Future SEC player

I'm watching Bo Wallace play tonight and it got me thinking. Any of you guys think Al Cobb could play at that level of college football and is there any other players we should watch out for to be playing at the level as well?

No doubt! Cobb can play at that level.

Vandy wants Fairview's Deondre Moore as a safety, but I hear he wants to play receiver somewhere. He has several options.

Fairview's Julian Franklin will more than likely sign with Navy.

They are both still getting calls.

Edited by Jacketman89

When did Fairview start getting all of these athletes? I never remember them having great athletes. Just a really good crop of kids right now? Did they rezone and pickup other kids. Just curious what has changed?

More than likely a once in a lifetime Senior class that we have had the pleasure to watch in Fairview. Just a great crop of kids, as you say. We have some Juniors that will be great next year, too.

Edited by Jacketman89

I'm watching Bo Wallace play tonight and it got me thinking. Any of you guys think Al Cobb could play at that level of college football and is there any other players we should watch out for to be playing at the level as well?

Cobb definitely has the arm to play anywhere in the country. I just worry about his stature. Seems a little thin for the SEC. He could benefit from putting on some weight.

With that said, I really like how the kid throws the ball. The ball flies out of his hand. Great velocity. He has a violent throwing motion (think Favre or Elway). It's rare to find a QB that really utilizes his legs in throws. Cobb does a great job putting his whole body into the throw. He's very quick getting the ball through the acceleration phase of the throw. Good release point as well. His footwork and play fakes could use some work but he keeps good balance in the pocket despite those fixable flaws.

And he seems like a good kid. That's always a plus when you're dealing with teenagers. He has a future in football if he pursues it.

Edited by DougVick

Glad to hear that about Moore and Franklin. Both are great players and were a pleasure to watch play the last few years. I for some reason forogt about phillips even after seeing him play against page. Cobb seems to be good enough to play at that level just needs to put on more weight. That is the only thing that I look at and say would keep him from playing at that level.

Gabe has traveled all over the South East and proven his worth on the field in 7 on 7's against high school "studs" from Tennessee to Alabama to Florida. I heard that Bama's ole ball coach was impressed. I have seen these kids against older High School guys, they will be fine. Just like I said, remember the names, they are legit. BTW Gabe caught a TD pass on Thursday Night Lights this past season, and Bailey started as a freshman. Bailey was training with Antone Davis until Davis got the job at UT. I was just putting my 2 cents worth in on the subject. Y'all have a good day. BTW Tom Lemming came up with the top 50 list. Tom does his homework. Y'all have a good day.

Edited by PUDDIN49