2013 Boyd Buchanan

skydogg25

Tough loss Friday night but sometimes you dont play at your best when only your best can beat such a quality team as Friendship is and you get beat. The Commanders were outstanding and were too much to overcome with all of injuries that we had incurred the past month. With that said, its time to move on and look at what looks to be a huge rebuilding job as the Bucs lose every starter except 2 on both offense and defense and lose both our kicker and punters as well. Question for everyone especially Buc fans is what do you think our team will look like and how do you think we will be next season? The schedule looks tougher so we need to take that into consideration as we open up with Red Bank and Friendship to start our campaign! We know we will have #1 which will give us a chance to be competative, but alot of questions are coming with this group!!

Edited by skydogg25

Hard to believe the 2012 season has come and gone. It's always hard to end on a loss, but the seniors we lose have a lot to be proud of. 2013 will bring in a lot of question marks for the Bucs. Having #1 at QB is a big plus, and I look to him to lead our young guys in the off season/during the season. I'm glad we have a tougher schedule. Our guys will have to come out of the gates at a high level to compete. I think that will go a long into preparing us for the 2A play offs. I don't know many of the younger guys, but a few of them that look promising in my eyes that could step up are #33, #7, #21. #22 stepped it up this season, and should also be a key contributor on offense. Sky do we have any younger linemen ready to step in? This might be the first year in a while we don't have a 300 pound linemen. I don't think I saw any on the sidelines this season. I'm excited about 2013. No one will know what to expect from us, and we might be able to fly under the radar and surprise teams come play off time.

Hard to believe the 2012 season has come and gone. It's always hard to end on a loss, but the seniors we lose have a lot to be proud of. 2013 will bring in a lot of question marks for the Bucs. Having #1 at QB is a big plus, and I look to him to lead our young guys in the off season/during the season. I'm glad we have a tougher schedule. Our guys will have to come out of the gates at a high level to compete. I think that will go a long into preparing us for the 2A play offs. I don't know many of the younger guys, but a few of them that look promising in my eyes that could step up are #33, #7, #21. #22 stepped it up this season, and should also be a key contributor on offense. Sky do we have any younger linemen ready to step in? This might be the first year in a while we don't have a 300 pound linemen. I don't think I saw any on the sidelines this season. I'm excited about 2013. No one will know what to expect from us, and we might be able to fly under the radar and surprise teams come play off time.

one thing will help is that our best young lineman #63 played a whole season at RT so it will help having him anchor the line. #61 will try and replace the huge shoes #55 left and that will alot to ask but I think he may only play C so that will might help. I hear the Davis kid who didnt play this season is coming back and that will be a huge lift at Guard and I think #56 will play both ways this upcoming season and he is very strong. There are a couple of big kids in #74 and #70 but they are very green but a whole summer may help them tremendously. On the D-line I figure #63 may play some this next year and #21 will be very good at one end, but again repalcing #55 will be a huge question. I think if we get our O-Line ready we can be explosive on offense with #33, #22, #21, #7, #16, and #86! Defensively we have to replace the LB's but do have alot of athletes so maybe we can find a strong group and in the secondary #1 and #7 being back along with #16 playing a full season should make us strong! I agree we may take some lumps early but by the end of the season if we come together we may be a tough out and with Friendship gone the race could be wide open!

Edited by skydogg25

I think I saw #33 play a little LB this year. He has good size. Not sure how physical he is, but he looks like he could lay the boom on some people next year. I agree the race could be wide open. FCS is gone, but slot Goodpasture into that slot. They are usually a very good, well coached team. Need to recruit from the soccer team again and get a kicker. I'm sure Coach Walker could recommend someone for us haha. Was #16 the transfer that couldn't play this year?

I think I saw #33 play a little LB this year. He has good size. Not sure how physical he is, but he looks like he could lay the boom on some people next year. I agree the race could be wide open. FCS is gone, but slot Goodpasture into that slot. They are usually a very good, well coached team. Need to recruit from the soccer team again and get a kicker. I'm sure Coach Walker could recommend someone for us haha. Was #16 the transfer that couldn't play this year?

yeah from Soddy and he played the past couple of games and looked good. I think #2 will do a good job at kicker and they are saying #5's brother is a haas of a kicker coming into the program as a freshman!! #33 does play LB and I think he will help there as well and #15's brother #34 is a very hard hitting LB like his brother so he will fill a role I think!

Edited by skydogg25

Speaking from the FC side, you never know what the offseason can bring. Last year everyone was excited about how the season ended but there was this very underlying "yikes-now what" from everyone knowing that we were losing 5 to 7 super key guys. I literally heard people walking out of the Cookeville championship game last year saying "We are dead next year". Some doubted we would even make the playoffs this season. All this nonsense talk about recruiting our new QB.....that's not what got us success this year. Yes, a big part of it but it was mostly what you guys are discussing here, younger guys stepping up. What good is a great new QB if you don't have the line or the receivers? I for one am very much looking forward to how you guys bounce back. I think it will be a great story. Now that we don't play each other in playoffs anymore we can pull for you guys!

Speaking from the FC side, you never know what the offseason can bring. Last year everyone was excited about how the season ended but there was this very underlying "yikes-now what" from everyone knowing that we were losing 5 to 7 super key guys. I literally heard people walking out of the Cookeville championship game last year saying "We are dead next year". Some doubted we would even make the playoffs this season. All this nonsense talk about recruiting our new QB.....that's not what got us success this year. Yes, a big part of it but it was mostly what you guys are discussing here, younger guys stepping up. What good is a great new QB if you don't have the line or the receivers? I for one am very much looking forward to how you guys bounce back. I think it will be a great story. Now that we don't play each other in playoffs anymore we can pull for you guys!

Thanks for the encouragement!! You guys have a wonderful team and I for one are rooting for you guys this Saturday! I met your QB and #62 before the game and they are outstanding young men!!

It is crazy what a off season can do. We are lucky to return our QB and I think that will help out a lot on the offensive side of the ball. Being the offensive coordinators son, he knows the play book inside and out. You guys had a lot of sophomores out there that had to step up just like our kids will have to do. I look forward to seeing you guys in the regular season next year. Does anyone know where the game will be at yet?

It is crazy what a off season can do. We are lucky to return our QB and I think that will help out a lot on the offensive side of the ball. Being the offensive coordinators son, he knows the play book inside and out. You guys had a lot of sophomores out there that had to step up just like our kids will have to do. I look forward to seeing you guys in the regular season next year. Does anyone know where the game will be at yet?

we are at Red Bank then Home against Friendship to start the season!

I assume that it will be a home game for you. Not totally sure about that.