Obion Shawn Jackson is Leaving Town

sonofmandingo

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck ya!! How dare him and the QB club get new weights, equipment, update the facilities, film room redone, revamped locker room, distill a sense of pride and winning attitude in kids .. they must be removed for doing that!! We don't need a football program. Its a basketball school and hunting club!!

1. What does QB club have to do with this?

2. Many of these things (updating facilities, etc.) seem to be what Jackson termed as "politics" in the Messenger article. "The past five years I've been focused on getting the fieldhouse fixed up, hiring coaches, trying to get the junior high programs in better shape. I'm not into all that. I'm not a politician." Maybe he's just not "into" being a head coach.

3. He was not "removed," as you say; he resigned.

Heck ya!! How dare him and the QB club get new weights, equipment, update the facilities, film room redone, revamped locker room, distill a sense of pride and winning attitude in kids .. they must be removed for doing that!! We don't need a football program. Its a basketball school and hunting club!!

got news for you....unless you are referring to girls basketball....the rebels are no longer a basketball school nor will they be anytime soon

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if Dude got another offer or what. But It was a big suprising when he left- as far as the Jack of all Trades comment- well, it's a high school, not a college facility. Sometimes you have to wear many hats and do more work besides the X's and O's.

I understand that a good crop of applicants have showed interest in the position- locally and from other areas. OC hopes to have a head coach in place before the Christmas - so an off season program can take place and get the program back on a solid direction and footing by spring. B)