Dresden Lions 2013

TNFootball

Guest hevyrevy1611

How many times and how far back has Dresden even played Huntingdon?

First game between Lions and Mustangs was 1933, Dresden won 14-13. And SINCE THEN has only won two more times with one tie, while Huntingdon beat Lions 14 times in all, including SEVEN STRAIGHT!!! Mustangs have 14-3-1 record over Lions since 1933. About time for a Popeye the Sailor moment and open up some spinach.. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND ENOUGH IS TOOO MUCH! Gut check time Lions! To be da man ya gotta beat da man, and these awesome Stangs have beaten you too much for too long. Beat these bullies of yours who "own you", and this Lions team will never be the same. DO IT LIONS.... DO IT! ARRRGGGG! :)

Guest hevyrevy1611

Earlier I had said Dresden was 1-6 since 1993, but the stats page did not list 2012 season. Dresden received its first ever #1 ranking in state at last of 2012 regular season, then went to Huntingdon and got spanked in the bitter cold rain. So it is 7 straight beat downs the Lions have suffered at hands of Mustangs ... will it be 8, or will Dresden say ENOUGH and earn the win? Of course I'm going with Lions! One year I'll be right! Ha!

Wow, don't let ya'll record against the donkeys get to looking like ours does!!!! One thing is sure this year, Huntingdon has progressed into a very worthy opponent. Do some serious work on the passing game...........ya'll gonna need it when you meet the Donkeys. You won't run it down their throat I promise. With that said, good luck in that game Lions. TCB!

Uh. Duck. Uh UC ran it straight down the ponies throat. It can be done. You just havr to match thier intensity. Steel sharpens steel. Get er done Lions

I guess I'll be told that this is not the time or place to post this but just can't help myself. Relating back to a former Dresden hero, Popeye Jones now. First let me say that I'm an avid hockey fan (Nashville Predators) and watch all their games on TV and find time to go to a few games every season. In this seasons draft the Predators had the #4 pick overall and picked a defenseman named Seth Jones who just happens to be the son of Popeye Jones. No one has been able to figure out how he was still available at the #4 pick but he was and he's now a Nashville Predator. A darn good one too. He seems like a really good young man too.

Saturday before last I was in Nashville for the Preds game and got to see Seth score his first NHL goal. He's since scored another. He has proven already that he is an irreplaceable asset to the Predators............looks like a future franchise player already. Dresden should be proud of him even though we're not exactly in hockey country historically. Popeye mentioned in an interview after the draft that he was proud to see Seth go to Nashville since he was a Tennessee product as well.

NOW back to football...........ya'll Lions take care of business in the playoffs unless my Bulldogs are involved. Pretty sure they would like a do-over/Mulligan!!! LOL

Take it easy on me moderators. I know I'm off topic here some but Popeye did play football at Dresden so...........................

I'll get you on topic duck. Tyrone Jones will be a freshman next year for Dresden. He is a heck of a player and what a football name..Tyrone Jones! He's also popeye's nephew. How's that? Edited by Select55

Uh. Duck. Uh UC ran it straight down the ponies throat. It can be done. You just havr to match thier intensity. Steel sharpens steel. Get er done Lions

I agree with Swo. However, I think y'all matched with Hdon well. We matched with Peabody well. I think we will have trouble and I think y'all may have trouble with Peabody. Hope I'm wrong!

Swo, I do know that. Lots of changes made in donkey land since then too. It might be possible when they play but I doubt it. Still hoping for a Lion throwdown when they play though.

Thanks, Reg. Haven't won against H'don for last three years. Hoping this can be the year... Anybody know last time Dresden beat Huntingdon?

Huntingdon has Milan this week so the focus is on the Bulldogs.  but i have looked back and came across this.

In 1993 Dresden pulled out a win over Huntingdon  14-7

Since 1930 Dresden and Huntingdon has played 17 times.  Huntingdon has the advantage at

13Wins   3 Loss  1 Tie      2  of Dresden wins came back in the the 30's and 40's   I know these two teams don't play every year but the last time Dresden beat Huntingdon it has been 20 years.  Theses players were not even around then.

1933   13-12    Dresden

1934    14-6     Huntingdon

1937    13-7     Huntingdon

1938     14-0    Dresden

1939     20-0    Huntingdon

1940     7-0      Huntingdon

1941     13-13   TIED

1942      21-0    Huntingdon

1947      26-0    Huntingdon

1993      14-7    Dresden

1994     56-13   Huntingdon

2005     21-12   Huntingdon

2006     14-0     Huntingdon

2009     41-14   Huntingdon

2010     28-22   Huntingdon

2011     42-13   Huntingdon

2012      38-6    Huntingdon

Edited by 34ME

I'll get you on topic duck. Tyrone Jones will be a freshman next year for Dresden. He is a heck of a player and what a football name..Tyrone Jones! He's also popeye's nephew. How's that?

Just want to correct select55.  Tyrone is a 7th grader.  He is popeye's great nephew.  David(popeyes' older brother) is his grandfather.  And he has the best passing catching hands in Dresden and that includes the high school players.  Can't wait for him to get to high school because I didn't see him drop a pass that was near him.

Just want to correct select55.  Tyrone is a 7th grader.  He is popeye's great nephew.  David(popeyes' older brother) is his grandfather.  And he has the best passing catching hands in Dresden and that includes the high school players.  Can't wait for him to get to high school because I didn't see him drop a pass that was near him.

I didn't see our high school players drop a pass until this year. It can happen.......