Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

Everybody bemoans the fact we lost 23 seniors. I'm not saying it will be easy by any stretch. But, last years JV beat everyone they played except Maryville. Plus, it looks like several of the rising Sophomores will be good athletes. If we can get past Farragut (Gaddis didn't lose but 1 opening game in 10 years last time in Oak Ridge), we will have a couple of weeks to iron out the kinks before MC.

Everybody bemoans the fact we lost 23 seniors. I'm not saying it will be easy by any stretch. But, last years JV beat everyone they played except Maryville. Plus, it looks like several of the rising Sophomores will be good athletes. If we can get past Farragut (Gaddis didn't lose but 1 opening game in 10 years last time in Oak Ridge), we will have a couple of weeks to iron out the kinks before MC.

Yes, while we lost a lot of good players their are other teams going through the same adversities. Everybody else while they may not be losing AS MUCH as us, but we are all in the same position. Graduation is part of HS football. Always has been, always will be. This may tick off some AC fans, but i can't see Gaddis losing to them. He will stress that game more then Blade did,as well as Farragut. And if somebody tells him how Mcminn County played us in 2011 he will stress that one, too lol Gaddis will have this team playing with a lot more pride this coming year, i believe.

Edited by SweetScience

Yes, while we lost a lot of good players their are other teams going through the same adversities. Everybody else while they may not be losing AS MUCH as us, but we are all in the same position. Graduation is part of HS football. Always has been, always will be. This may tick off some AC fans, but i can't see Gaddis losing to them. He will stress that game more then Blade did,as well as Farragut. And if somebody tells him how Mcminn County played us in 2011 he will stress that one, too lol Gaddis will have this team playing with a lot more pride this coming year, i believe.

So, now Spring practice is over. There may still be a few comments about spring practice. But really, what will we talk about until the fall. When I have the time, I plan to comment on strange facts, odd stories, or just Oak Ridge football history. I have only been here since 2001, so my information comes from books, internet, or handed down stories. Would love for native Oak Ridgers to take the time to teach me Wildcat history over the summer.

First time. Did you know that legendary Wildcat coach Emory Hale, just 47 years old, was named the Maryville High School head coach just a couple of weeks after a young Joe Gaddis was named head coach of Oak Ridge in 1988. Strange timing. For good or bad, Wildcat history very easily could have been different. I wonder if Hale applied for the Oak Ridge job.

Edited by OR nole

So, now Spring practice is over. There may still be a few comments about spring practice. But really, what will we talk about until the fall. When I have the time, I plan to comment on strange facts, odd stories, or just Oak Ridge football history. I have only been here since 2001, so my information comes from books, internet, or handed down stories. Would love for native Oak Ridgers to take the time to teach me Wildcat history over the summer.

First time. Did you know that legendary Wildcat coach Emory Hale, just 47 years old, was named the Maryville High School head coach just a couple of weeks after a young Joe Gaddis was named head coach of Oak Ridge in 1988. Strange timing. For good or bad, Wildcat history very easily could have been different. I wonder if Hale applied for the Oak Ridge job.

I have also wondered if Hale applied for the job in 1988. Would've been tough for the administration to turn him down if he did after what he accomplished while at Oak Ridge in his tenure here. I'm a 3rd generation Wildcat fan and alumni, i am pretty knowledgeable about Wildcats history, although i'm sure others that are older then me are even more so. Nole, did you know i believe in 1962 the Jack Armstrong coached Wildcats hosted Johnson City Science Hill and a young QB named Steve Spurrier @ Blankenship Field? Oak Ridge won the game 20-19 and went on to win the state championship that year. My dad has told me before that he has heard Spurrier say that that loss to Oak Ridge still stings him more then any other loss he ever had at any level. Good stuff.