Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

Couldn't find any details on Thomas, but you are missing the most obvious Wildcat in the NFL.

Yes, i forgot Caldwell. I edited it already lol Thomas was an all american or Alll ACC while at Ga Tech, and was drafted by the Chiefs in 89 i think? Blew out his knee unfortunately and never was the same.

Edited by SweetScience

Bordinger, Don – Assistant (line coach) to Jack Armstrong from 1956-1968. Bordinger stopped coaching to concentrate on ORHS administration, eventually becoming principal

Don Bordinger (Isshinryu Hall of Fame inducted in 2007)

Don Bordinger began his Isshin-Ryu study with Master Harold Long in 1966, and later partnered with Mr. Long in a Dojo in Knoxville, TN. After long days in the dojo and numerous trips with Mr. Long to events around the country, Don was promoted by Mr. Long to the rank of Roku-Dan in 1984.

During those years, Don was a member of the I.I.K.A. Board of Directors, where he served as Secretary. As important as that was to him, nothing was more significant, however, than his involvement with this very organization. Don Bordinger wrote the Isshin-Ryu Hall of Fame Constitution and By Laws, and was later appointed as the Chairman of the Board and President of one of the most prestigious Isshin-Ryu organizations in the world…the Isshin-Ryu Hall of Fame.

During his tenure with the IHOF, Don assisted in the induction of Grand Master Tatsuo Shimabuku, Harold Long, Harold Mitchum, Don Nagle, Steve Armstrong, J.C. Burris and Denny Shaffer. Later, due to health reasons, Don Bordinger submitted his resignation to the Isshin-Ryu Hall of Fame and the IIKA Board in 1986. Over the next several years, Don continued to teach Isshin-Ryu Karate at the Paragon Health Club in Oak Ridge, TN, Webb School in Knoxville, TN and the Oak Ridge High School in Oak Ridge, TN.

Today, Don still actively teaches advanced Isshin-Ryu Karate techniques (many of the same techniques he and Mr. Long used to teach to law enforcement) to ranking students at the Roane School of Isshin-Ryu in Harriman, TN. He comes to the Dojo twice a month to work with Black Belts in the practice of Isshin-Ryu as well as the principles involved with Exercise Physiology (Don holds multiple credentials in Exercise Physiology).

Don was asked to rejoin the I.I.K.A. Board of Directors in January of 2004, which he did. Under his guidance, among other advances, the association’s Constitution has been rewritten and the By Laws are currently under revision. These changes are not restricted to the betterment of the I.I.K.A., but affect Isshin-Ryu overall. We have a renewed commitment to continue to teach pure, undiluted Isshin-Ryu the way Grand Master Tatsuo Shimabuku intended it to be taught. Don has been a passionate voice to accomplish this goal and has been a driving force in this effort.

Don has always been a competitor and a leader. As a young man he held multiple high school records in Discuss, Shot Put, football and boxing. From high school he entered the Marine Corps where he continued to earn distinction for his athletic prowess. Later, he attended the University of Tennessee on an Athletic Scholarship, where he played on the 1950 and 1951 National Championship football teams under General Neyland.

As an adult, Don served as the Assistant Football Coach for Oak Ridge High School in Oak Ridge, TN where, in 13 seasons, the team was reported to have been selected as State Champions in 1 or more poles 7 times. He also coached the first National High School Championship Team and the first All American. Later, Don served as Vice Principal and later Principal at the very same school for many years.

In 1985 Don was inducted into the Oak Ridge Sports Hall of Fame and then inducted into the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame in 1998.

Throughout his life, Don Bordinger has distinguished himself as a leader in not only karate but in athletic pursuits and his professional career. His roots in Isshin-Ryu run deep and his love of our art form is without equal. In honor of his continuing contribution to the I.I.K.A. and to Isshin-Ryu the I.I.K.A. Board promoted Don to the rank of Shichi-Dan in 2006. His quiet demeanor and humility are refreshing in today’s world, and reflect the true spirit and philosophy of the "one heart way."

All Content Is The Property Of The Isshinryu Hall Of Fame Inc. 2012

Edited by OR nole

I may be a transplant, but I have hundreds of pages of documents about OR football. If my sons were to be Wildcat's I wanted them to understand. As I type this I am watching 2005 OR vs McMinn Co. with the pup. Reminding him how Spencer played.

Awesome stuff, Nole. Unfortunately, i didn't get to see much of the 2005 season, although i went to the state title game and watched us get beaten by a team that i still think to this day we should've beaten. Just wasn't their night that night and i tip my hat to Ravenwood. They took the bull by the horns and took advantage of us not playing to our potential that night. I spent the years of 2002-2006 in the Military and served in Iraqi Freedom for most of that year. I got to see the Riverdale game and the state title game. The game against Riverdale was awesome and an awesome atmosphere that night. We took it to the Warriors and got some payback after all those years they had beaten us with them top notch teams Gary Rankin had there through the years. Rankin left for Alcoa after that season if i'm not mistaken? If not for Riverdale being so awesome the Cats would've had a few more titles in the 90's. I remember one year they had about 4 or 5 SEC players on their team in 1994, but we had 3 ourselves. I was in school from 94-97 and we had then probably the most "talent" to ever come though OR. 3 guys signed with SEC school in my class alone. Two with Bama and one with The Gators. When i was little i would cry when we would lose. I remember going to a game in the early 80s with my dad to see OR vs Farragut, one of the few times they beat us back then. I cried like a baby lol..Same thing with Central in 1990, they kicked our tails that year. We got payback twice the next year, though.

I may be a transplant, but I have hundreds of pages of documents about OR football. If my sons were to be Wildcat's I wanted them to understand. As I type this I am watching 2005 OR vs McMinn Co. with the pup. Reminding him how Spencer played.

Spencer was/IS special. As a fan of a team that lost to him I will say it was a pleasure to watch the Brothers. Young man played with the heart of an 8 foot man EVERY game.

He was bad! We need another one like him soon.

Talk to Nole about that. Spencer and Summers were of the exact same cloth. Both played both ways and both were the best players on both sides of the ball on their respective teams. Summers still edges him by a bit in my book, though. To me Summers is the best we have had there hands down. I dont remember Summers exact numbers in the 91 Central playoff game, but they were close to this. 150+ yards rushing and 20+ tackles on defense. He was a MAN.

Edited by SweetScience

The diff between them was that Summers had an outstanding team and Coaching staff around him for his last two years. JMO but the 04 And 05 teams were very good but not on the same level. Summers played tougher comp.but had a better supporting cast. That gives Spencer the slight edge In my book.

Talk to Nole about that. Spencer and Summers were of the exact same cloth. Both played both ways and both were the best players on both sides of the ball on their respective teams. Summers still edges him by a bit in my book, though. To me Summers is the best we have had there hands down. I dont remember Summers exact numbers in the 91 Central playoff game, but they were close to this. 150+ yards rushing and 20+ tackles on defense. He was a MAN.

Maybe we can discuss comparisons in a few years. I do know MANY people very close to the program have made a lot of comparisons to Gulmire and the pup. I would sound insane if I said the things I've been told. We'll see. LOTS of great players coming up.