Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

Great. Thank ya, sir. Will it be 1st team offense vs 1st team defense i'm assuming? And is it just me or are our RB's tiny looking? Rowe looks about 140 soaking wet. Maybe it's just me.

Rowe is fairly small. To be honest, I'm not sure who all is working at RB. Based on last year's roster, Ricky Chitwood and Riley Meyers are good size RB's, but they may have been moved elsewhere. My kid is a TE/DE so the times I have been at practice, I've been over with the linemen. I so feel pretty confident that we have a lot of good athletes at skill positions. Several kids that can be plugged in at different places.

Rowe is fairly small. To be honest, I'm not sure who all is working at RB. Based on last year's roster, Ricky Chitwood and Riley Meyers are good size RB's, but they may have been moved elsewhere. My kid is a TE/DE so the times I have been at practice, I've been over with the linemen. I so feel pretty confident that we have a lot of good athletes at skill positions. Several kids that can be plugged in at different places.

Meyer has been moved to WR from what i have seen. That one baffles me. He has a RB build. Not sure what's up with that choice, but i wont question it being the staff knows more then i'll ever know. Rowe has a lot of speed and he is gonna need it with how little he is. Idk anything about Chitwood..#20 looks like a good athlete who is working at RB. The scrimmage should tell a little bit.

I'm not sure who's who out there because I don't know their numbers but I'm not too worried about the size of a running back back if he can run, unless of course he's 120 pounds. I'll be out there today. I'm much more interested in who the QB is going to be than in the size of our runners.

Size may not be everything, but at the RB position you take a pounding week in and week out, so if we have a kid that's 140 and fast then i'd rather have a kid that is 180 and average speed. Speed may be good, but the guy is eventually gonna get hit and get hit often, which means a kid that size is much more prone to injury then a bigger kid. I think Rowe will be good, i just hope he puts on some added weight and muscle during the offeseason. He is gonna need it in a 10 game season.

Edited by SweetScience

Size may not be everything, but at the RB position you take a pounding week in and week out, so if we have a kid that's 140 and fast then i'd rather have a kid that is 180 and average speed. Speed may be good, but the guy is eventually gonna get hit and get hit often, which means a kid that size is much more prone to injury then a bigger kid. I think Rowe will be good, i just hope he puts on some added weight and muscle during the offeseason. He is gonna need it in a 10 game season.

Ten games? Where's the optimism?

I forgot about the early start on Wednesday and didn't see much today. I talked to a friend who saw the whole scrimmage and said it looked like Gaddis was determined to get everyone a chance to play. The guy I talked to said we looked good early and then got sloppy at the end. Lots of enthusiasm. Can't wait until the season.

I forgot about the early start on Wednesday and didn't see much today. I talked to a friend who saw the whole scrimmage and said it looked like Gaddis was determined to get everyone a chance to play. The guy I talked to said we looked good early and then got sloppy at the end. Lots of enthusiasm. Can't wait until the season.

We have a lot of good athletes..#1 #20 #36 #23 #9 #6 #21 and even #5 looks like a pretty good athlete. #14 is also fast and a good athlete. Gered Young is a lot better athlete then some may have thought. He showed off his speed today a few times and he has good lateral movement as well. It'll be tough for somebody to unseat him at the QB position come fall time. Our D needs some help, but a lot of the kids who were playing on offense will be on the defense too i'd say so it's hard to gauge really what the D will look like by today's scrimmage. Where was Turner? I didn't see him out there and where did Payne Adkins go to from last year? He started on the O-Line last year, or did he switch numbers? Also, is Clement still out?

We have a lot of good athletes..#1 #20 #36 #23 #9 #6 #21 and even #5 looks like a pretty good athlete. #14 is also fast and a good athlete. Gered Young is a lot better athlete then some may have thought. He showed off his speed today a few times and he has good lateral movement as well. It'll be tough for somebody to unseat him at the QB position come fall time. Our D needs some help, but a lot of the kids who were playing on offense will be on the defense too i'd say so it's hard to gauge really what the D will look like by today's scrimmage. Where was Turner? I didn't see him out there and where did Payne Adkins go to from last year? He started on the O-Line last year, or did he switch numbers? Also, is Clement still out?

They ran 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team offense. They didn't really have a full defensive team on the field. Richard Turner was at Boys State this week. Payne Adkins quit, and Caleb Clement is limited following knee surgery in the off season.

Edited by 82Wildcat68

They ran 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team offense. They didn't really have a full defensive team on the field. Richard Turner was at Boys State this week. Payne Adkins quit, and Caleb Clement is limited following knee surgery in the off season.

Boys State? What's that? And why the heck would Adkins quit after being a starter last year plus all the excitement surrounding the program?! Wow.

Boys State? What's that? And why the heck would Adkins quit after being a starter last year plus all the excitement surrounding the program?! Wow.

Boys/Girls State is like a civic leadership camp. You get nominated by your school to attend, along with students from all over the state.

I'm not sure why Adkins quit, that's what I was told.