rankin/