Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

Oak Ridge dresses out around 80 10th-12th graders today for the first day of spring practice. Last year we had 55 on the varsity. Joe's ability to relate to young kids hasn't waned in the least bit over the years.

We still have some kids running track as well.

Edited by SweetScience

That's great to hear SS. I'm out of town and won't be back until the weekend. Is there much talent out there? Much speed? What does the QB situation look like?

I wasn't there Ridge...Just talked to a kid on the team that i know. Said it went great. Numbers are wayyyyy up and it's only spring. Jaylin Henderson (real good basketball player for OR) is back on the team after sitting out last year. He was going to be the QB in waiting i though when Zulliger and Rian left, but he sat out last year. I would think him and a kid named Gered Young are the frontrunners for QB.

Edited by SweetScience

What about running back? What offense are we running? Are we scrimmaging anyone?

Michael Rowe will probably be your starting RB..Upcoming JR, maybe along with Kevin Steen..Another b-ball player that sat out last year who was a RB his Soph yr before quitting the team last year. Adam manookian a rising sophomore may see time there too, just have to see. Joe has said we will be running the spread, so look for it to be very similar to what we have ran under Blade the past few years. Blake Goins will probably be the go to receiver this year. Not sure about a tight-end..Maybe an H-back or something? No scrimmages yet that i am aware of. Joe said we would probably have a cardinal and grey scrimmage (intra-squad)

Edited by SweetScience

SS, it was good to see that many kids back out on the practice field. Joe was fired up, he's still got it.

I think Jared Young can handle qb. He's not a game breaker, but he's very steady smart won't get you beat type player.

Yes, there is some skill out there. RB and wide receivers will include Goins, Henderson, Hardy, Hall, Rowe, Steen, Manookian, Warrington. It's a nice mix to work with.

SS, it was good to see that many kids back out on the practice field. Joe was fired up, he's still got it.

I think Jared Young can handle qb. He's not a game breaker, but he's very steady smart won't get you beat type player.

Yes, there is some skill out there. RB and wide receivers will include Goins, Henderson, Hardy, Hall, Rowe, Steen, Manookian, Warrington. It's a nice mix to work with.

Yeah, i like Gered..I watched him in a few JV games last year. He always seems to be in the right place on defense, too. Him and Richard Turner are similar in the secondary, and may start back there together. Neither is a burner or anything, but not out of position very often at all. I forgot about Warrington. Last i saw him he was hobbling around. Is he fully healed?

Watch for a young darkhorse no one has ever heard of for the QB position (not Warrington). Maybe a soph. that played for another school last year. Also heard of a massive lineman from another school. Big turnout at practice of all the best 8th graders even though they can't participate. Gaddis performing magic.

Watch for a young darkhorse no one has ever heard of for the QB position (not Warrington). Maybe a soph. that played for another school last year. Also heard of a massive lineman from another school. Big turnout at practice of all the best 8th graders even though they can't participate. Gaddis performing magic.

Who? What? lol Dang, your always bringing up these guys i don't know about and gets me all excited lol..Elaborate :)