MY FINAL 2012 CLASS 3A TOP TEN POLL...........ENJOY

howdoitknow

my bad....bottom 4. Kingston is a team I have rated alot higher than anybody else but I think they aren't being considered because they lost earlier in the playoffs. They played us tough both games imho.

I personally view Kingston as likely a top 10 team. The only reason I didn't go beyond a top 5 is that once you get past those, it's hard for me to have a very educated opinion of teams in middle and west TN that I only read about as opposed to seeing them in person and following their games throughout the year. I personally thought it would come down to CAK and Alcoa in the east and Milan and CPA in the west. Of course, with the way the quads are set up, I knew the winner of the CAK / Alcoa game would have to face someone from quad one in the semis, I just didn't know who. Before the season, I thought AE or Betsy might be a contender again. Well, 5 out of 6 isn't too bad...th_taz5.gif

I personally view Kingston as likely a top 10 team. th_taz5.gif

I don't know....I do have them top 5 based on performances against us....but it's neither here nor there at this point. I guess just based on how they would match up against us though...I have no idea how they would matchup against some of these other teams. I HATE polls! lol

I kept the Tasmanian Devil in because it's so cool! haha

Edited by BRPro

I don't know....I do have them top 5 based on performances against us....but it's neither here nor there at this point. I guess just based on how they would match up against us though...I have no idea how they would matchup against some of these other teams. I HATE polls! lol

I kept the Tasmanian Devil in because it's so cool! haha

I did think it ironic that a CAK fan would use a "devil" in a post...

Without disparaging anyone, let me ask you to think about this. The first time CAK played Kingston, the score was 56-31 with CAK holding out a number of its offensive weapons on defense. The second time, admittedly, Kingston executed very well and had a great game plan. But all of us who follow CAK closely, including yourself, would agree we had a flat team and a flat crowd lol while facing the second of district foe we had already defeated. Even so, CAK won 23-7, and keep in mind, they kneeled down at the goal line, rather than score, while running out the clock. The score could have legitimately been 30-7. With that in mind, considering 1st and 2nd meeting, are you sure you would put them top 5, including middle and west TN teams like Milan and CPA? I just don't see it. They were a good team that made great progress from last year and should be proud, but they were not up to Milan, CPA, Elizabethton, etc. IMHO. Just food for thought. Your mileage may vary.

I did think it ironic that a CAK fan would use a "devil" in a post...

Without disparaging anyone, let me ask you to think about this. The first time CAK played Kingston, the score was 56-31 with CAK holding out a number of its offensive weapons on defense. The second time, admittedly, Kingston executed very well and had a great game plan. But all of us who follow CAK closely, including yourself, would agree we had a flat team and a flat crowd lol while facing the second of district foe we had already defeated. Even so, CAK won 23-7, and keep in mind, they kneeled down at the goal line, rather than score, while running out the clock. The score could have legitimately been 30-7. With that in mind, considering 1st and 2nd meeting, are you sure you would put them top 5, including middle and west TN teams like Milan and CPA? I just don't see it. They were a good team that made great progress from last year and should be proud, but they were not up to Milan, CPA, Elizabethton, etc. IMHO. Just food for thought. Your mileage may vary.

You make good points and I'd bow down to your picks over mine anyway. I have read your other posts about match ups, run offense, run defense etc etc and I agree with all that you and the others are saying about match ups. It's all about the match up, and in my tunnel vision, I'm only looking at how they matched up against us.

I felt in the first Kingston game, they played with us for most of the first half and we only rested some of our defensive starters after they failed to hold serve (unable to keep trading scores).

The second game, I was a bit shocked we didn't have much of a crowd. I do agree we came out a bit flat, but Kingston did the rest by controlling the clock against us like nobody else could and keeping our offense flat. They kept our offense on the bench and it was a cold night. They played us about as perfectly as a team should have....long slow drives that ate up alot of clock. Agreed it could have been 30-7 in the end, but for 3 quarters it could have easily gone either way.

I feel if Milan had scored more against us, we'd have scored more than 48. We also had the ball inside their 10 with 2mins left and didn't score as it was. As for Betsy, I felt we stopped after the first half of the Betsy game.

Without any preconceived notions about how easily we'd handle Kingston, I felt they matched up the best outside of Alcoa and played us the toughest. I think Kingston could battle Milan and Betsy into an excellent game....but I'm somewhat ignorant as to how well their defense could stop the run. If they can't stop the run very well, then Milan and Betsy might stomp them.

IMHO.....Kingston played us the toughest of those three, but I agree, we came out much more amped up against Milan and perhaps Betsy. Kingston game #2 was impressive to me on Kingston's behalf. They adapted from the first meeting.

First time around they tried to trade scores and did pretty well with it. Second game they tried a ball possession game plan.....and did very well with it. The point spread could have been higher, but it was a nail biter for three quarters.

I couldn't find the box score of the Kingston game #2 but my trusty rusty facebook page tells me it was 16-7 CAK with 6mins left and Kingston just turned it over on downs. I "assume" that's when CAK took the ball down to make it 23-7.....with about 5 mins left in the game or thereabouts. I think we had a quick strike if memory serves......(it never does).

Edited by BRPro

I couldn't find the box score of the Kingston game but my trusty rusty facebook page tells me it was 16-7 CAK with 6mins left and Kingston just turned it over on downs. I "assume" that's when CAK took the ball down to make it 23-7.....with about 5 mins left in the game or thereabouts. I think we had a quick strike if memory serves......(it never does).

...another post has it 8-0 CAK and "almost" half time. Kingston playing us tough. lol

Edited by BRPro

This is an interesting hypothetical discussion. However as a CPA fan, I think that CAK and Alcoa are clearly 1 & 2 so the real question is who is number 3? Milan proved it on the field so they would be my number 3. Does Milan have a case for claiming number 2? Yes since they ,again, proved it on the field. However, after watching Alcoa play, I think Alcoa would beat Milan in a head to head.

I do think CPA would match up better against CAK, but I don't think CPA is better than CAK and it would take a great game by CPA or an off game by CAK for CPA to win.

I'm not sure how to rank Elizabethton in the mix, so I will have to punt on the Cyclones.

As long as we are discussing hypotheticals, what I really would like is another rematch with Milan. LOL I'm not sure that CPA gave Milan their best game, but gotta give the Bulldogs their credit and their due.

This is an interesting hypothetical discussion. However as a CPA fan, I think that CAK and Alcoa are clearly 1 & 2 so the real question is who is number 3? Milan proved it on the field so they would be my number 3. Does Milan have a case for claiming number 2?

Good post.

For those that are ranking Milan simply based on being in the Championship game...yes, they deserve #2. In reality, if they played Alcoa they would lose. Does this mean they would be #3 in a "poll"? To me it does. I then use my logic and ask myself, would they beat Kingston?.....hmmmm. Kingston held us to 16-7 with 6mins left in the game and it was only about 8-0 approaching half time.

Kingston isn't being considered, imho, because they lost before Betsy lost and Milan for that matter. What if we played Betsy in the first round and Kingston in the second round? hmmm....hmmmm....HMMMMM.

Edited by BRPro

This is an interesting hypothetical discussion. However as a CPA fan, I think that CAK and Alcoa are clearly 1 & 2 so the real question is who is number 3? Milan proved it on the field so they would be my number 3. Does Milan have a case for claiming number 2? Yes since they ,again, proved it on the field. However, after watching Alcoa play, I think Alcoa would beat Milan in a head to head.

I do think CPA would match up better against CAK, but I don't think CPA is better than CAK and it would take a great game by CPA or an off game by CAK for CPA to win.

I'm not sure how to rank Elizabethton in the mix, so I will have to punt on the Cyclones.

As long as we are discussing hypotheticals, what I really would like is another rematch with Milan. LOL I'm not sure that CPA gave Milan their best game, but gotta give the Bulldogs their credit and their due.

As for the rematch with Milan.... maybe we will see each other in the semi's again next year!! You know what they say... 3rd times the charm!!!

As for the rematch with Milan.... maybe we will see each other in the semi's again next year!! You know what they say... 3rd times the charm!!!

Maybe. I am sure that to get to Cookville from Quads 3 & 4 you have to go through Milan to get there. CPA is graduating a strong senior class, so I am not ready to predict 2013 until I see if they are able to rebuild. I really like their Freshmen class and who knows what a year in the weight room will bring.

From what I can tell CPA, Milan, Cheatham County and CAK will all be graduating a big senior class in 2012. Was there a junior lead team this year that should stand out next year (like Cheatham County last year)?

Maybe. I am sure that to get to Cookville from Quads 3 & 4 you have to go through Milan to get there. CPA is graduating a strong senior class, so I am not ready to predict 2013 until I see if they are able to rebuild. I really like their Freshmen class and who knows what a year in the weight room will bring.

From what I can tell CPA, Milan, Cheatham County and CAK will all be graduating a big senior class in 2012. Was there a junior lead team this year that should stand out next year (like Cheatham County last year)?

Don't know.... maybe someone else can shine some light on the matter.

Was there a junior lead team this year that should stand out next year (like Cheatham County last year)?

Cheatham County returns Brown, Sweatt, Presley, and Shelton at the skilled positions offensively. They return Keegan at center but lose both guards, both tackles, and a tight end. Defensively the Cubs return a good core of this year's group. They'll have Beamer and Jock up front. They'll have a good core of linebackers in Wood, Newman, and Sweatt. They'll have Marrow and Presley in the secondary (and I would expect Brown to play in the defensive backfield as well). Overall the Cubs could be solid next season if they can build an offensive line. The Cubs have always been good along the offensive line so I would expect this to be something the coaches figure out quickly. The Cubs lose a pair of great backs in Potts and White and although this will hurt tremendously (especially "big play potential wise") I still see a solid offensive backfield that will be capable of producing yards for what the Cubs do offensively.

The new district will be more challenging. Playing county rivals Harpeth and Sycamore in district games will be huge. Greenbrier returns to the schedule after being absent the last 2 seasons. White House and White House-Heritage will quickly develop into interesting rivalries for sure. I am also anxious to play Westmoreland (although it is a year "too late"). A matchup between the Cubs and Eagles this season would have been entertaining for sure.