Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

This horse is a bloody pulp and is starting to stink. Just like everyone else, I thinks it's a raw deal for these coaches. For them, and the rep of the system and the good of the program, I hope it all gets worked out. However, if not, let's move on. Everyone talks like we are coming off a losing season.

We won 10 games last year, with basically the staff we have now with a couple of exceptions, and the coaches that left have been back filled with good coaches with the exception of Saunders....we still need a kicking coach. We have good players that are disciplined and working hard in the off season. Last years JV won every game except Maryville. We have a good freshmen class coming up that will play a part in 2014.

The future is bright. Lets get excited about what happens in 58 days from tonight, and quit whining about this.

Totally agree. If there is something you can do to help the cause, please do. If not, let's move on. Very good staff as is. Could certainly get better if everything works out. On to some football.

So, who do you guys see as a good offensive line? Bet Gaddis talks the center into coming back.

Heard that Saunders was being asked to come back and coach kickers for Joe.

Joe pushed hard for Saunders to come back. Coach Saunders told me personally he would help in summer but he was already planning on traveling with his wife in the fall and he wasn't coming back. 30+ years was enough.

I have been told by the father of one of the kickers that Mckever Marlar was going to help coach the kickers.

Joe pushed hard for Saunders to come back. Coach Saunders told me personally he would help in summer but he was already planning on traveling with his wife in the fall and he wasn't coming back. 30+ years was enough.

I have been told by the father of one of the kickers that Mckever Marlar was going to help coach the kickers.

Now that would be great. Him and his brother Grainger were two of the best kickers OR has ever known.

Preseason coaches poll from Murphyfair.com

Class 5A (Top 10 teams)

1. Beech

2. Columbia Central

3. Henry County

4. Ridgeway

5. Knoxville West

6. Ooltewah

7. Oak Ridge

8. Lenoir City

9. Cleveland (tie)

10. East Hamilton (tie)

82. You seem pretty knowledgeable about this team. What players will be your surprise players this year?

Preseason coaches poll from Murphyfair.com

Class 5A (Top 10 teams)

1. Beech

2. Columbia Central

3. Henry County

4. Ridgeway

5. Knoxville West

6. Ooltewah

7. Oak Ridge

8. Lenoir City

9. Cleveland (tie)

10. East Hamilton (tie)

I'm a little surprised that we're even in the preseason top ten but I'm glad and I hope they're right.