BIG 7 CONFERENCE 2013

ArtVandalay

Let's get the talk started for next season for DISTRICT 1 AAA - THE BIG SEVEN CONFERENCE

Memebers: DANIEL BOONE, DAVID CROCKETT, DOBYNS-BENNETT, SCIENCE HILL, SULLIVAN CENTRAL, TENNESSEE HIGH, VOLUNTEER

We loose Sullivan South to District 1 AA. So most teams will have to replace that game on their schedule. I just heard South AD Anthony Richardson say that their 4 non-conference games next year will be: DANIEL BOONE, TENNESSEE HIGH, GATE CITY and they are talking to Middlesboro, KY and Greeneville. He did mention that the Rebels will not be playing DB any more.

So with that, DB will have 2 new games on their schedule next year, replacing: Sullivan South, Clinton. I am glad to drop both.

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science Hill's OOC games this past year were Greeneville, M. West, and Elizabethton.

The Elizabethton game has been around for decades and isn't going anywhere. I don't think SH gains anything by playing Greeneville and Morristown West anymore. It's time for the Hill to up the competition.

Science Hill's OOC games this past year were Greeneville, M. West, and Elizabethton.

The Elizabethton game has been around for decades and isn't going anywhere. I don't think SH gains anything by playing Greeneville and Morristown West anymore. It's time for the Hill to up the competition.

To who? that's the best OOC in this area they can get. And SH wants zero part in having to travel to knoxville. Costs way too much money to make that attractive, and with them having to play DB away again next year they will be losing out on that fat gate two years in a row. What SH has to gain in playing MW & Gville is the boosted gate from two schools that have great fan bases that travel and two very good football teams that help SH get better.

Edited by Quasar

To who? that's the best OOC in this area they can get. And SH wants zero part in having to travel to knoxville. Costs way too much money to make that attractive, and with them having to play DB away again next year they will be losing out on that fat gate two years in a row. What SH has to gain in playing MW & Gville is the boosted gate from two schools that have great fan bases that travel and two very good football teams that help SH get better.

We have to play DB away again?? What the heck

It was voted on to redraw the schedule. And magically, SHvsDB was the last game and magically it was at DB again. Some AD(s) in the conf need to grow a pair.

That's strange although I know THS and Elizabethton drew Week 2 a few times in a row back in the MLC years. Now if Boone and Crockett are still playing in Week 10 it may be that a few AD's are bending the rules for others' requests.

VHS is a lock for Tennessee and it sounds like South is on the schedule. I doubt Tennessee will renew the series with Jefferson County. The AD at Johnson County has zero reasons to renew their series with Tennessee High, would be foolish to do so.

I have no idea who the Vikes will get to fill the other two slots. East is an option, but it seems they've went back to their old ways since they dropped the series back in '10. Betsy used to be their money game. North or Cherokee would be my other guesses. Wouldn't mind John Battle if they could maintain the success they have right now. But I believe THS could handle them this year despite their great season.

I was speaking without any regard for economics and from a purely competitive standpoint. Economically, they will probably end up keeping them on the schedule. But, like DB, SH needs to face tougher competition in the regular season in order to build a strong team that can compete in the playoffs.

There are teams in and around Knoxville (see waco's list above, except Maryville and Alcoa) that could give SH a needed tough game. In the past, SH has also gone to the Chattanooga area (Ooltewah, Bradley Central, McMinn County) for a game. But again, money is a factor.

It was voted on to redraw the schedule. And magically, SHvsDB was the last game and magically it was at DB again. Some AD(s) in the conf need to grow a pair.

Last time they redid the schedule, SH was favored and had two home games back to back in this series. It all works out eventually.

Edited by voltnh